PDA

View Full Version : Just Shaddup already hater Hines.

Captain Lemming
10-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Look at this quote from Hines filled with seething hate for Ben:

“He’s a franchise quarterback, and it’s great having him back, seeing him out there smiling and running around with the guys,” wide receiver Hines Ward said. “I was talking to him on the way in and asked him how it feels to be back. He said it was like his first day of school. He was the first one here today. He couldn’t wait to get out there with the guys. (it is obvious Ben resents Ward).

Ward continues:
“I’m glad to have him back. He definitely makes us a better club with us having him out there on the field. We’re 3-1 without him, but to get to where we want to go, we have to have him out there.”

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sport ... to-go.html (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2010/october/05/roethlisberger-appears-ready-to-go.html)

Hines needs to just shut his trap and play ball.
It it weren't for Hines divisive comments this team lead by Ben would have won at least one maybe two Superbowls .

We will never win one until the ever selfish Hines stops hating on Ben like this.

Crash
10-06-2010, 06:19 PM
He said the suspension was justified. That tells me he thinks Ben is guilty.

Anything else he says after that is nothing but PR.

Flasteel
10-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Look at this quote from Hines filled with seething hate for Ben:

“He’s a franchise quarterback, and it’s great having him back, seeing him out there smiling and running around with the guys,” wide receiver Hines Ward said. “I was talking to him on the way in and asked him how it feels to be back. He said it was like his first day of school. He was the first one here today. He couldn’t wait to get out there with the guys. (it is obvious Ben resents Ward).

Ward continues:
“I’m glad to have him back. He definitely makes us a better club with us having him out there on the field. We’re 3-1 without him, but to get to where we want to go, we have to have him out there.”

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sport ... to-go.html (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2010/october/05/roethlisberger-appears-ready-to-go.html)

I thought the exact same thing when I read the quotes. I don't understand how Ward can continue to be such a douchetastic hater. Roethlisberger isn't the one who's divorced here...I think we all know who that might be.

"Whines Hard" needs to just STFU and fetch Ben his water.

:tt2

SteelCrazy
10-06-2010, 06:28 PM
That's nice and all, but Hines did have to throw in a smartass comment when he said, "It'll take him the 2 weeks to get in rhythm with us because now he is throwing to professionals, not high school kids."

Captain Lemming
10-06-2010, 06:31 PM

Ridiculous!
By that standard, Rooney must think Ben is guilty too.

Crash
10-06-2010, 06:31 PM

That's about right.

Just like Chuck Noll told his WRs they needed to buddy buddy up to Bradshaw, so Stallworth began getting him doughnuts and coffee in the morning.

Captain Lemming
10-06-2010, 06:33 PM

:tt2

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SteelCrazy
10-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Hines can say whatever he likes, as long as he continues to produce and make the tough catches. Ben put himself in this situation and he'll win over Hines, if he wants to....if not, I'm sure he doesn't care what Hines says....

Also, I'd say Ben is saying a lot these days, just for the good PR, why not Hines?

Crash
10-06-2010, 06:46 PM

Ridiculous!

Wrong. AJR II stated to the public that their investigation determined that Ben didn't commit the crime that he was accused of.

Captain Lemming
10-06-2010, 06:48 PM

That's about right.

Just like Chuck Noll told his WRs they needed to buddy buddy up to Bradshaw, so Stallworth began getting him doughnuts and coffee in the morning.

It is after all the "natural hierarchy".
Hines needs to "know his place."

Johnny Stallworth is from "the old south" so he understood. Uppity Swann didn't, and Hines is from the south but is too young to know his place. :mrgreen:

Ben is so young he doesn't know how its supposed to be and doesn't enforce that time honored confederate south standard.

Ben thinks of his teammates as "peers". :lol:

Scarletfire1970
10-06-2010, 06:52 PM

Ridiculous!

Wrong. AJR II stated to the public that their investigation determined that Ben didn't commit the crime that he was accused of.Then why the suspension?

Crash
10-06-2010, 06:57 PM

Ridiculous!

Wrong. AJR II stated to the public that their investigation determined that Ben didn't commit the crime that he was accused of.Then why the suspension?

The Steelers wanted to "scare him straight". They also wanted to do it themselves and Goodell wouldn't let them.

Two games for being stupid by the Rooney's is one thing. Goodell doing it and then letting everyone else is a joke.

Captain Lemming
10-06-2010, 07:00 PM

Ridiculous!

