PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre Witch Hunt

Discipline of Steel
10-10-2010, 11:22 AM
I know Goodell is behind the NFL's 'aggressive investigation' of Brett Favre's sexting activity. Talking heads on ESPN were discussing how Favre could face punishment under the personal conduct policy in the form of suspension and how his reputation will be tarnished. Really?? Tarnished??? Favre's entire body of work gets an * because he sent sext messages?

First of all, I sent a sext message yesterday and dont believe its against the law. Not that thats important... Second, I realize Favre is married, but that would be his personal business, honestly. Third, there is no pattern of poor conduct, just divaism.

Goodell is now conducting his second prosecution of a player for having values outside of his personal code of morals. Why isnt Goodell making more of a stand on bozos like Albert Haynesworth who is not providing the services he was contracted for?

Chavezz
10-10-2010, 11:45 AM
I think Goodell has to do something with the Favre thing. Not because what Favre did is PUNISHABLE in my eyes but because he's insinuated himself in everything that NFL players do. The thing that Goodell always talks about is if the incident tarnishes the shield. Well, how does this not fall into that category?

It's just that the policy seems so inconsistently applied. I think he'll do something to Favre but it won't be until the investigation is over, which will be right after the Vikings are done for the year. See any coincidences there...

I don't see Goodell sticking around very long, especially is there is a lockout or a strike. He'll be known as the guy that killed the golden goose. And if it does go down like that, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

steelernation77
10-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Uh Favre sent unsolicited pictures of his penis to a team employee. Start sending pictures of your wang around the office and see how long you last there.

feltdizz
10-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Uh Favre sent unsolicited pictures of his penis to a team employee. Start sending pictures of your wang around the office and see how long you last there.

exactly. The rumor of Ben pulling his Wang out in his own house was used against him so why shouldn't this get attention or fall under the personal conduct clause?

My issue is how little attention this is getting by te national media. If Tiger or Ben did this it would be a breaking news.

I cannot stand the Favritism. The guy is going to be the Roger Clemens of the NFL. Great career tarnished by his refusal to go away.

stlrz d
10-10-2010, 03:16 PM
I think what Favre did is between himself, his wife and the women (yes there is apparently more than one) involved.

But I can't help but laugh thinking his consecutive starts streak might come to an end because he sent texts of his pee pee to someone!

Btw, this *does* fit a pattern of behavior for Favre...he's been a womanizer for a long time. There are plenty of bars in WI that have banned him for life because of his behavior towards females (both customers and employees).

NJ-STEELER
10-10-2010, 03:20 PM
I think what Favre did is between himself, his wife and the women (yes there is apparently more than one) involved.

But I can't help but laugh thinking his consecutive starts streak might come to an end because he sent texts of his pee pee to someone!

Btw, this *does* fit a pattern of behavior for Favre...he's been a womanizer for a long time. There are plenty of bars in WI that have banned him for life because of his behavior towards females (both customers and employees).

nonsense

that just big ben :wink:

hawaiiansteel
10-10-2010, 03:30 PM
can't say I blame Brett...maybe he just wanted to do a Wranglers jeans commercial with her? :D

http://www.anysearchinfo.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Jenn-Sterger-Playboy.jpg

Chachi
10-10-2010, 03:35 PM

This.

stlrz d
10-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Brett Favre: real. uncomfortable. texts.

Jooser
10-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Brett Favre: real. uncomfortable. texts.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice

Relentless7
10-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Brett Favre will DEFINITELY be suspended.

He's white.

:stirpot

BradshawsHairdresser
10-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Got a kick out of what one message board poster wrote about this:
"Looks like Moss isn't the only one that's Randy..."

Ozey74
10-10-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't think what Favre did was cool. But I think it's less cool that his old team brings these skeleton's to the surface the week before they play each other. That is dirty.

I think this was calculated my Rex "Tater Salad" Ryan.

feltdizz
10-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't think what Favre did was cool. But I think it's less cool that his old team brings these skeleton's to the surface the week before they play each other. That is dirty.

I think this was calculated my Rex "Tater Salad" Ryan.

calculated like Favre's retirement with the Jets

kiwi_sarah
10-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Really? I'm the only person here who wants to know the contents of the sext DOS sent yesterday?

This whole thing seems like a whole lot of BS over nothing to me.....but.... I'm not a good barometer for general society. I will say though, this kinda thing is terribly common (and having seen Favre's junk, I really mean terribly) especially for chicks that spend a lot of time online - with the rise of camera phones, it's going to happen more and more often in the "real world".

I haven't seen any reference anywhere to responses by the chick - is it her position that she NEVER replied to him at all? THAT part is weird - guys don't usually send the "goods" without some kind of provocation (not that it takes much).

Discipline of Steel
10-10-2010, 09:24 PM
I haven't seen any reference anywhere to responses by the chick - is it her position that she NEVER replied to him at all? THAT part is weird - guys don't usually send the "goods" without some kind of provocation (not that it takes much).

The fact that he had her phone number means she wanted him to communicate with her. This puts the issue in a very grey area. Now if Favre snuck into the office at night and got her number from a computer...then the next day surprised her with a picture of his 'junk'...then i might start thinking about him with an *.

hawaiiansteel
10-10-2010, 10:19 PM
my curiosity got the better of me so I tried to download some of Brett Favre's pics.

but it kept loading and quitting, loading and quitting, loading and quitting...

