PDA

View Full Version : I don't know how Cleveland fans do it...

papillon
10-10-2010, 06:44 PM
You have to have the patience of Job to be a fan...Week 5 and already looking to the 2011 draft, sad. Everything being said is true, but I wouldn't be able to watch football if year after year after year I'm waiting for the draft in week 5.

7moses7

Until we get consistant QB play it will be tough to win on Sunday's.A francise QB with a brain,arm,athletic ability is needed in a big way.Looking towards draft day 2011.

Pappy

kiwi_sarah
10-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Drugs or a drinking problem would help.

papillon
10-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Drugs or a drinking problem would help.

Necessity would be more accurate. :P :Cheers

Pappy

DukieBoy
10-10-2010, 07:03 PM
A bonfire on the river with a six of 40's and a couple fat boys, and your good to go on for another day.

jj28west
10-10-2010, 07:15 PM
A bonfire on the river with a six of 40's and a couple fat boys, and your good to go on for another day.

lol

buckeyehoppy
10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Oh joy! What's best is that I get to live amongst what constitutes "Browns Nation".

All of what you folks are saying is true, with a bagga chips thrown in.

Clowns games are, mostly, an excuse for what passes for their "fans" to self medicate and play with their cornholes. Clearly, they are not supporting a football team because Cleveland hasn't had one of those since the latter part of the 80s, at best.

Always keep in mind that Cleveland is the Bermuda Triangle of professional sports.

:brownssuck

DukieBoy
10-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Actually, I wish that old rivalry was still strong so we could trash them twice a year and watch the fall from higher expectations and hopes.

On the other hand, I had a great salad in their airport last week waiting for my flight.

Djfan
10-10-2010, 07:56 PM
You would think that with all their high draft pick experience that they would be experts by now.

Crash
10-10-2010, 08:08 PM
God Bless Butch Davis for passing on Ben.

Look at us the previous 6 seasons before Ben.

We were headed down a path of age, no reliable QB, and Cowher Ball.

kiwi_sarah
10-10-2010, 09:11 PM

Honey, you're drooling....wipe your mouth.

papillon
10-10-2010, 09:16 PM

It was never as bad as it is in Cleveland and the "new" Browns have been on this path since 1999. Each off season they talk about hope for the upcoming season and by the quarter pole they're talking about the draft. Plus they don't have any SBs, at least, when the Steelers were having down years the fans can still say they have SBs. What does Cleveland say?

Pappy

JTP53609
10-10-2010, 09:28 PM
lets not get all cocky here now, they are not a terrible team, i hope delhomme starts.

msp26505
10-10-2010, 09:29 PM
You would think that with all their high draft pick experience that they would be experts by now.

It must be like being a pirates "fan" without the annoying success of the other professional sports franchises in town.

hawaiiansteel
10-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Q: What do you call 53 people sitting around a TV watching the Super Bowl?
A: The Cleveland Browns.

Q: How do you keep a Cleveland Brown out of your yard?
A: Put up goal posts.

Q: Where do you go in Cleveland in case of a tornado?
A: Browns Stadium - they never have a touchdown there .

Q: What do you call a Cleveland Brown with a Super Bowl ring?
A: A thief.

Q: Why doesn’t Columbus have a professional football team?
A: Because then Cleveland would want one.

Q: What’s the difference between the Cleveland Brown & a dollar bill?
A: You can get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q: What do the Cleveland Browns and possums have in common?
A: Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!

Q: How many Cleveland Browns does it take to win a Super Bowl?
A: Nobody knows and we may never find out.

Q: What do the Cleveland Browns and Billy Graham have in common?
A: They both can make 70,000 people stand up and yell “Jesus Christ”.

Sugar
10-10-2010, 11:27 PM
After this weekend, my contention stands that the OSU Buckeyes are the best pro football team in Ohio. Just sayin... :lol:

hawaiiansteel
10-11-2010, 12:17 AM
After this weekend, my contention stands that the OSU Buckeyes are the best pro football team in Ohio. Just sayin... :lol:

Northeastern University decided last year to drop its football program after 74 seasons. Sadly, the Cleveland Browns have decided to keep theirs...

pepsyman1
10-11-2010, 01:10 AM
lets not get all cocky here now, they are not a terrible team, i hope delhomme starts.

