PDA

View Full Version : The Pats game just got a little easier.

Stewie
10-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Belicheat traded Moss to MN.

JTP53609
10-06-2010, 08:46 AM

yea and I look at it as the cowboys now have another team to worry about!!!

but what truly stinks is that the pats now have 2 picks in each round from 1-4.....how is this possible for them every year it seems, they always seem to have multiple first round picks or second round picks each year..well except the year they CHEATED

Mister Pittsburgh
10-06-2010, 08:51 AM

but what truly stinks is that the pats now have 2 picks in each round from 1-4.....how is this possible for them every year it seems, they always seem to have multiple first round picks or second round picks each year..well except the year they CHEATED

Because they actually trade high caliber players. We don't. We cut our Joey Porters instead of trading them.

JAR
10-06-2010, 09:00 AM
So the cheat gets Moss for a 4th rounder and trades him years later for a 3rd rounder?

Steelers>NFL
10-06-2010, 09:01 AM

Because they actually trade high caliber players. We don't. We cut our Joey Porters instead of trading them.
Exactly! They are very good in this regard. Can not say they cheated on these smart moves when they trade vets for draft picks. Wish Steelers would do more of this.

stlrz d
10-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see some of those draft picks ending up in San Diego in exchange for Vincent Jackson.

stlrz d
10-06-2010, 09:03 AM
So the cheat gets Moss for a 4th rounder and trades him years later for a 3rd rounder?

If you can find someone desperate enough.

Btw, I think it's funny that Porter's name comes up in this thread. Moss' value is much greater than Porter's. I seem to remember a lot of "good riddance" type posts...and now all of a sudden it's "why didn't we trade him like the Pats did Moss". Sheesh....

JTP53609
10-06-2010, 09:05 AM
well in our defense, we kept joey porter for the entire season, he did not ask for a trade, we could not trade him at the end of the year, it would have had to happen in the middle of the year and we wont do that.....
they are unreal though, they trade a fourth rounder to get him and 3 years later get a 3rd rounder for him, in the middle he only breaks the nfl record for touchdowns in a season.

JAR
10-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Rumor has it, Moss and Belicheat got into it. Moss can't stand the fact that the Pats have a new threat in Hernandez.... It looks like Moss re-metastasized.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Are you guys serious with the "they got him for a fourth and traded him years later for a third" talk?

These were two completely different players.

When he was traded out of Oakland he was a washed up malcontent who nobody wanted. I remember the trib board littered with "I wouldn't want him at any price" type threads.

He has since reignited his career, set offensive records, won a SB, and proved his very high value. At this point I'm sure that many here would take him for a third rounder but there is no way that he would be traded to a contender within the AFC.

And as for the Porter comparisons, Porter was more like the Oakland Moss than the NE Moss in terms of value when he left. We may have been able to trade him to the Dolphins who obviously wanted him, but don't think that we would have gotten more than a fifth or so for him.

And finally.....Randy Moss is a top five receiver in this league without a doubt. He was traded to a team that is about as desperate as any team could be for a WR - begged Favre out of retirement, every receiver around him gets hurt and they are off to a 1-2 start and were already rebuffed in their attempt to get VJax. With a gun to their head, and facing one of the league's shrewdest personnel men, they gave up a third. Does everyone feel a bit better now about us giving away Santonio for a fifth? Certainly puts the value into perspective.

feltdizz
10-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Are you guys serious with the "they got him for a fourth and traded him years later for a third" talk?

When he was traded out of Oakland he was a washed up malcontent who nobody wanted. I remember the trib board littered with "I wouldn't want him at any price" type threads.

He has since reignited his career, set offensive records, won a SB, and proved his very high value. At this point I'm sure that many here would take him for a third rounder but there is no way that he would be traded to a contender within the AFC.

And as for the Porter comparisons, Porter was more like the Oakland Moss than the NE Moss in terms of value when he left. We may have been able to trade him to the Dolphins who obviously wanted him, but don't think that we would have gotten more than a fifth or so for him.

And finally.....Randy Moss is a top five receiver in this league without a doubt. He was traded to a team that is about as desperate as any team could be for a WR - begged Favre out of retirement, every receiver around him gets hurt and they are off to a 1-2 start and were already rebuffed in their attempt to get VJax. With a gun to their head, and facing one of the league's shrewdest personnel men, they gave up a third. Does everyone feel a bit better now about us giving away Santonio for a fifth? Certainly puts the value into perspective.

:Agree

JAR
10-06-2010, 10:09 AM

Moss doesn't have a SB ring.....

JTP53609
10-06-2010, 10:10 AM

Easy, he GOT to a super bowl, but they choked....

grotonsteel
10-06-2010, 10:10 AM
I am happy Cheatroits traded Moss...they don't have a WR who can stretch the field now...Life for Wes Walker just became difficult.

But i don't think Pats game got easier for Steelers...Pats passing game is a kryptonite for Steelers Defense.

JTP53609
10-06-2010, 10:13 AM
I am happy Cheatroits traded Moss...they don't have a WR who can stretch the field now...Life for Wes Walker just became difficult.

But i don't think Pats game got easier for Steelers...Pats passing game is a kryptonite for Steelers Defense.

kryptonite also comes in the form of last minute defensive/offensive/special team collapses.... :stirpot

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see some of those draft picks ending up in San Diego in exchange for Vincent Jackson.

