PDA

View Full Version : man is "jaws" a douche

JTP53609
10-11-2010, 10:00 PM
along with the character known as "wake n bake". I am watching the game and jaworski says that he talked to holmes about the difference between playing with the jets and the steelers and he said that holmes said that the jets are much more disciplined in the passing game than the steelers.
Jaworski went on to say that the steelers play more of a playground style....
Hey Jaworski, how is that "playground" style working out, 2 super bowls in 5 years, and the jets have won what exactly????
it is also hillarious that the eagles have never won a super bowl too..

Starlifter
10-11-2010, 10:32 PM
yep, cause when you think of rex ryan - the first word that pops into your mind is discipline......

DukieBoy
10-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Jaws needs an oral douche, industrial strength.

Sugar
10-11-2010, 11:34 PM
If Holmes said that, how does that make Jaws a doosh? Because he reported it?

hawaiiansteel
10-12-2010, 12:27 AM

Holmes is the douche, as much as I love his potential and athletic ability the Steelers had to draw the line somewhere.

http://www.clubhousecancer.com/WindowsLiveWriter/SantonioWeedMonster.jpg

Discipline of Steel
10-12-2010, 12:52 AM

No, Jaws is a douche all on his own in the style of Joe Theismann. Sickening in their praise of young QBs and quick to crucify those defenders who they think are too violent.

hawaiiansteel
10-12-2010, 12:59 AM
Jaws is a Polish douche... :lol:

Matt Millen Calls Ron Jaworski 'Polack'

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/160448/thumbs/s-MATT-MILLEN-RON-JAWORSKI-POLACK-large.jpg

During a lull in the proceedings, Millen, the former general manager of the Detroit Lions, was engaged in an on-air conversation with Monday Night Football analyst Ron Jaworski.

For some reason, the two got into a conversation about fried bologna sandwiches, at which point Millen said, ''Ask any Polack from Buffalo how they like them, right Jaws."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/2 ... 51324.html (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/25/matt-millen-calls-ron-jaw_n_551324.html)

MaxAMillion
10-12-2010, 01:05 AM
You have misconstrued what Jaws said. He said he spoke to Holmes and Holmes said the difference between the offenses was that everything with the Jets offense was precise while with the Steelers a lot of the passing offense was based on Ben improvising (which is correct). Everyone has seen Ben hold the ball time and time again and then create on the run. Clearly Sanchez does not do any of that. It was not a slight on the Steelers.

Chachi
10-12-2010, 07:12 AM
I, too, fail to see the douche part in this example.

Scarletfire1970
10-12-2010, 07:50 AM
I, too, fail to see the douche part in this example.
I think the douche part was in reference to Jaws saying the Steelers run a playground style offense. Jaws threw in that part, not Holmes.

steelblood
10-12-2010, 07:53 AM
I think the poster believes that when Jaws refers to our offense as a "playground" style offense as opposed to a more "precise" one, Jaws is dissing the design and designer of our offense. I think the word "playground" could certainly have negative connotations especially in relation to precise (organized, calculated, etc.).

I don't think Holmes meant anything bad. I think he was just being honest. I do think Jaws doesn't like the fact that Ben doesn't play QB like a robot. He has always preferred the technician type QBs. He loved Carson Palmer (until recently).

I hate Jaws and his Columbia School of Broadcasting delivery, but, imho, this really isn't that big of a deal. I don't think he meant it as a slight to Big Ben.

Scarletfire1970
10-12-2010, 07:56 AM
I don't think Jaws ever liked Ben. He never had anything good to say about him or the Steelers.

feltdizz
10-12-2010, 08:15 AM
we all applaud Ben's "sandlot" style of play... but when someone else says it it's a diss?

We do have a "playground" passing attack with Ben "at times" which I think we all can admit... and it works well.

Faneca also said something similar in regards to pass blocking for Ben and not knowing where he was at half the time...

Why do people give a damn what commentators say during prime time games anyway... they always praise the 2 teams on the field regardless of the facts.

sentinel33
10-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Yeah. commentators annoy the begeezus out of me. When I sit down to watch a Steelers game i leave the volume up until someone says something so stupid i have to put it on mute for the rest of the game. There have been few games where i have left the volume on for the duration of the game.
While our passing attack can resemble surgical precision, Ben's play usually gives it a blend of sorts. People can say what they want about Ben and his QB play. He's one of a kind and alot of fun to watch. more than every QB except a few. Ben can do backyard and he can do front office. I reccomend the mute button when stuff starts to flow out of peoples mouths. I dont have a problem with what Holmes said or what jaworski said. it's there opinion. We have won 2 Superbowls in the past 5 years. The data speaks for its self.

phillyesq
10-12-2010, 12:14 PM
You have misconstrued what Jaws said. He said he spoke to Holmes and Holmes said the difference between the offenses was that everything with the Jets offense was precise while with the Steelers a lot of the passing offense was based on Ben improvising (which is correct). Everyone has seen Ben hold the ball time and time again and then create on the run. Clearly Sanchez does not do any of that. It was not a slight on the Steelers.

