PDA

View Full Version : A Stat to Think About

NorthCoast
10-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Here is a stat to consider; In the last 3 games against the Steelers, the Browns have 13 sacks. Everyone likes to point to the game last December, but you have to think the Browns have found something that works against Ben. They have been successful in disguising their blitzes and Ben and the OL have had trouble picking them up. This is why I say the RBs need to step up their game in blitz protection in order for Ben to have a good game. I suspect Ryan will send guys early to see if Ben has any rust. Ben needs to find check-downs today. A lot of people are predicting a blow-out but this could easily be a game of field goals as well, unless Mendenhall can find some holes. We have a very changed OL vs previous games against the Browns, so it will be very interesting to see how they manage Ryan's high-pressure defense.

Starlifter
10-17-2010, 08:38 AM
I agree. The browns offense (other than cribbs) will most likely struggle today - but the defense is not a pushover.

stlrz d
10-17-2010, 12:51 PM
They had 8 in one game. A game in which Arians refused to adjust. No worries here. Gonna be a blood bath today and the Steelers ain't gonna be in the tub....

BradshawsHairdresser
10-17-2010, 05:22 PM
I don't think the Clowns registered a single sack today...

stlrz d
10-17-2010, 05:33 PM
I don't think the Clowns registered a single sack today...

Not a one.

chiken
10-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Dare we say that we actually have an offensive line this year?

grotonsteel
10-17-2010, 05:59 PM
O-line looked good....

Ozey74
10-17-2010, 06:43 PM
O-line looked good....

I have often wondered how good BB would be with an average O line. Looks like I will get to find out this year!

:Beer

I can't complain about his stat line today. He missed a few throws here and there, but what QB doesn't? Per status quo, he came through when he needed to. Bring on Miami!

BATMAN
10-17-2010, 07:18 PM
I've noticed all this season that Mendenhall can block and block well for that matter. I was picking a Steeler win at 20 to 10 because the Browns defense is no push over. I figured the Browns for one fieldgoal and some soft covergae by our secondary to allow them the one TD.

SteelTorch
10-17-2010, 07:49 PM
I've noticed all this season that Mendenhall can block and block well for that matter. I was picking a Steeler win at 20 to 10 because the Browns defense is no push over. I figured the Browns for one fieldgoal and some soft covergae by our secondary to allow them the one TD.
And we still could have held them to three points...their lone touchdown came off a bonehead play by Timmons. :wink: Not that I can be too hard on him, LT has been playing lights out so far this season!

stlrz d
10-17-2010, 08:00 PM
And we still could have held them to three points...their lone touchdown came off a bonehead play by Timmons. :wink: Not that I can be too hard on him, LT has been playing lights out so far this season!

It's not always easy to tell when the QB has crossed the LOS.

SteelTorch
10-17-2010, 08:03 PM
We shall see... But first, we have to beat a good defense. :stirpot

SteelAbility
10-17-2010, 08:11 PM

When we beat the Bucs their D had 8 consecutive games of giving up no more than 16 points ... I believe.

DukieBoy
10-17-2010, 09:37 PM
O-line looked good....
No false starts from the RT today, were there?

Ozey74
10-17-2010, 09:51 PM

When we beat the Bucs their D had 8 consecutive games of giving up no more than 16 points ... I believe.

The Titans aren't too shabby either.

SteelTorch
10-17-2010, 10:25 PM

The Titans aren't too shabby either.
Yeah, and our OL got destroyed by them. :P Anyway, I'm not going to get into an argument about it now. I'm just going to enjoy the win.

pepsyman1
10-18-2010, 12:59 AM

I'm less worried about how we do against a good defense than I am seeing how we do against a really good offense. Right now our passing D is rated 22nd in the league and we are letting teams complete 67% of their passes. I worry about what a really good passing team might do to us...especially if Lebeau stays in this conservative approach we've settled into at the end of the game. (before halftime too for that matter)