PDA

View Full Version : Ben interview on CBS

stlrz d
10-17-2010, 12:43 PM
There you go, haters and doubters. Ben said flat out on *network TV* that the accusations were NOT TRUE!

grotonsteel
10-17-2010, 12:48 PM
There you go, haters and doubters. Ben said flat out on *network TV* that the accusations were NOT TRUE!

:Clap

But Haters still believe what the girl said...they don't like to look at facts...or what Ben said..

Captain Lemming
10-17-2010, 01:08 PM

This is not news.
He said that from day one.

My argument with you was that Ben never denied going into the bathroom with the girl.
My point is that he would say he wasnt in there if that were the case.

I have never said I believe the charge of rape. Few here ever did. None of the "regulars" that I can recall.

If he never was in the bathroom with her, none of this happens. It is easy to prove.

My point has been it was foolish to put himself in a "he said she said" situation. Again!

He did that by going into the bathroom with that girl.

It is clear that Ben was learned this lesson.

In the end that is all that matters at this point.

Go Ben!
Go Steelers!

stlrz d
10-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Um, one of the accusations was that he was in a locked bathroom with her. ;)

msp26505
10-17-2010, 05:02 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1gd0u9wc]There you go, haters and doubters. Ben said flat out on *network TV* that the accusations were NOT TRUE!

This is not news.

My argument with you was that Ben never denied going into the bathroom with the girl.

I have never said I believe the charge of rape. Few here ever did. None of the "regulars" that I can recall.

If he never was in the bathroom with her, none of this happens. It is easy to prove.

My point has been it was foolish to put himself in a "he said she said" situation. Again!

Go Ben!
Go Steelers![/quote:1gd0u9wc]

That's basically the argument that Boomer Esiason made on NFL Today today, albeit with fewer details.

I have heard Ben repeatedly say the right things on camera, but I am disappointed he has never stood up and said why he accepted his 6 (4) game suspension.

I am an optimist...therefore (without all the facts) I choose to believe that he felt that sitting down and shutting up was the best way to continue his career as a Steeler, considering where the Rooneys stood on the matter.

stlrz d
10-17-2010, 05:34 PM
[quote="stlrz d":2q7nw8jv]There you go, haters and doubters. Ben said flat out on *network TV* that the accusations were NOT TRUE!

This is not news.

Go Ben!
Go Steelers!

That's basically the argument that Boomer Esiason made on NFL Today today, albeit with fewer details.

I have heard Ben repeatedly say the right things on camera, but I am disappointed he has never stood up and said why he accepted his 6 (4) game suspension.

I am an optimist...therefore (without all the facts) I choose to believe that he felt that sitting down and shutting up was the best way to continue his career as a Steeler, considering where the Rooneys stood on the matter.[/quote:2q7nw8jv]

Of course that's why he did it. And it would have been 6 for sure had he not.

Crash
10-17-2010, 07:27 PM

He didn't just accept it. He BEGGED Goodell to let him play. Listen to what he told Hoge.

SteelAbility
10-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Ben accepted the suspension because that was his best chance of keeping his football career alive in Pittsburgh. Ben was suspended for supplying alcohol to minors. It seems like a lot of people forget this. He couldn't dispute that. Accepting the suspension is not necessarily an admission of guilt regarding the rape allegations. In fact, it is an indicator of being in a very compromised position (from a perception point of view).

Crash
10-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Ben was suspended for supplying alcohol to minors. It seems like a lot of people forget this. He couldn't dispute that.

BS. He was suspended because he's a white franchise QB.

Willie Colon paid one of the bar tabs, how was he not suspended?

Ben's job isn't to ID customers, that's the bars.

SteelAbility
10-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Ben was suspended for supplying alcohol to minors. It seems like a lot of people forget this. He couldn't dispute that.

BS. He was suspended because he's a white franchise QB.

Willie Colon paid one of the bar tabs, how was he not suspended?

Ben's job isn't to ID customers, that's the bars.

The technical reason given for Ben's suspension was that of supplying alcohol to minors. What the real reason is subject to speculation. Yes, given the reason for the suspension, Colon should have also been suspended. No argument there.