Exactly right...DON"T get too cocky. We all had pretty much the same opinion last year and then played that debacle. I hope we crush them this year to make up for it, but never discount anyone in this league. The moment you do is when you become the big upset special for a week on ESPN

AngryAsian
10-11-2010, 03:33 AM

Exactly right...DON"T get too cocky. We all had pretty much the same opinion last year and then played that debacle. I hope we crush them this year to make up for it, but never discount anyone in this league. The moment you do is when you become the big upset special for a week on ESPN

I hope our coverage on ST can contain Cribbs. I hate this guy.

papillon
10-11-2010, 06:54 AM

I don't think anyone is overlooking the game. I started the thread because at this early juncture of the season Brown's fans are basically looking forward to the draft. I have no idea what will happen Sunday afternoon when they play the Steelers. Win or lose, they will still be looking to the draft.

It would take a great fan to continue to tolerate the teams they put on the field, regardless of whether the Steelers beat them or not.

Pappy

Sugar
10-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Was it just last year or the year before that the Cleveland fans had that "intervention" or whatever to get Lerner to meet with them and hear their concerns?

proudpittsburgher
10-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Actually, I am under the opinon that the browns are a lot better than people think this season. I still think the Steelers are going to whoop em, but they are better than people think. And maybe I have a soft spot for them being a Pirates fan myself.

papillon
10-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Actually, I am under the opinon that the browns are a lot better than people think this season. I still think the Steelers are going to whoop em, but they are better than people think. And maybe I have a soft spot for them being a Pirates fan myself.

You, me and the three other Pirate fans should have a draft party to see who we draft this year? :P

Pappy

buckeyehoppy
10-11-2010, 03:15 PM

It was never as bad as it is in Cleveland and the "new" Browns have been on this path since 1999. Each off season they talk about hope for the upcoming season and by the quarter pole they're talking about the draft. Plus they don't have any SBs, at least, when the Steelers were having down years the fans can still say they have SBs. What does Cleveland say?

Pappy

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14044 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14044)

http://buckeyehoppysportspage.blogspot. ... l?spref=fb (http://buckeyehoppysportspage.blogspot.com/2010/10/what-if-browns-were-forced-to-stay-in.html?spref=fb)

Just wanted to direct some traffic to a couple things I've laid down today. That first link is in our "Around The NFL" portion of the MB.

The other is mostly a response I delivered to a friend on FaceBroke about the Clowns and what if everything had been handled differently by the league, the City of Cleveland and by Art Modell concerning Cleveland's loss of the real Browns in 1995. It became a post in my largely underutilized blog.

Pappy, I think you'd appreciate the blog post because it partially addresses what you've said here. Clowns fans like to point to the "Championships" they won when the NFL was really the National Sandlot Football and Beer League back in the '40s and '50s. The reality is that I'm 45 years old and they haven't won dookie in a long freaking time.

There are only two teams who were present during the AFL/NFL merger who have not qualified for at least one Super Bowl. One is the Detroit Lions. The other is the Cleveland Clowns. The law of averages suggests that both should have at least qualified for one by this point, but it hasn't happened for either. That is pathetic by any objective measure. OTOH, one team (the Lions) has a fan base (apathetic, at best) that is commensurate with their effort while the other team (the Clowns) has a fan base (spirited would be a fair word) that is, by far, in excess of the product the team puts onto the field.

The Clowns, in a perfect world, would be structured in a league similar to the English Premiere League in soccer. In that league, if you finish in the bottom 15% (the last 3 places) of the 20 team league, you are relegated to a subdivision that is more commensurate with your abilities as a team while the best three team from the subdivision take the place of the relegated teams. For the Clowns, if they were in such a league they wouldn't have been a "premiere" team for most of the time they've been back in the league since 1999.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
10-11-2010, 03:53 PM
How to brown fans do it? Two words

Cleveland Steamer

http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/284628_main.jpg