PDA

View Full Version : anyone else notice..

JTP53609
10-17-2010, 09:14 PM
1. how nice the grass looked, it really stood out this week over past weeks and years...

2. on the first sack of the game by woodley, he took mccoy down at the 50 but for some reason on the next snap the line of scrimmage was the 45...did not matter cause we picked off the next pass

3. ryan clark loves hitting with his shoulder, sometimes, actually too often then not he goes for the big hit instead of the sure tackle

4. Ben's 40+ yard pass to Heath Miller was one of the prettiest balls I have seen him ever throw

5. Redman looks really, really good, I know it was the browns but still

6. Jeff Reeds last PAT, what the heck, it too was hit wrong but barely got inside the right upright, just sayin.

7. I have a bad feeling Colt McCoy is going to be a thorn in our side for the next few years, he is smart and has very good accuarcy, that and he is a winner.

stlrz d
10-17-2010, 09:20 PM
1. how nice the grass looked, it really stood out this week over past weeks and years...

2. on the first sack of the game by woodley, he took mccoy down at the 50 but for some reason on the next snap the line of scrimmage was the 45...did not matter cause we picked off the next pass

3. ryan clark loves hitting with his shoulder, sometimes, actually too often then not he goes for the big hit instead of the sure tackle

4. Ben's 40+ yard pass to Heath Miller was one of the prettiest balls I have seen him ever throw

6. Jeff Reeds last PAT, what the heck, it too was hit wrong but barely got inside the right upright, just sayin.

7. I have a bad feeling Colt McCoy is going to be a thorn in our side for the next few years, he is smart and has very good accuarcy, that and he is a winner.

Keep in mind that TV is 2D and there's no way to tell *exactly* when that ball passes through the uprights.

JTP53609
10-17-2010, 09:25 PM

Keep in mind that TV is 2D and there's no way to tell *exactly* when that ball passes through the uprights.

nope I have one of the petyon manning 3D's...just kidding.
but it did not look good, I was too lazy to rewind it so it may of been the hold, but it was an ugly kick...

Scarletfire1970
10-17-2010, 09:30 PM

7. I have a bad feeling Colt McCoy is going to be a thorn in our side for the next few years, he is smart and has very good accuarcy, that and he is a winner.He's a winner? Did I miss the end of the game? lol

JTP53609
10-17-2010, 09:34 PM

7. I have a bad feeling Colt McCoy is going to be a thorn in our side for the next few years, he is smart and has very good accuarcy, that and he is a winner.He's a winner? Did I miss the end of the game? lol

Funny guy!!!, ..I just meant that he has a history of winning and that is what the browns need, because cleveland has no clue what winning means

Ozey74
10-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Colt looks like that claymation dude from the "Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer" special.

http://www.defalcophoto.com/blogimages/hermey2.jpg

http://www.coltmccoyfans.org/images/colt-mccoy-pic1.jpg

He did have a good first game. If I was a long suffering Browns fan, I'd be encouraged.

Chadman
10-17-2010, 10:08 PM
The Browns are not as bad as we like to think they are.

If they get that running game right, with a fit Hillis & Bell backing him up, they are designed for winter football. They are moving in the opposite direction to the Bengals, and quite possibly the Ravens too.

McCoy will be alright, if they are patient & learn to protect him with both the OL & better skill players surrounding him.

But the steelers are just.....better.

stlrz d
10-17-2010, 10:08 PM

nope I have one of the petyon manning 3D's...just kidding.
but it did not look good, I was too lazy to rewind it so it may of been the hold, but it was an ugly kick...

I just went back and looked at it. Kick was drilled. Also gotta keep in mind an XP is only 17 yards out. Ball is well through. No problems. Go to a game live and stand in the EZ...you'll see what I mean.

Colt looks like that claymation dude from the "Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer" special.

http://www.coltmccoyfans.org/images/colt-mccoy-pic1.jpg

He did have a good first game. If I was a long suffering Browns fan, I'd be encouraged.

Actually that's Chad Pennington. Colt looks like Malcolm In The Middle. I think it was someone here who posted that.

Ozey74
10-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Wow. That is spot on D! Now that you mention it, I recall the Pennington comparison. First time I heard the Frankie Muniz comparison, but it fits.

:brownssuck

Shawn
10-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Give the Browns two seasons and we will be taking them very seriously.

Crash
10-17-2010, 11:03 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/R337QLpyQFI/AAAAAAAAEfw/6G22YBmNp-4/s400/SlickRick.jpg

Starlifter
10-17-2010, 11:36 PM

i was thinking the same thing HOWEVER this is still the stains and they don't know how to win OR be patient. I think mangini is gone after this year which means a new coaching staff and more turmoil. delhomme nor wallace are not the future. they should play mccoy the rest of the year and give him the same staff next year to grow. the defense is solid and they can run. they really are 2-3 impact players away.

but it's the stains. they'll find a way to blow it.

aggiebones
10-17-2010, 11:38 PM
HE'S not a winner. He played at TU and they are loaded at all positions. He had to do little.
And in the National Championship game, he hid under the bleachers after getting a booboo early.
He'll be good enough to get the Browns interested, but he'll just keep them from drafting someone good at the position. He may lift them to mediocrity, but don't count on it.

Ozey74
10-17-2010, 11:45 PM

i was thinking the same thing HOWEVER this is still the stains and they don't know how to win OR be patient. I think mangini is gone after this year which means a new coaching staff and more turmoil. delhomme nor wallace are not the future. they should play mccoy the rest of the year and give him the same staff next year to grow. the defense is solid and they can run. they really are 2-3 impact players away.

Normally I would agree with you, but the Stains have Mike Holmgrem building their team. Like it or not, he is smart and he hates the Steelers. He can find the talent needed to give the Steelers headaches.

Djfan
10-18-2010, 12:00 AM
I would welcome a revitalized Stains / Steelers rivalry. It's been too long.

Starlifter
10-18-2010, 12:23 AM

Normally I would agree with you, but the Stains have Mike Holmgrem building their team. Like it or not, he is smart and he hates the Steelers. He can find the talent needed to give the Steelers headaches.

I understand what you're saying BUT I tend to think of holmgrem as an narcissistic average coach who rode brett favre to his only SB win. I also think whatever curse resides in cleveland is more powerful than mike.