PDA

View Full Version : Anyone rooting for the cheats this Sunday?

Djfan
10-16-2010, 02:18 AM
Oct. 17 Baltimore
1 p.m. at New England
Favorite NWE NWE NWE
Point spread -2 -2 -2
Total 44o/u 44o/u 44o/u
Total money line -110 -110 -110

LordVile
10-16-2010, 02:38 AM
Yeah, I sure am. My sisters husband is a Ratbird fan and he's raising my 3 yr old nephew as such. (not if I have a say) He was rubbing in the loss we had to them the other day. I'll def be hoping they lose. Last Sunday I was rooting for the loser Raiders and was glad they won the Chokers

hawaiiansteel
10-16-2010, 02:44 AM
I have two favorite teams:

1) the Pittsburgh Steelers

2) whoever is playing the Baltimore Felons

so yes, as much as it pains me to say it...I'm rooting for Tom Brady and his girlie haircut this Sunday.

Discipline of Steel
10-16-2010, 06:42 AM
I hate the felons. Hate the patriots. Hate TBrady and RLewis. Cant say what Im rooting for because its bad karma.

From a Steeler perspective, NE has to win this game.

papillon
10-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Being a Steeler fan leaves me incapable of actually cheering for another team in any fashion. What I cheer for is for the Steelers to take care of their business and then let the chips fall. The New England vs Ravens game is one of those games where it's beneficial to the Steelers either way.

Obviously, the Ravens losing is more beneficial, but I won't cheer for the Patriots or the Ravens, I'm a Steeler fan. This is why once the Steelers are done playing I have very little interest in watching football.

Pappy

Chachi
10-16-2010, 07:13 AM
Rooting against a divisional foe always* takes precedence over a conference foe no matter how hated that conference foe is.

Go Cheaters (shudders...gags a little)

*Exceptions arise when divisional foe is perennial cellar dweller. Example, I'd root for the stains over the cheaters.

feltdizz
10-16-2010, 10:02 AM
I don't like the Ravens but I respect their brand of football. I have no respect for the Cheats.

They laid down last year and we missed the playoffs. F@#$ 'em.

sd steel
10-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Rooting for a tie with alot of career ending injuries on both sides, and for the stadium to collapse.

Discipline of Steel
10-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Rooting for a tie with alot of career ending injuries on both sides, and for the stadium to collapse.

Dude, thats bad karma

frankthetank1
10-16-2010, 10:53 AM
how could any steeler fan not root for the pats this week? its going to be tough to win the afc north this season.

SteelAbility
10-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Rooting for Baltimore here. I hate the Pats :twisted: more than any other team.

I think we were all rooting for Baltimore to beat the Pats in the 07 season. But that was when they were clearly out of it and 16*-0 was looming.

sentinel33
10-16-2010, 11:20 AM
so pappy, are you saying you dont watch the superbowl unless the steelers are in it?

Flasteel
10-16-2010, 11:24 AM
It's not a question of who you root for, it's all about which team do you root against the most.

I will be rooting against Baltimore more than I will against the Pats. I'm not going to sit there and shout "Go Tom Go!" or celebrate any good fortune that might fall New England's way. No matter which team loses this game, I will smile because of their pain. Any time that pain can accompany an edge in our divisional race - especially against our only competition - I take the edge. Advantage Baltimore.
:ratsuck
:Cheers
:tt2
:Boobs

sd steel
10-16-2010, 11:45 AM
[quote="sd steel":27y2nu93]Rooting for a tie with alot of career ending injuries on both sides, and for the stadium to collapse.

Dude, thats bad karma[/quote:27y2nu93]

I don't believe in Karma "Dude". :tt1

winwithd
10-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Either way, if we take care of our business the rest of the way I believe they could both win every game (except when they play us of course) and we are still OK. While I would normally root for whoever plays the Cheats, the Ravens are probably the only possible exception. I'd love to see Flacco lay an egg like he did against the Bungholes and Brady throw 3 picks. The look on his face after an INT or sack is priceless. Even if the Ravens win, I think we could lose another game, as long as it is not in the AFC North, and still win the division. A Ravens win keeps the pressure on and I think our guys play better under pressure, except maybe last year in Cleveland. They are champions, afterall.

