PDA

View Full Version : Another tough test for Pouncey...

Stewie
10-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Shaun Rogers.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Yes........

It is always tough to play against a guy who you think may be carrying a concealed handgun inside his padding.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Definately! He has been a "thorn" to Ben every time we play them even when we handle them easily. He always gets that cheap shot or hit after Ben would throw. Thing about Rodgers and it was the same in Detroit, when things aren't going right for him...He gets frustrated and isn't the same football player. Except the "shots" still come when he gets a chance.

ramblinjim
10-13-2010, 09:42 AM
He's a big dude, but our O-line held up alright against Baltimore and outside of perhaps the Jets I'm not sure who we'll run up against that can compare to those guys.

sentinel33
10-13-2010, 10:24 AM
pouncey should hold up well. He probably learned alot after going up against Ngata. I'm wondering if Legursky played well enough to keep the starting RG spot. I would say yes. I like Essex as the swing man anyway.

feltdizz
10-13-2010, 11:39 AM
pouncey should hold up well. He probably learned alot after going up against Ngata. I'm wondering if Legursky played well enough to keep the starting RG spot. I would say yes. I like Essex as the swing man anyway.

I thought Legursky was up against Ngata last game... either way the OL held up well against the Ravens. Too bad Charlie wasn't on or it would have been a different outcome.

Stewie
10-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Ngata mostly played opposite Kemo.

RuthlessBurgher
10-13-2010, 12:37 PM

Correct. And Haloti dominated. Ngata's 11 total tackles (8 solo) against up is absolutely sick for a 3-4 d-lineman.

ikestops85
10-13-2010, 12:53 PM

Correct. And Haloti dominated. Ngata's 11 total tackles (8 solo) against up is absolutely sick for a 3-4 d-lineman.

That was a sick performance. I have to think that guy is the best D-lineman in the league. Which is really hard to say about a Ratbird since
:ratsuck

RuthlessBurgher
10-13-2010, 01:08 PM

That was a sick performance. I have to think that guy is the best D-lineman in the league. Which is really hard to say about a Ratbird since

Yeah, I think he's the most dominating force on DL in the league. If I could pick one player to add to our defense, I'd be tempted by the likes of Darrelle Revis, Nnamdi Asomugha, Patrick Willis, and DeMarcus Ware, but I think I would ultimately pick Ngata.

Jigawatts
10-13-2010, 01:13 PM
If the TSA can stop Rogers, I'm confident Pouncey can as well.

phillyesq
10-13-2010, 01:21 PM

Yeah, I think he's the most dominating force on DL in the league. If I could pick one player to add to our defense, I'd be tempted by the likes of Darrelle Revis, Nnamdi Asomugha, Patrick Willis, and DeMarcus Ware, but I think I would ultimately pick Ngata.

Ngata is a complete monster. For me, if you could add only one player to the D, Revis is probably the only other player that would be in the discussion, and I think I'd still go with Ngata.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen somebody so big and so quick.