Wrong. AJR II stated to the public that their investigation determined that Ben didn't commit the crime that he was accused of.
"I" don't think Rooney thinks Ben is guilty.
I said that by the standard "you set" for Hines Rooney must think Ben is guilty.
Rooney expressed support for the suspension. Actually more emphatically than Hines did. You just said that means the person thinks Ben is guilty.
My point is that your assertion is wrong. Period.

Heck Goodall set the suspension, and never implied he believed Ben was guilty.

In view of those facts, your assertion about Hines is ridiculous.

Scarletfire1970
10-06-2010, 07:26 PM

Ridiculous!

The Steelers wanted to "scare him straight". They also wanted to do it themselves and Goodell wouldn't let them.

Two games for being stupid by the Rooney's is one thing. Goodell doing it and then letting everyone else is a joke.
How do you know this that Goodell wouldn't let them? Everyone else is saying they think it was the Rooney's idea but they couldn't issue the punishment so Goodell did it for them.

Anyway, maybe that is what Hines meant by it was deserved. Surely he doesn't think Ben is a rapist.

Captain Lemming
10-06-2010, 07:30 PM

Ridiculous!

Goodall cannot stop Rooney it he wanted to do that.
It that is the case Rooney could have done just what you said.
No need to ask, can I please discipline a player.
The league encourages that initiative.

Goodall could extend it anyway if he wanted to.
THEN you might have a case.

The only possible reason for Rooney to consult with Goodell is that he wanted a serious suspension with teeth.

If Rooney does what Goodall did the union could fight it and win.

Perhaps Rooney did not know what Goodell would decide, but it seems quite clear that they met and mutually agreed to let Goodell do the deed to make it stick.

Captain Lemming
10-06-2010, 07:48 PM
How do you know this that Goodell wouldn't let them? Everyone else is saying they think it was the Rooney's idea but they couldn't issue the punishment so Goodell did it for them.

Anyway, maybe that is what Hines meant by it was deserved. Surely he doesn't think Ben is a rapist.

Correct indeed.
The Goodall wouldn't let Rooney do it thing is just silly.

The predicament Crash is in is that as Steeler fans we don't want to hate on the Rooneys too much (he does otter modest criticism, but not hate).

It is so funny how he makes stuff up to lessen the blame but outside of Goodell himself Rooney is the biggest force on earth that contributed to the choice to suspend Ben.

Crash
10-06-2010, 08:01 PM
The PG reported that the Steelers wanted to handle Ben's punishment themselves.

Goodell refused.

Crash
10-06-2010, 08:03 PM

Not if the Rooney's told Ben if you fight this you are gone.

Did you even read what Rooney said? I doubt it.

Read up.

Captain Lemming
10-06-2010, 08:06 PM

Goodell refused.

I do no believe he can do that. You don't have to ask the commissioner if he will let you suspend a player. They said they were "willing" to suspend Ben, but left it up to the commish. That was Rooney's choice.

Quote otherwise?

Captain Lemming
10-06-2010, 08:13 PM

Not if the Rooney's told Ben if you fight this you are gone.

Did you even read what Rooney said? I doubt it.

Read up.

I've read it and ya know what?
Never said 2 games like you imply.
Did say in no uncertain terms he supported the commissioners decision.

hawaiiansteel
10-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Hines does talk too much but I'll miss him when he's gone... :Steel

Crash
10-06-2010, 09:21 PM

That was AFTER. But you need to read what II said BEFORE.

IMO based on what II said, after what Ben's people said, they were willing to accept 4 down to two games and the Steelers agreed with it.

But Goodell made it about HIMSELF, and made it 4-6.

BURGH86STEEL
10-06-2010, 09:32 PM

That was AFTER. But you need to read what II said BEFORE.

IMO based on what II said, after what Ben's people said, they were willing to accept 4 down to two games and the Steelers agreed with it.

But Goodell made it about HIMSELF, and made it 4-6.

The Steelers brand has a reputation. Ben messed with the Steeler brand by his actions. Ben also pissed off a lot of women. Notice how they honor breast cancer? That's no coincidence. The NFL wants to keep women involved in the sport. The NFL takes that stuff very seriously. If you can connect the dots you will understand the points I just made.

Hines is not out to get Ben. Goodell was not out to get Ben. It did appear that Ben was out to get Ben because he put himself in those situations. Ben was suspended for reasons you can't seem to understand. It's over and done with, move on.

Crash
10-06-2010, 10:30 PM
The only people who are pissed off are OLD women, bingo playing bluehaired women who don't take the time to read this crap.

Don't tell me about their "reputation". Batch was signed SIX MONTHS AFTER he was accused of a gang rape and kept on the roster over THREE FULL SEASONS before his case was resolved in September 2005.

