PDA

View Full Version : Dear Bruce,

steelblood
10-18-2010, 07:41 AM
Dear Bruce,

Congratulations on losing all of that weight. I know that the Nutrisystem stuff tastes like crap because Mike Golic let that slip a while back. It really wasn't a big surprise. I've heard the key ingredient is diarrhea. Is that true?

Nice job stretching the field this week. The kid Sanders looks good. He runs crisp routes and understands how to find holes in zones. It is nice to have Ben back. You may want to remind him to occasionally throw the ball away before the defensive tackle starts twisting his ankle off if you want to keep the big fella around for the entire season.

Question about Matt Spaeth: Does he have a voodoo doll of you or pictures of you french kissing a Justin Beiber poster? I've watched him closely all year, and the most positive thing I can say is that he doesn't always instantly fall down. Come on Bruce, the kid on our practice squad must be ready by now. Jettison Spaeth. Or, at least stop giving him so much playing time.

Finally, I think you need to stop tipping your hand and stacking the deck against you with the formations and sets. For example, when you go three TEs (or 2 TEs and another TE pretending to be a fullback) and then bring Mike Wallace in motion and stop him in the backfield, everyone in the stadium knows we are running the ball and all the D must do is follow/key on Rashard (look for the spinning dude). Furthermore, putting Mike Wallace in the backfield is like asking Peyton Manning to field punts. You ran this formation at least four times in the game. They know what is coming and Spaeth and Wallace are poor blockers. May I suggest leaving two or three WRs in the game? If you spread the field out a bit, you will give Mendenhall more space to work with and the middle of the field will not be clogged with nine defenders. And, if you must run that formation again, go with a tackle eligible for Spaeth and Ward for Wallace. I really shouldn't have to tell you this stuff, Bruce. I'm quite busy posting on message boards and making sandwiches. Be a pal and fix it.

Thanks for listening,
Steelblood

flippy
10-18-2010, 08:02 AM
My pet peeve is we run every time the defense has 8-9 men in the box and we pass when the defense has 7 or fewer.

I'd like to see Mendy run when there's room. And I'd like to see us pass when there's no one in coverage.

Unless of course we're saving it for later.

feltdizz
10-18-2010, 08:45 AM
My pet peeve is we run every time the defense has 8-9 men in the box and we pass when the defense has 7 or fewer.

I'd like to see Mendy run when there's room. And I'd like to see us pass when there's no one in coverage.

Unless of course we're saving it for later.

we have a RB who can take it to the house on any run if he makes one guy miss and the OL blocks... and I'm sure Ben can audible.

drprwnap
10-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Dear Bruce,

I counted 3 times we ran a play action pass yesterday and all 3 times the receivers were WIDE OPEN. Now I'm not saying every pass should be play action, but please start using it more often. Especially if we are running the ball effectively.

AngryAsian
10-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Dear Bruce,

To keep more aggressive defensive units on their heels, could we please, oh please, hand the reigns over to Ben and the no huddle... not all the time, but mix it up here and there. I know you aren't a big proponent of diversity but let's go with the offensive schemes that really play to the strengths of our offensive keynotes.... now that we have had an upgrade in our O-Line, I think this option might be very advantageous in putting some serious points up on the score board. Thanks.

feltdizz
10-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Dear Bruce,

Don't listen to them... they hate you cause they ain't you. :wink:

FD

Captain Lemming
10-18-2010, 06:28 PM

Blame the commish. We do for everything else. :lol:

We do it just because our sheer "awesomeness" would make fans of other teams stop going to games knowing we will inevitably win the SB.

The league mandates that we do this to give some semblance of fairness.