PDA

View Full Version : Last two drives by the Ravens

jj28west
10-10-2010, 08:09 PM
I tried to read through the threads but does anyone know what defense we played? I know about the bite on the double move by BMAC with Troy blitzing but did we truly go with a prevent? Its hard to tell on TV and getting emotionally caught up in wanting to have the Steelers just win.

The way the rules are for the offense these days you have to be happy for a defense to give up only 17 or less points (allbeit untimely) from week to week. Add the fact the D caused 2 turnovers and you really cant complain.

Its just that the Ravens made it look relatively easy going down the field at Pittsburgh on those two drives. Just curious if we showed a basic look which would make more sense. I cant remember if we did any blitzing (crossfire, cornerback, etc) to try to confuse Flacco and he simply was unphased.

I know I should let it go and get over it and give credit to Bmore for better execution, coaching, etc but it bothers me that we couldnt kill those drives effectively and let them move the ball so well. Maybe they simply contained Harrison & Woodley?

stlrz d
10-10-2010, 08:12 PM
We were playing a soft zone.

People call it a prevent but it wasn't. A true prevent is totally different.

jj28west
10-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Ok Thanks,

We can then say that (for what its worth) that this look was a little different then what were previously showing? Correct? I watched the game but as soon as Mendy scored I just kept on hoping for a stop and was not paying attention to the alignment.

Maybe it was conceeded we were not getting the pressure so that is why we were not as aggressive at the end.

hawaiiansteel
10-10-2010, 10:09 PM
We were playing a soft zone.

People call it a prevent but it wasn't. A true prevent is totally different.

we played a soft zone that prevented us from winning... :P