The NFL wants their money. What's that new wardrobe the NFL is hyping? Flirt gear? Isn't flirting with DTF after she followed him from bar to bar part of the reason Ben was suspended? But go ahead ladies, buy our new "Flirt Gear" and line our pockets.

hawaiiansteel
10-06-2010, 10:45 PM
The NFL wants their money. What's that new wardrobe the NFL is hyping? Flirt gear? Isn't flirting with DTF after she followed him from bar to bar part of the reason Ben was suspended? But go ahead ladies, buy our new "Flirt Gear" and line our pockets.

ya gotta love women in animal print t-shirts...

http://shop.gearupforsports.com/media/thumbnail/id/89623/width/270

sd steel
10-06-2010, 11:17 PM

Ridiculous!

If he didn't really do anything wrong why did the Steelers want to "scare him straight"?

Scare him straight of what?? Not being falsely accused of sexual assault?

Crash
10-06-2010, 11:27 PM
To stop being stupid. To stop looking for one night hookups.

They gave him a pass after Reno, they had to do it after Georgia.

The Rooney's should have suspended him, and I think he would have gotten two games max.

But 4-6 from Adolph Goodell is a joke.

Captain Lemming
10-06-2010, 11:57 PM

The Rooney's should have suspended him, and I think he would have gotten two games max.

Churchill: “Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?”

Socialite: “My goodness, Mr. Churchill… Well, I suppose… we would have to discuss terms, of course…”

Churchill: “Would you sleep with me for five pounds?”

Socialite: “Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!”

Churchill: “Madam, we’ve already established that. Now we are haggling about the price.”

Dude, once you acknowledge Ben should have been suspended you cannot demonize Goodall for doing it for a mere 2 games longer that you as a biased Steeler fan would like.

If you feel the Rooneys who have a vested interest in Ben playing should have given him two games, I don't see a basis for your indignation when Goodell gave him 4.

Similar to what Churchill said, either way the argument isn't over the suspension, based on your word it is warranted. The only issue is just how long.

Crash
10-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Dude, once you acknowledge Ben should have been suspended you cannot demonize Goodall for doing it for a mere 2 games longer that you as a biased Steeler fan would like.

When others are getting ZERO? Absolutely Goodell was wrong then.

Tell the whole story son.

People said that Ben was suspended by Goodell because of Ben's "status" in the league.

OK, fine, if you believe that.

Well you let me know when Jerry Jones is banned from his precious football team.

feltdizz
10-07-2010, 09:46 AM

where you there for any of this?

If I can't talk about a game I didn't see how can you talk about all these incidents you didn't witness? :stirpot

just sayin'

flippy
10-07-2010, 09:51 AM

Goodell refused.

I don't buy this as anything other than Steelers PR. The PG is bought and paid for by the Steelers.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that the Rooneys didn't want to appear the bad guys in Pittsburgh so they had Goodell do their dirty work. So Goodell's the bad guy and the Rooney's save face with their fans.

This is a business for the Rooney's. They maximize revenue if they're the good guys. Goodell being the bad guy has no impact on their revenue.

feltdizz
10-07-2010, 10:09 AM

Goodell refused.

I don't buy this as anything other than Steelers PR. The PG is bought and paid for by the Steelers.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that the Rooneys didn't want to appear the bad guys in Pittsburgh so they had Goodell do their dirty work. So Goodell's the bad guy and the Rooney's save face with their fans.

This is a business for the Rooney's. They maximize revenue if they're the good guys. Goodell being the bad guy has no impact on their revenue.

we are 3-1. The team has bonded and Ben seems to be in shape and ready to role.

If the suspension was a real problem Ben would have fought it. He didn't. He knows he is on thin ice. I'm thankful he gets it... I'm pretty sure Ben feels much better now then he did a few months before this happened.

While he didn't have a worry in the world (besides the Reno flap)... I'm sure reconnecting with his family and friends is a good thing. Sometimes it takes an incident like this, even though he wasn't charged, to bring a guy back to earth. I'm not saying Ben was destined for something bad... but if it wasn't this chick I'm sure it would have been another one and she may have been sober enough to make something stick.

The hoze are out there.... watching and waiting for a guy like Ben to slip up and I think he was a willing candidate.

grotonsteel
10-07-2010, 10:11 AM
All i have to say is Screw Goodell.......he loves keeping bed warm for Kraft....

Goodell has no moral right to be the commish after making stupid decisions one after the other...starting with cheating scandal...flag football...Ben punishment...letting thugs go unpunished...

