PDA

View Full Version : Amen!!!!!

Stewie
10-13-2010, 08:01 AM
86da man: Ed, you've been ignoring me, got a few for you. What do youthink of the steelers WR depth? I think we are short one, all the dominant teams have at least 3 playmakers at WR

Ed Bouchette: I'm not debating you on that statement, but I am skeptical that ALL of the dominant teams have 3. I've said all along that the Steelers need Emmanuel Sanders to move up on the depth chart to have another good deep threat because right now, Mike Wallace is the only one who really can do that consistently.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=59600

Oviedo
10-13-2010, 12:10 PM
I totally agree. Sanders needs to get on the field. Not sure how threy can make the gameday numbers work unless they deactivate Battle or ARE.

No way they deactivate Battle especially playing against Josh Cribbs. For whatever reason they want ARE's veteran presence. Only other way I see it is to deactivate a DB like Madison.

RuthlessBurgher
10-13-2010, 12:35 PM
On another thread, I got the impression that Tomlin was leaning toward dressing Sanders over Brown this week...so, ironically, we could have no Brown vs. the Browns...he was praising Sanders' return abilities if I recall correctly.

Oviedo
10-13-2010, 01:07 PM
On another thread, I got the impression that Tomlin was leaning toward dressing Sanders over Brown this week...so, ironically, we could have no Brown vs. the Browns...he was praising Sanders' return abilities if I recall correctly.

He said he was considering Sanders but no decisions was made. IMO from a return standpoint the advantage probably goes to Brown but from a receiver standpoint the advanatge is probably with Sanders.

Obviously through four games they have been more interested in getting the returner versus the receiver.

ikestops85
10-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Sanders is obviously a bust if he doesn't even dress for games. I guess we should call him Bustanders or maybe Sanbusters :stirpot :moon

Stewie
10-13-2010, 02:04 PM
I want both Brown and Sanders available for WR duty. Playing a team with Cribbs, obviously we're going to keep our ST folks (i.e. Battle). Ergo, who sits??? Obviously ARE. Let's do it.

phillyesq
10-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Unless Sanders has improved significantly in practices (which we have no way of knowing), I'd actually prefer Brown.

I like Brown better as a return guy, and I also think that he could be an effective weapon (or decoy) on a WR screen. I like the potential of Sanders better in the long term, but I wasn't impressed with what I saw from him in the preseason. If I recall, he ran a couple of poor/incorrect routes that led to picks. Hopefully he's improved and continued to learn, because I do like his long term potential - I just don't want to see too much of him before he's ready.

RuthlessBurgher
10-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Sanders is obviously a bust if he doesn't even dress for games. I guess we should call him Bustanders or maybe Sanbusters :stirpot :moon

Who ya gonna call?

Sanbusters.

:mrgreen:

NJ-STEELER
10-13-2010, 04:27 PM
when i see teams like the ravens (3 good wides) and vikes (moss and harvin) struggle passing vs. the jets, i worry about our match up with the jets later in the year and possibly the playoffs

good thing we gave them one of our game breakers for next to nothing

NJ-STEELER
10-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Unless Sanders has improved significantly in practices (which we have no way of knowing), I'd actually prefer Brown.

I like Brown better as a return guy, and I also think that he could be an effective weapon (or decoy) on a WR screen. I like the potential of Sanders better in the long term, but I wasn't impressed with what I saw from him in the preseason. If I recall, he ran a couple of poor/incorrect routes that led to picks. Hopefully he's improved and continued to learn, because I do like his long term potential - I just don't want to see too much of him before he's ready.

there was an article that brown was having trouble pickin up the playbook as well