10-06-2010, 12:16 AM
I hope he slips all the way to us....

http://thenationalfootballreport.com/?p=754 :tt1

steelblood
10-06-2010, 07:24 AM
In the 2nd round. :wink:

Oviedo
10-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Mike is terrible Center. He can't do a shotgun snap if his life depended on it. I have no idea why Meyer moved him from Guard unless they had no other options at Center which I find unlikely given the talent Florida has stockpiled.

He could slip to even Round 3 if he keeps playing like he has. Maybe that is the plan so he increases the chances of joining his brother :stirpot

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Mike playing C is causing his stock to slip. Just the negative pub he is getting. However, he could flat out play. If he was still at G, his name wouldn't be mentioned. They would have him highlighted on TV when they do the starting line-up and you would hear his name again when the process began. I'm hoping he grades out late 2nd-3rd and he falls to pick 32 of the 2nd. :wink:

JTP53609
10-06-2010, 08:49 AM
he sucks at snapping the ball for shotgun so his stock is slipping, gitty up for us...

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2010, 10:21 AM
I think it is funny that they put "NFL Comparison-TBD"

To Be Determined? Seriously? Considering that there is an NFL player with the exact same genetic makeup as him, I'd guess that his twin brother would be reasonable comparison.

:Steel :Steel

steelerkeylargo
10-06-2010, 10:53 AM
I think it is funny that they put "NFL Comparison-TBD"

To Be Determined? Seriously? Considering that there is an NFL player with the exact same genetic makeup as him, I'd guess that his twin brother would be reasonable comparison.

:Steel :Steel

Well I think they just are waiting...if you look at the other player profiles they are all TBD...I would guess they would do them all later in the year. I dont think there is any way he slips past 2nd round, the guy will be an all-pro guard, just cant play center.

papillon
10-06-2010, 11:43 AM
I doubt he falls very far into the second round if that far. NFL scouts and front offices are only learning that he won't be a center in the NFL; I'm pretty sure they realize he can play guard. Maybe, a late first (based on last year's performance) or early second, someone will take a flyer on him, regardless of how he performs as a center.

Pappy

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Stop squashing my hopes Pap! :wink: I also looks like a weak OG class early so that doesn't help. You are correct in saying his 2009 play warrants a late 1st-early 2nd round grade.

grotonsteel
10-06-2010, 12:30 PM
He would really need a monster combine performance to be considered late Rd-1 or early Rd-2 prospect. I think he should be available in Rd-3 if continues to struggle at Center position. I doubt any team wants to burn 2nd Rd prospect on a project OG.

I am really hoping Baldwin of Pitt falls to Steelers at 32 though. He is off to slow start thanks to Pitt QB.

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2010, 01:27 PM
He would really need a monster combine performance to be considered late Rd-1 or early Rd-2 prospect. I think he should be available in Rd-3 if continues to struggle at Center position. I doubt any team wants to burn 2nd Rd prospect on a project OG.

I am really hoping Baldwin of Pitt falls to Steelers at 32 though. He is off to slow start thanks to Pitt QB.

Even if Pouncey shows that he is only a legit guard at the next level and not a legit center like his brother, he is still the top guard prospect in the next draft. And the top guard prospect typically gets taken late in the first or early in the second. Look at where the first guard was taken in every draft dating back to Alan Faneca...

2010 Mike Iupati (17)
2009 Eric Wood (28)...also regarded as a center prospect, but he has only played guard in his two seasons in the league so far (10 starts last year at RG before breaking his leg, and another 4 start at RG so far this season). The top pure guard, Andy Levitre, was taken with the 51st pick by the same team that took Wood earlier, Buffalo, and he has 20 starts so far at LG. Apparently, Sean Kugler is good at getting rookie interior lineman ready to start right off the bat in the NFL.
2008 Chilo Rachal (39)
2007 Ben Grubbs (29)
2006 Davin Joseph (23)
2005 Logan Mankins (32)
2004 Chris Snee (34)
2003 Eric Steinbach (33)
2002 Kendall Simmons (30)
2001 Steve Hutchinson (17)
2000 Travis Claridge (37)
1999 Luke Petitgout (19)
1998 Alan Faneca (26)