And possibly to Carolina for DeAngelo Williams. Williams is in the last year of his deal and the Panthers may not be able to afford long-term extensions for both him and The Daily Show. Plus, since the Panthers suck out loud, they could use as many prime draft picks they can get to start rebuilding. After the Pats traded Maroney, lost Faulk for the season, and Fred Taylor is gimpy as usual, they only really have The Law Firm, Danny Woodhead, and Sammy Morris. They would look awfully good with a true stud RB like DeAngelo.

Stewie
10-06-2010, 10:24 AM

Short passes outside are certainly the way to attack the LeBeau D with corners playing off. But the corners can press a little more without having to worry about a 4.2-.3 sure handed WR like Moss.

AngryAsian
10-06-2010, 10:48 AM

Short passes outside are certainly the way to attack the LeBeau D with corners playing off. But the corners can press a little more without having to worry about a 4.2-.3 sure handed WR like Moss.

BINGO!!! You both hit it on the head. LeBeau's D can handle the deep ball, its the down and out short yardage routes be the WRs, the delayed jump into the LB tier of the defense by the TEs and the dump off passes out in the flat to the RBs that kill our defense.... and unfortunately the Cheatriots* have these various weapons in excess: Hernandez, Gronkowski, Tate, Welker, Edleman, Woodhead... except Welker, you have a bunch of no-names that have been prospering huge from the offensive plays orchestrated by their Pro-Bowl QB.

The Cheatriot game has by no means gotten easier... probably got harder, because now there isn't a distracting element in their locker room.

flippy
10-06-2010, 11:52 AM
If there's no deep threat and the Steelers can defend a smaller field, that plays to our advantage. Dink and dunk away and eventually we'll get pressure and cause a mistake on 3rd downs.

But more importantly, we need our offense to start contributing. Get leads. And stay aggressive and run up the score making our opponents 1 dimensional on Offense and help the D out a little.

ramblinjim
10-06-2010, 01:23 PM

kryptonite also comes in the form of last minute defensive/offensive/special team collapses.... :stirpot

which would simply be fixed the minute Lebeau retires and we switch to a 4/3 :stirpot

rpmpit
10-06-2010, 02:44 PM

BINGO!!! You both hit it on the head. LeBeau's D can handle the deep ball, its the down and out short yardage routes be the WRs, the delayed jump into the LB tier of the defense by the TEs and the dump off passes out in the flat to the RBs that kill our defense.... and unfortunately the Cheatriots* have these various weapons in excess: Hernandez, Gronkowski, Tate, Welker, Edleman, Woodhead... except Welker, you have a bunch of no-names that have been prospering huge from the offensive plays orchestrated by their Pro-Bowl QB.

The Cheatriot game has by no means gotten easier... probably got harder, because now there isn't a distracting element in their locker room.

I don't know. I think Brady's Justin Bieber hair is pretty distracting...

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/Tom-Brady-balding-cc.JPG

grotonsteel
10-06-2010, 03:19 PM

:D

The reason Brady did not cut hair because his wife told him to do so....we now know who wears pants in his house.... :twisted:

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2010, 03:23 PM

The reason Brady did not cut hair because his wife told him to do so....we now know who wears hot pants in his house.... :twisted:

http://www.modelsblog.info/content/2009/03/gisele_bundchen22222.jpg

hawaiiansteel
10-06-2010, 04:03 PM

the Cheatriots received a 3rd rounder and some new video equipment for Moss...

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/02/27/1204125198_2118.jpg

feltdizz
10-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Losing Faulk hurts the Pats much more than losing Moss.

grotonsteel
10-07-2010, 10:16 AM

the Cheatriots received a 3rd rounder and some new video equipment for Moss...

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/02/27/1204125198_2118.jpg

grotonsteel
10-07-2010, 10:16 AM

The reason Brady did not cut hair because his wife told him to do so....we now know who wears hot pants in his house.... :twisted:

http://www.modelsblog.info/content/2009/03/gisele_bundchen22222.jpg

So true...she is hot... :mrgreen:

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2010, 03:13 PM
One interesting sidebar of this trade is the timing...right as Minnesota is coming out of its bye and right as New England is going into its bye. So Moss was expecting to get some rest this week along with his teammates in New England, but instead will be working frantically trying to develop a rapport with his new teammates in Minnesota.

No bye week this year for Moss...unless injury strikes, he'll be playing a 17 game regular season this year. That certainly helps fantasy owners who drafted Moss....they'll be able to have their #1 WR in their lineups all season without having to worry about replacing him during the bye week.

rpmpit
10-07-2010, 03:32 PM
One interesting sidebar of this trade is the timing...right as Minnesota is coming out of its bye and right as New England is going into its bye. So Moss was expecting to get some rest this week along with his teammates in New England, but instead will be working frantically trying to develop a rapport with his new teammates in Minnesota.

No bye week this year for Moss...unless injury strikes, he'll be playing a 17 game regular season this year. That certainly helps fantasy owners who drafted Moss....they'll be able to have their #1 WR in their lineups all season without having to worry about replacing him during the bye week.

I think Randy had his bye week this past Monday night against the Phins.