PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to say...

MeetJoeGreene
10-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Woooooo!!!

Ben is back.
Offensive is clicking.
First Place.

Let's keep it rolling.MeetJoeGreene
Troy Polamalu

Ghost
10-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Watching the long throw to Wallace when the Steelers were backed way up - that was ALL arm!! Ben looked good and strong. The timing was a hair off a couple of times but he looked good.

Have to beleive it fires the D up knowing points are going to be put on the board and they get a rest on long drives.

papillon
10-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Watching the long throw to Wallace when the Steelers were backed way up - that was ALL arm!! Ben looked good and strong. The timing was a hair off a couple of times but he looked good.

Have to beleive it fires the D up knowing points are going to be put on the board and they get a rest on long drives.

It may fire the defense up, but I'd still like to see them stop giving up the garbage points that extend a game. If the defense makes a stop late instead of conceding a TD, the game is over and you're on cruise control, instead the game gets extended (2 possession game) and the offense comes out and promptly goes three and out after an onside kick recovery and the Browns are still in the game.

Of course, the offense could have picked up a 1st down and iced the game, but, still, the garbage TD sucks.

Pappy

feltdizz
10-18-2010, 10:49 AM

It may fire the defense up, but I'd still like to see them stop giving up the garbage points that extend a game. If the defense makes a stop late instead of conceding a TD, the game is over and you're on cruise control, instead the game gets extended (2 possession game) and the offense comes out and promptly goes three and out after an onside kick recovery and the Browns are still in the game.

Of course, the offense could have picked up a 1st down and iced the game, but, still, the garbage TD sucks.

Pappy

I would have liked to see our D pin the Stains deep when we punted a few times because their punter was killing us with those GL punts.

Can't really complain about the D though.. they played well.

flippy
10-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Timmons!!!!!!!!

RuthlessBurgher
10-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Woooooo!!!

Ben is back.
Offensive is clicking.
First Place.

Let's keep it rolling.MeetJoeGreene
Troy Polamalu

Okay...now I'm confused about who made this post.

MeetJoeGreene or Troy Polamalu? :wink:

drprwnap
10-18-2010, 12:46 PM

Pappy

Amen, Pappy!! As good as our defense is playing, it absolutely drives me NUTS some of these late TD they are giving up. Now I don't expect them to picth a shutout every game but the TD drive by the Clowns yesterday was RIDICULOUSLY EASY. Hell, they might as well have stayed on the sidelines and let Cleveland score on one play. At least make the other team EARN the TD for
christsakes. :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Steelers>NFL
10-18-2010, 01:09 PM

Pappy

Amen, Pappy!! As good as our defense is playing, it absolutely drives me NUTS some of these late TD they are giving up. Now I don't expect them to picth a shutout every game but the TD drive by the Clowns yesterday was RIDICULOUSLY EASY. Hell, they might as well have stayed on the sidelines and let Cleveland score on one play. At least make the other team EARN the TD for
christsakes. :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

X2 :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

stlrz d
10-18-2010, 11:58 PM
I love it when people temper their posts with "I don't expect a shut out but..."

Because you *do* expect a shut out. And that's simply not being realistic.

The D gave up 10 frickin points. 10. This league is all about offense. We gave up 10. We scored 28.

Quit nit picking and worrying...enjoy it. Jaysus!

feltdizz
10-19-2010, 09:12 AM
People expect shut outs... 8 yards on every run... no incompletions... no sacks.. no hits on the QB... every KR should be a TD... every offensive play should be a TD.

we won 28 to 10 and people are uncomfortable because we don't have much to complain about.

proudpittsburgher
10-19-2010, 09:16 AM
People expect shut outs... 8 yards on every run... no incompletions... no sacks.. no hits on the QB... every KR should be a TD... every offensive play should be a TD.

we won 28 to 10 and people are uncomfortable because we don't have much to complain about.

yepper, we have a winner.

papillon
10-19-2010, 09:42 AM
I love it when people temper their posts with "I don't expect a shut out but..."

