PDA

View Full Version : Ines Sainz is returning to work

fordfixer
10-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Ines Sainz is returning to work, but not to NFL locker rooms
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-277054 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Ines-Sainz-is-returning-to-work-but-not-to-NFL-?urn=nfl-277054)
By Chris Chase

When Ines Sainz returns to work next week, she won't conduct her interviews in NFL locker rooms. The Mexican television reporter said Thursday that she'll hold her interviews with players on the field or sideline.

Sainz hasn't worked since she became the center of a national discussion on women in the locker room following an uncomfortable incident last month. While she was preparing to interview New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez(notes), some players made catcalls and an assistant coach engaged in some juvenile behavior by throwing footballs near her on the sideline.

Because of that, and the uproar that ensured, Sainz wants to stay away from the locker room. On Thursday at a news conference near Hollywood, she explained her decision:

"I'm not going into the locker rooms anymore. It's not a good place right now for me. I don't want to be in there."

I need to wait one month to work again because I don't want to be the focus. I'm not looking for that kind of publicity. It affects my career and development in the States."

Sainz's first assignment will be to interview Pittsburgh Steelers players next week. (Interesting choice, given that Ben Roethlisberger(notes) is returning from his own personal issues as well.) Following that, she will return to speak with the Jets, an event which will become a media event in itself.

hawaiiansteel
10-14-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm okay with that as long as she remains on the sidelines... :D

http://brentfavre.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/101008-ines-sainz11.jpghttp://www.sugarslam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/ines_sainz2.jpg

Chadman
10-15-2010, 12:25 AM
What a freakin' storm in a teacup.

Seriously- people got upset over a bit of childish behaviour?

Maybe instead of the players needing to behave differently, people should be more realistic about what to expect in life? If she walks into a change-room, dressed like that- Chadman is betting nearly all the population is going to be thinking "bet the guys are getting an eyeful" at the very least- let alone having remarks made about her or comments directed to her.

People are so hung up on 'political correctness' now that stupidity is protected, common sense lambasted, & human behaviour is corralled into these stereotypes that are nearly impossible for the entire community to conform too.

Whatever you do people- never act naturally. How many of you guys wouldn't be thinking about tapping that butt if she was in your change room?

AngryAsian
10-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Since I've seen her pictures during the 2006 World Cup.... I've been think about tapping that. :lol:

Steelers>NFL
10-15-2010, 08:12 AM
:Bow That and a cold glass of :Beer beer would kill me!!!!

steelblood
10-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Yeah, she has no culpability here. When she dresses like that, she isn't asking for attention. She simply wants to be treated like a respectable journalist with huge knockers and a b-donka-a-donk butt.

feltdizz
10-15-2010, 08:49 AM
What a freakin' storm in a teacup.

Seriously- people got upset over a bit of childish behaviour?

Maybe instead of the players needing to behave differently, people should be more realistic about what to expect in life? If she walks into a change-room, dressed like that- Chadman is betting nearly all the population is going to be thinking "bet the guys are getting an eyeful" at the very least- let alone having remarks made about her or comments directed to her.

People are so hung up on 'political correctness' now that stupidity is protected, common sense lambasted, & human behaviour is corralled into these stereotypes that are nearly impossible for the entire community to conform too.

Whatever you do people- never act naturally. How many of you guys wouldn't be thinking about tapping that butt if she was in your change room?

Her employer knows what sells. She knows what sells.. and it isn't her reporting skills.

She says she won't return to the locker and she needed a month off and now her first assignment is the Pttsburgh Steelers and Ben's return (there is a huge yinzercana population on the southside) :wink: ... and her next assignment is a talk with the Jets.

I wonder what the weather will be like in Pittsburgh and if she will dress like it's July.

ramblinjim
10-15-2010, 09:07 AM
If I remember the story, she's actually not the person that made a stink over the comments, it was someone else that brought it to everyone's attention.

All that being said, please keep posting her pictures. In the words of Christopher Walken "wowee wow wow" :Cheers

feltdizz
10-15-2010, 09:31 AM
If I remember the story, she's actually not the person that made a stink over the comments, it was someone else that brought it to everyone's attention.

All that being said, please keep posting her pictures. In the words of Christopher Walken "wowee wow wow" :Cheers

yeah she didn't make a stink but she didn't run from it either. We wouldn't be talking about her if she didn't twitter it up. Her body is slamming but the face is boo boo.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-17-2010, 06:10 PM
I was going to post a response, but after seeing the pictures of Ines, I don't remember what I was going to write.

Oh, well...