I won't be surprised if this guy fixes few NFL games...

feltdizz
10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
All i have to say is Screw Goodell.......he loves keeping bed warm for Kraft....

Goodell has no moral right to be the commish after making stupid decisions one after the other...starting with cheating scandal...flag football...Ben punishment...letting thugs go unpunished...

:wft

There are more than enough Goodell bashing hijacking going on...

what does trading Moss have to do with Goodell? The Pat's bought low and sold high...

Steelers>NFL
10-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Here we go again. Hines is a a$$ and Ben is God thread... SSDD!

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2010, 10:54 AM

That's about right.

I thought that story originated form the fact that Bradshaw was playing the two WR's against each other by hanging out with one more than the other, so the other would then kiss up to him. Didn't Rocky tell that story in one of the America's games?

Crash
10-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Stallworth was upset about lack of passes. Noll told him it was John's "place" to warm up to Bradshaw and earn his trust. So he started getting him coffee and doughnuts. He wanted his WRs to treat their QB like QBs "treat" their offensive line.

That's just the way it is.

Crash
10-07-2010, 11:14 AM

If I can't talk about a game I didn't see how can you talk about all these incidents you didn't witness? :stirpot

just sayin'

And like I told you. Go read what II said before the suspension, and go read what he said AFTER it.

They had no idea the amount of games until Goodell announced it. They got Leftwich in part because they felt the suspension could be MUCH LONGER than what he got.

Dixon was going to be the starter for 4 or less games. If it was longer it was going to be Leftwich. But Dixon basically played his way out of the Derby at Mini-camp, so Leftwich was the plan going into Latrobe.

steelblood
10-07-2010, 11:43 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

grotonsteel
10-07-2010, 11:58 AM

what does trading Moss have to do with Goodell? The Pat's bought low and sold high...

Where did you get that i am bashing Goodell for Moss trade..i don't give a damn if Cheatroits trade Moss for a 3rd Rd or a 1st Rd player...

feltdizz
10-07-2010, 12:08 PM

Where did you get that i am bashing Goodell for Moss trade..i don't give a damn if Cheatroits trade Moss for a 3rd Rd or a 1st Rd player...

My apologies... I thought I was in the Pat's thread. :oops:

grotonsteel
10-07-2010, 12:10 PM

My apologies... I thought I was in the Pat's thread. :oops:

No probz.....

feltdizz
10-07-2010, 12:13 PM

just sayin'

And like I told you. Go read what II said before the suspension, and go read what he said AFTER it.

They had no idea the amount of games until Goodell announced it. They got Leftwich in part because they felt the suspension could be MUCH LONGER than what he got.

Dixon was going to be the starter for 4 or less games. If it was longer it was going to be Leftwich. But Dixon basically played his way out of the Derby at Mini-camp, so Leftwich was the plan going into Latrobe.

you weren't in the meetings... you are speculating based on the outcome of events.

you don't have any inside information... you shouldn't even speak on this since you weren't in the room when they were discussing their plans. :stirpot

Crash
10-07-2010, 01:45 PM
you don't have any inside information

You keep believing that.

:stirpot

stlrz d
10-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Why do people complain about Crash and then purposely start threads to engage him in what they supposedly hate?

Flasteel
10-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Why do people complain about Crash and then purposely start threads to engage him in what they supposedly hate?

Having a good time at Crash's expense doesn't mean anyone is complaining about or hating on him. I think Crash is a very knowledgable and passionate Steelers fan who brings a lot to the board. I think he says crazy **** sometimes, and gets caught up in a lot of kooky conspiracies, but I for one, find it very entertaining. I enjoy messing with him and mean no disrespect.
:Boobs

Captain Lemming
10-08-2010, 12:24 AM

Having a good time at Crash's expense doesn't mean anyone is complaining about or hating on him. I think Crash is a very knowledgable and passionate Steelers fan who brings a lot to the board. I think he says crazy **** sometimes, and gets caught up in a lot of kooky conspiracies, but I for one, find it very entertaining. I enjoy messing with him and mean no disrespect.

I started this thread and Fla you described exactly why I did it.

I dont complain about Crash, I enjoy debating him immensely. I am glad he is here.
My name "Captain Lemming" is in honor of Crash who constantly called me a Kool Aid drinking Lemming at the Trib site. :lol:

I also agree that Crash is among the most knowledgeable fans on this board.
I gave him props telling him that very thing a couple of weeks ago.
I just think he comes to bizarre conclusions sometimes.

When Hines gives us a quote like this, showing how wrong he is, how can I pass up the chance to :stirpot