PDA

View Full Version : Place to watch a Steelers Game in Detroit?

RussBII
10-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Hey all,

Through some crazy mixed up horribly convoluted series of events, I will be in Detroit the day of the Stains game. Anyone know of a good bar to hit in Detroit, or nearby for a Steelers game? Eh?

-Russ

Crash
10-08-2010, 02:03 PM
HockeyTown Bar

or

http://www.oldshillelagh.com

RuthlessBurgher
10-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Is Cheli's Chili still open, or did they have to close down after that murder thing a few years ago?

If I recall correctly, Cheli's is between the Hockeytown Cafe and Comerica Park and Ford Field.

proudpittsburgher
10-08-2010, 03:08 PM
I dunno. I went up to the Steelers/lions game last season, and there were more Steelers fans there than Lions fans, and it wasn't even close. So my answer would be Ford Field. :)

feltdizz
10-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Is Cheli's Chili still open, or did they have to close down after that murder thing a few years ago?

If I recall correctly, Cheli's is between the Hockeytown Cafe and Comerica Park and Ford Field.

murder thing? 8)

RuthlessBurgher
10-08-2010, 04:12 PM

murder thing? 8)

Yeah, I believe a former employee came back and stabbed the restaurant manager and one of the cooks to death a few years ago. I remember Chris Chelios having to testify during the trial back when he still played for the Wings.

RussBII
10-08-2010, 04:17 PM

murder thing? 8)

Yeah, I believe a former employee came back and stabbed the restaurant manager and one of the cooks to death a few years ago. I remember Chris Chelios having to testify during the trial back when he still played for the Wings.

Ok, so not there... check.

flippy
10-08-2010, 04:24 PM
As far outside of Detroit as possible.

SteelCrazy
10-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Cobo Joe's Sports Bar & Grill.......... 422 West Congress St. Detroit, MI 48226-3168

The Well............ 1288 Randolph St Detroit, MI 48226-2247

buckeyehoppy
10-10-2010, 07:52 PM

murder thing? 8)

Ok, so not there... check.

The Cheli's Chili website still seems to be alive and well, so I wouldn't necessarily say that you should scratch that off the list. Been a few years since I've been in D-Town. But Cheli's and Hockeytown are both winners, so I'd bet you can't go wrong with either one. Not as familiar with the spots that SC referred to. But those spots are right downtown as well. Cobo Joe's looks like it would have potential on game day.

What might be a better question is what part of town will you be in when the game is on? This link might be helpful:
http://www.sportstavern.com/michigan/detroit.html

Let us know how you make out, RussB.