This was how I read it. One offense was based on timing, one based on reaction and, at times, improvisation. I didn't take it as a slight towards the Steelers, and I think it is a pretty accurate description.

AngryAsian
10-12-2010, 12:18 PM

This was how I read it. One offense was based on timing, one based on reaction and, at times, improvisation. I didn't take it as a slight towards the Steelers, and I think it is a pretty accurate description.

When the term "sandlot" is used, it would make me fall to the same conclusion.

RuthlessBurgher
10-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Weren't these same commentators slobbering over the sandlot/playground style of Favre and Moss in this game? Why are these terms somehow considered to be praise of Favre and Moss but disrespect toward Ben? Does not compute...

flippy
10-12-2010, 01:44 PM
I agree Jaws is a douche.

Not because of this. Just because that's what he is.

I mean, tell me something unique about Randy Moss other than "I watched every play of Randy Moss this year."

Seriously, every time I hear Jaws, he watches every single play of every single player. C'Mon, there's not enough hours in the day.

feltdizz
10-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I agree Jaws is a douche.

Not because of this. Just because that's what he is.

I mean, tell me something unique about Randy Moss other than "I watched every play of Randy Moss this year."

Seriously, every time I hear Jaws, he watches every single play of every single player. C'Mon, there's not enough hours in the day.

I like Jaws... he gives accurate descriptions of players IMO. I don't think he watches EVERY play or EVERY player...

A play only takes 4 to 6 seconds... not hard to do when it's your job and someone else splices the film for you.

grotonsteel
10-12-2010, 02:39 PM

:D

True...

skyhawk
10-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Holmes is right. The Steelers have never had a well timed passing offense with Ben. I don't find that's Ben's fault though.

I have always thought that Steelers receivers have always had trouble with timed routes and creating separation. Add to that fact that Ben really wants the sure thing (completion) because he is do darned competitive, he is less likely to drill into coverage, and hold onto the ball until the receiver can get open "sandlot" style. This is not to say that Ben can't throw the timing patterns and zip it in there, he can when it's there.

It's what makes Ben a great QB.

NJ-STEELER
10-12-2010, 05:00 PM
the dooshier thing said last night was by steve yooung after the game

skyhawk
10-12-2010, 06:12 PM

What did he say?

redundantman
10-12-2010, 06:35 PM

Look gentlemen, please ...

The important thing is not the how and why of his douchiness. It is in the degree of his douchebaggery which is undeniably significant.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XU9x8G7khv0/SmU_x-u6h_I/AAAAAAAAHcU/1r6vy6MsSfA/s400/douchebag2dq2.jpg
What a douchebag might look like.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
10-12-2010, 07:24 PM
JAWS is a douche, did anyone else catch him saying and I paraphrase here...

"That was majestic timing by Sanchez"...

Gruden then chirps...
"gimme a break, he spots isolation on 21 and hits his receiver nothing majestic about it"

Just shut him up completely, it must be uncomfortable for him in that booth sometimes.

JTP53609
10-12-2010, 09:36 PM
I usually could care less about announcers, but the reason why I posted this was because jaworski is that one announcer that I just do not like. And yea it is partly because of my love for the stillers and his obvious unlove of them. I have never heard him say something good about us and to call our offense "playground" just added fuel....

If Dick Enberg, Don Crique or Gus Johnson said it, I could care, but I just dont like jaws and I love when Gruden jumps on him any chance he gets.

Scarletfire1970
10-12-2010, 09:55 PM

What did he say?
He said anyone can QB the Steelers, it doesn't matter who they have. It had to do with him saying Baltimore was the best team as long as they have Flacco. They beat the Steelers at home. And someone said, well the Steelers were without their starting QB. That's when Young said it doesn't matter who plays QB for the Steelers, anyone can play QB for the Steelers.

JTP53609
10-12-2010, 10:24 PM

What did he say?
He said anyone can QB the Steelers, it doesn't matter who they have. It had to do with him saying Baltimore was the best team as long as they have Flacco. They beat the Steelers at home. And someone said, well the Steelers were without their starting QB. That's when Young said it doesn't matter who plays QB for the Steelers, anyone can play QB for the Steelers.

yea espn is full of jags.....you got steve young who also washed up and used up tampon and he does the post game show with stuart scott and thank gosh michael irvin and emmit smith are off there when they were on it was a comedy of stupidity...

grotonsteel
10-12-2010, 11:11 PM

What did he say?

Steve Young had way too many concussion and now we are seeing the effects of it.

grotonsteel
10-12-2010, 11:12 PM

What did he say?

yea espn is full of jags.....you got steve young who also washed up and used up tampon and he does the post game show with stuart scott and thank gosh michael irvin and emmit smith are off there when they were on it was a comedy of stupidity...

ESPN = National Enquirer