Speaking of last year in Cleveland. I read an article (on here I think) saying that the Steelers did not gameplan for that bad weather. What the heck! Didn't they ever hear of the Weather Channel? Shouldn't Arians be able to adjust on the fly? He is a professional, right? Or does the offense have to practice certain plays all week in order to be able to run them in a game?

winwithd
10-16-2010, 12:04 PM
All that to say, I would be a little less upset to set the Cheats score a few more points tomorrow. It will make beating them a little sweeter if they have a better record. Beating the Ravens is always sweet no matter what their record.

Cheats 13 - Ratbirds 12, cause Flacco sucks and Brady's overrated.

RuthlessBurgher
10-16-2010, 01:36 PM
I'll be rooting against Baltimore (I won't be rooting for New England).

I'll be hoping for a Ravens loss (I won't be hoping for a Patriots win).

Although the results are the same either way, there is a subtle difference.

As FlaSteel noted, there will be no "Go Tom Go!" chants toward those cheating Asterisks, but I will be satisfied if Flacco chokes big time and costs his team the game, since that helps us out most in our first yearly goal of winning the AFC North division.

Essentially, there will be plenty of schadenfreude toward any Ratbird hardships in this game, but no sports bigamy going on with me cheering on another hated team.

No "Let's Go Pats" cheers but plenty of :ratsuck .

birtikidis
10-16-2010, 02:41 PM
so pappy, are you saying you dont watch the superbowl unless the steelers are in it?
I don't. Football season ends when the Steeler season ends.

ikestops85
10-16-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm kinda funny about it myself. When it's the regular season and the Steelers are playing then I watch Pro Football religiously -- Steeler games and non-Steeler games. Last Sunday, with the Steelers on a bye, I did some yard work during the afternoon and didn't start watching football until the late games. Now when it's a week that the Steelers play my arse is plopped in my recliner by 1:00 at the latest. It doesn't matter if the Steelers aren't playing until that night.

Same goes for the playoffs. If the Steelers are in the playoffs I won't miss watching any of the games but if they are eliminated I'll watch the playoffs when in front of a TV but I don't make it a point to watch.

I've never really thought about it until now.

papillon
10-16-2010, 05:49 PM

I won't say that I don't watch it, but I don't go out of my way to watch it either. If something better comes up that day I'll go and do that rather than watch the Super Bowl.

Pappy

Djfan
10-16-2010, 06:48 PM
The fishing and hunting is great on non-Steelers SuperBowl Sundays. Many people are not out in the field on that day.

BURGH86STEEL
10-16-2010, 07:15 PM
It's a win for the Steelers if the Ravens win.
A bigger win for the Steelers if the Patriots win.

I'll be pulling for the bigger win.

bostonsteeler
10-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Is it OK to wish for both teams to lose?

If not, how about a tie? Nyah, the ravens lose.

stlrz d
10-16-2010, 10:54 PM
It's a win for the Steelers if the Ravens win.
A bigger win for the Steelers if the Patriots win.

I'll be pulling for the bigger win.

This shouldn't even be a debate.

First goal of any team is to win their division. That's a guaranteed playoff spot. Any sane Steelers fan should want a Pats win tomorrow since it helps us in the division race.

Oviedo
10-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Let's go Patriots!!!!!!!!!

grotonsteel
10-17-2010, 01:05 PM
I have to root for Cheatroits....Yuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk kkk...

I am taking this one on chin for Steelers...

Oh BTW i hate Cheatroits...

NC Steeler Fan
10-17-2010, 02:33 PM

Yeah, it's bad karma...but I like the way you think! :lol:

NC Steeler Fan
10-17-2010, 02:36 PM

I won't say that I don't watch it, but I don't go out of my way to watch it either. If something better comes up that day I'll go and do that rather than watch the Super Bowl.

Pappy

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

I can clean house on a Saturday watching back to back replays of the same NFL Total Access show just to get caught up around the league. :lol:

DHSF
10-17-2010, 04:27 PM
A tie sounds good to me. Ravens loss would be good also.

stlrz d
10-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Rats lose!