The D gave up 10 frickin points. 10. This league is all about offense. We gave up 10. We scored 28.

I don't think anyone is saying that the defense played poorly or that they expect a shutout. What is excruciating to watch is that in the 4th quarter after snuffing out drives all day they give up a TD drive as if they aren't even on the field 4 plays, 5 plays, TD and the unfortunate reality of this is that it extends the game and puts it in doubt.

A stop by the defense late or a first down by the offense and the game is over and its cruise control the rest of the way. Instead, they have to field an onside kick, then the offense doesn't get a first down and the defense is playing yet again after just giving up a TD. It didn't hurt them this game, but it did against the Ravens and it could against the upper echelon teams in the NFL.

Pappy

ikestops85
10-19-2010, 11:44 AM

So what's your point? :stirpot

Are you calling us all whiners and complainers? :evil:

Actually I agree with you but it would be nice to have more games like the TB game where it is well in hand. Two score leads in the 4th quarter aren't as safe to me as they used to be. :D

proudpittsburgher
10-19-2010, 11:53 AM

I don't think anyone is saying that the defense played poorly or that they expect a shutout. What is excruciating to watch is that in the 4th quarter after snuffing out drives all day they give up a TD drive as if they aren't even on the field 4 plays, 5 plays, TD and the unfortunate reality of this is that it extends the game and puts it in doubt.

A stop by the defense late or a first down by the offense and the game is over and its cruise control the rest of the way. Instead, they have to field an onside kick, then the offense doesn't get a first down and the defense is playing yet again after just giving up a TD. It didn't hurt them this game, but it did against the Ravens and it could against the upper echelon teams in the NFL.

Pappy

I think this is leftover aggression from some of the woe is me threads where people are saying "here we go again . . . Lebeau is getting too old . . . just like the defense in 09 . . . yada yada yada. Personally, The TDs we gave up late in the Tampa game meant nothing to me . . .the Titans game was well in the bag and I don't put any stock into it, and the Ravens, while most costly to us, was after a goal-line stand and giving them good field position on the final drive. I know there are things to be discussed, but too many are taking the "Sky is falling" approach. This reaction, I am guessing, was held over from that. At least it is for me.

papillon
10-19-2010, 11:58 AM

Pappy

I think this is leftover aggression from some of the woe is me threads where people are saying "here we go again . . . Lebeau is getting too old . . . just like the defense in 09 . . . yada yada yada. Personally, The TDs we gave up late in the Tampa game meant nothing to me . . .the Titans game was well in the bag and I don't put any stock into it, and the Ravens, while most costly to us, was after a goal-line stand and giving them good field position on the final drive. I know there are things to be discussed, but too many are taking the "Sky is falling" approach. This reaction, I am guessing, was held over from that. At least it is for me.

Yea, maybe, but you have to admit, you probably get more anxious late in games and the defense has to make a stop to win the game. With Ben back now, I'd prefer being behind by 7 points or less and hand the ball to Ben and the offense to tie or win the game.

Right now, I trust Ben more than I do the defense and that is residual from last year and this year's Ravens game. I don't expect a shutout, but I'd love to see a stand by the defense when it counts and they have a chance to end the game.

Pappy

cruzer8
10-19-2010, 12:59 PM
This defense is fine.

drprwnap
10-19-2010, 01:03 PM

Quit putting words in my mouth! :evil:
I said "make them earn the TD". I have no problem with the TD. My problem was the EASE of it. Did you ever stop to think that if we would have made them earn it, with say like a 10 play drive that takes 4 or 5 minutes off the clock, that would help us? Or are you too busy putting words in peoples's mouths? By playing strong defense we could have eaten up some clock time, at the very least.
AND I DON'T EXPECT A SHUTOUT EVERY GAME. It would be nice, but not expected.