PDA

View Full Version : way to stand tall brett......

Starlifter
10-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Not. looks like an elbow will be the cause of Brett's first missed game in decades. seems a little suspicious on the timing. I guess he didn't want the streak to be broken on acount of pee pee pics. much better to have an 'injury'......

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... aUycaEacyU (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/104876009.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc :aUycaEacyU)

LordVile
10-13-2010, 07:06 PM
LMFAO. from what I understand he can't be suspended from the Vikings since the incidents where when he was with the Jets, I think they can only fine him but I'm not sure.

kiwi_sarah
10-13-2010, 07:27 PM
LMFAO. from what I understand he can't be suspended from the Vikings since the incidents where when he was with the Jets, I think they can only fine him but I'm not sure.

That can't be right can it? Tone still had to honor his suspension when we went to the Jets.

Crash
10-13-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't think the VIKINGS can suspend him but Goodell can.

But he won't.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-13-2010, 07:46 PM
SO, if he doesn't play his backup will be ...
Tavares Jackson?

http://t.album.youmix.co.uk/216744.jpg

3rd from the right. So named because he used to be one of the Jackson 5.

Starlifter
10-13-2010, 09:08 PM

But he won't.

oh he will, but the investigation will clearly take time. Roger will do his due diligence and announce a 4 game suspension starting next season......

Steelers>NFL
10-14-2010, 09:08 AM
There will be no suspension or anything. No reason for it.

Djfan
10-14-2010, 09:35 AM

But he won't.

oh he will, but the investigation will clearly take time. Roger will do his due diligence and announce a 4 game suspension starting next season......

I was thinking the same thing. This is how he retires. Get suspended, don't play, no suspension.

feltdizz
10-14-2010, 09:45 AM

But he won't.

I was thinking the same thing. This is how he retires. Get suspended, don't play, no suspension.

yep... I think if he "rest his elbow" he won't return...

what a shame... he could have went out on top (not a SB win but a very good season) at least 3 times and now he will leave with his d!ck in his hand and one of the worst seasons of his career.

Players always talk about making sure they left it all on the field and leaving at the right time. Favre milked it for all it was worth but the milk is now sour.

JTP53609
10-14-2010, 10:10 AM
i was one of the few that did not mind favre being undecided the last 3 years about playing or not, I actually liked the guy, I thought he was a good guy who just did not want to stop playing ball.
But now I think of him as a gigantic jerk, he has a gorgeous wife and he is PROBABLY running around on her sending pictures of his little friend on a cell phone and sending it to a lady that is 15 years younger then him. What a terrible person this guy is.
I guess all the talk of ben getting married should slow down becasue just cause your married does not mean you will settle down, right brett

steelblood
10-14-2010, 10:34 AM
i was one of the few that did not mind favre being undecided the last 3 years about playing or not, I actually liked the guy, I thought he was a good guy who just did not want to stop playing ball.
But now I think of him as a gigantic jerk, he has a gorgeous wife and he is PROBABLY running around on her sending pictures of his little friend on a cell phone and sending it to a lady that is 15 years younger then him. What a terrible person this guy is.
I guess all the talk of ben getting married should slow down becasue just cause your married does not mean you will settle down, right brett

I certainly hope Ben doesn't rush into marriage to help his image.

I agree that Farve is pathetic. He continues to try to pretend that he is this down-to-earth country boy, but he is clearly a prima donna. Perhaps he could go to Cincy next season and play with Ochocinco and TO.

proudpittsburgher
10-14-2010, 11:00 AM
I'll toot my own horn here . . . I said earlier in the season that I could see things starting out a disaster for the Vikings and Brett hanging his team out to dry by midseason. I didn't see him hiding behind an injury, but it makes sense. Takes a little of the heat off of him anyway, rather than him just selfishly taking his ball and going home, which is what he will essentually be doing. See ya Brett, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

stlrz d
10-14-2010, 01:29 PM

You could have left out "probably". Favre has been cheating on his wife for years. Everyone in Green Bay knows it.

proudpittsburgher
10-14-2010, 01:33 PM

You could have left out "probably". Favre has been cheating on his wife for years. Everyone in Green Bay knows it.

There are no "levels" of cheating, but somehow it feels worse knowing how she stood by him during his drug addition troubles, and the cancer she has been going through.

ikestops85
10-14-2010, 01:39 PM
As long as Favre's last career pass is an interception like it has been the 3 previous retirements I'll be happy.

I used to have tremendous respect for how this guy played the game and supported his team until the last 4 or 5 years. As for this incident, I don't think he should be suspended for it. Of course I didn't think Ben should have been suspended for his bad pub either.

stlrz d
10-14-2010, 01:47 PM

There are no "levels" of cheating, but somehow it feels worse knowing how she stood by him during his drug addition troubles, and the cancer she has been going through.

Of cour$e $he $tood by him when he wa$ dealing with addiction i$$ue$.

proudpittsburgher
10-14-2010, 01:50 PM
[quote=JTP53609]i was one of the few that did not mind favre being undecided the last 3 years about playing or not, I actually liked the guy, I thought he was a good guy who just did not want to stop playing ball.

Of cour$e $he $tood by him when he wa$ dealing with addiction i$$ue$.[/quote:2pwuh7j1]

OK, I thought about that too, should have included it in my post, but she could have filed for divorce. I have heard you can get quite a bit of money going that route. :)

stlrz d
10-14-2010, 01:53 PM
[quote=JTP53609]i was one of the few that did not mind favre being undecided the last 3 years about playing or not, I actually liked the guy, I thought he was a good guy who just did not want to stop playing ball.

Of cour$e $he $tood by him when he wa$ dealing with addiction i$$ue$.

OK, I thought about that too, should have included it in my post, but she could have filed for divorce. I have heard you can get quite a bit of money going that route. :)[/quote:1bwj8t8f]

True, but Favre ain't Woods. She makes much more by staying with him.

There's a lot of stuff about Brett that is very common knowledge in Green Bay but no one else knows.

My old sales manager used to tend bar part time at a place where Brett would hang out. This was at the time that he wasn't supposed to be drinking. To make sure Brett was able to "keep up appearances" they would empty a Pepsi can, rinse it out and fill it with Miller Lite. Looks like he's drinking Pepsi, but guess what?

feltdizz
10-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Football wives know the rules... I'm not saying it's right but these women aren't stupid. As long as it doesn't go public most wives are OK with it.

You don't think some of these wives aren't out there having fun with the money? Dwayne Wade's wife accused him of giving her a STD when she was the one who gave it to him. Had a love shack and everything. Speaking of shacks :wink: Shaq's wife was spending his money on another guy once she found out about his ways...

Maybe Favre keeps "un" retiring because he knows half of his money will be gone when he actually retires.