SidSmythe
10-10-2010, 10:26 PM
I think out of respect to Favre, every person in the NFL who's done this same thing should write Goodell a confession. he'd have to suspend half the league.

Crash
10-10-2010, 10:41 PM
No no....from what I read the Jets PR guy gave Favre her number.

kiwi_sarah
10-10-2010, 10:47 PM
my curiosity got the better of me so I tried to download some of Brett Favre's pics.

but it kept loading and quitting, loading and quitting, loading and quitting...

lmao, cute.

stlrz d
10-10-2010, 10:48 PM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/brett-favre-wangler-jeans.jpg

hawaiiansteel
10-11-2010, 12:10 AM
that husband is either lying or should have consulted a different attorney because they could still sue Brett Favre...

Favre faces more allegations from his New York Jets days

Posted by Mike Florio on October 8, 2010

Earlier tonight, our friends Adam Schein and Chris Carlin of SNY's Loudmouths asked me whether the NFL will discipline Vikings quarterback Brett Favre in the wake of the new evidence indicating that Favre possibly exposed a former Jets in-house sideline reporter to unwanted advances and/or inappropriate photos via text message. I told them that, even though the NFL has now acknowledged that it's looking into the situation, the absence of any evidence of a pattern of misconduct likely would preclude discipline under the league's Personal Conduct Policy.

So much for the absence of a pattern.

Deadspin's exposure of Favre's alleged exposure apparently has prompted one of the Jets' former massage therapists to come forward with an account of Favre pursuing two massage therapists -- and eventually sending them "nasty" text messages.

The husband of one of the women took offense, and supposedly dialed the number from which Favre sent the text messages. "I called him on his phone and told him I wanted an apology," the man told A.J. Daulerio of Deadspin. "He acted all arrogant. He refused to apologize."

The couple claims they contacted a lawyer regarding a potential sexual harassment case, but they were told that, because the women are contractors and not employees, they could not pursue the matter. (Maybe they should have talked to a better lawyer; the specific status a person holds in a workplace doesn't provide immunity from the sexual harassment laws. Otherwise, everyone would hire contractors and the business world would be Sterling Cooper Draper Whoremonger all over again.)

The couple also claims that the text messages have been saved, and that they have not yet decided whether to go public.

If they do, the NFL will have no choice but to expand the investigation to include these new contentions.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... york-days/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/08/favre-faces-more-allegations-from-his-new-york-days/)

Oviedo
10-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Favre gets 6 games right? Isn't that how Goodell does justice for accusations (actual proof here) of anything to do with sex?

feltdizz
10-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Favre gets 6 games right? Isn't that how Goodell does justice for accusations (actual proof here) of anything to do with sex?
Only one white QB per year can get the Goodell suspension... :stirpot

I thought I would add my own corny joke to even things out with the annoying request for 6 games that comes up everytime a player makes the news.

phillyesq
10-11-2010, 09:01 AM

If, in fact, favre sent unsolicited pictures of his junk to team employees (or contractors), Goodell needs to suspend him, not only because of the personal conduct policy, but to protect the NFL from liability for a sexual harassment suit based on a hostile work environment.

aggiebones
10-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Yes, he got her phone number from someone else not her.
They were employees of the Jets. Like one poster said, "Start sending pics of your wang around the office and see what happens."

As Brettdiculous as it is, they'll slap him on the wrist since they aren't trying to correct any long term problem for the future. He's done after this year. They'll move papers around until the season ends and he'll retire.

You can pull and tug on this issue all you want, but it will not really bloom. He'll give the Commish a private assurance of not coming back. Still she could sue him in civil court and get a nice settlement assuming she hasn't already in the last couple days.

ramblinjim
10-11-2010, 09:17 AM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/brett-favre-wangler-jeans.jpg

:Clap awesome....too funny.

feltdizz
10-11-2010, 09:35 AM
They were employees of the Jets. Like one poster said, "Start sending pics of your wang around the office and see what happens."

As Brettdiculous as it is, they'll slap him on the wrist since they aren't trying to correct any long term problem for the future. He's done after this year. They'll move papers around until the season ends and he'll retire.

You can pull and tug on this issue all you want, but it will not really bloom. He'll give the Commish a private assurance of not coming back. Still she could sue him in civil court and get a nice settlement assuming she hasn't already in the last couple days.

Favre's ego is out of control. Athletes really are dumb jocks... Tweets of illegal activities, photo's with drugs in the background, voice mails of Tiger saying "It's Tiger" ...like anyone else in the world is named Tiger.

...and Favre sends a digital d!ck. Goodbye and good riddance Favre.. you went from a legend to a train wreck.

This is the reason Favre never wanted to retire... I bet his wife has known for years and will leave the day he stops playing football. I always thought it was weird how he kept saying he needed to talk to his family and they kept telling him to play... I wouldn't be surprised if his wife was like the old QB's wife in Any Given Sunday.. slapping him anytime he says the word retirement.

kiwi_sarah
10-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Athletes really are dumb jocks...

Generalize much?

Ghost
10-11-2010, 03:18 PM

I see what you did there....

stlrz d
10-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Dong on your phone, dong on your phone, lookin' like a fool with your dong on your phone!

Chavezz
10-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Dong on your phone, dong on your phone, lookin' like a fool with your dong on your phone!
LMAO

Starlifter
10-11-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm sure goodell will man up and suspend brett favre............

next year.