Captain Lemming
10-17-2010, 11:53 PM
[quote="stlrz d":rcx110xv]There you go, haters and doubters. Ben said flat out on *network TV* that the accusations were NOT TRUE!

This is not news.

Go Ben!
Go Steelers!

That's basically the argument that Boomer Esiason made on NFL Today today, albeit with fewer details.[/quote:rcx110xv]

Not at all. You misunderstand me.
Boomer inferred that Ben must be guilty.
I did not say that.

I am an optimist...therefore (without all the facts) I choose to believe that he felt that sitting down and shutting up was the best way to continue his career as a Steeler, considering where the Rooneys stood on the matter.

My point is that Ben was in the bathroom. For what I would guess was "mutually agreed" purposes. If he was never there, he or one of a dozen other people would say he was not in there. The whole matter, dies THAT NIGHT if he never was in the bathroom. No suspension, no angry fans, no media bashing, nothing. There would be no suspension.

If he says "I was not in the bathroom" how is that going to anger Rooney? Rooney would be relieved if that were the case.

In the above setting it is easy to see why Ben will not talk even if she was agreeable.

1. What happened is just embarrassing, its a bathroom!
2. She was clearly extremely intoxicated. If Crash's scenario for example is true (Bill Clinton/ Monica type stuff), his counsel may have concerns over whether she could give consent in her condition.

stlrz d
10-17-2010, 11:55 PM
You're reaching CL. That's not true at all.

Crash
10-18-2010, 12:23 AM
If Crash's scenario for example is true (Bill Clinton/ Monica type stuff), his counsel may have concerns over whether she could give consent in her condition.

Pssssssst....that's not what she accused him of.

Captain Lemming
10-18-2010, 12:52 AM
If Crash's scenario for example is true (Bill Clinton/ Monica type stuff), his counsel may have concerns over whether she could give consent in her condition.

I never said I thought she was telling the truth.
Crash the funny thing is the first time read your scenario I said it sounds likely.
Based on your scenario, if you are 100 percent correct, it is obvious why Ben doesn't want to say what happened.

Captain Lemming
10-18-2010, 01:01 AM
You're reaching CL. That's not true at all.

Tell it to Crash, its his scenario. I agree with him as to what likely happened.
Please tell us all that what Crash says happened is bogus.

JAR
10-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Lemming... Ben was in the bathroom with the girl, according, only to her and her drunken sorority sisters. Ben, and no one else in his party said they were in the bathroom together.

feltdizz
10-18-2010, 09:36 AM
who gives a sh#t... it's over. Opinions on the truth won't change based on an interview. What the hell were people expecting Ben to say? He said from the jump he was innocent. It's not like the suspension would give him the balls to say he really did do it.

Captain Lemming
10-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Lemming... Ben was in the bathroom with the girl, according, only to her and her drunken sorority sisters. Ben, and no one else in his party said they were in the bathroom together.

Ben, and no one else in his party said they were NOT in the bathroom together either. Why not just say it?

You are at a bar, some crazy chick says you raped her in a bathroom. What are you going to do? Will you plead the 5th? You are surrounded by a dozen people to boot. You are the center of attention.

Your friends are "Interviewed" and the best they can say is, I did not "see" him go into the restroom? Dude the restroom door was not visible from the bar area.

They carefully avoid saying "he never went into the restroom with that girl". They Just didn't "see" it. They could NOT see it from where the were.

You and I are at a bar. You are similarly accused . You will tell the cops you never went into the bathroom with her period. I will confirm it saying I was with you at the bar the whole time. Ben gets a half dozen people saying that and the matter dies that night. It is pretty simple.

Ben is seen as the victim just as you folks see him.

None of this happens.

Crash
10-18-2010, 11:11 AM

I never said I thought she was telling the truth.
Crash the funny thing is the first time read your scenario I said it sounds likely.
Based on your scenario, if you are 100 percent correct, it is obvious why Ben doesn't want to say what happened.

Reno is why he won't say what happened.

feltdizz
10-18-2010, 11:27 AM
even the Sports Reporters on ESPN were bored with the Ben story....

They all were saying, he paid his debt... move on, Favre is the story now, yada yada...

It's over... he played well.