PDA

View Full Version : Owners getting set for no NFL Season in 2011?? ESPN.com

SidSmythe
10-05-2010, 08:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5652700

I will say this now. Any holdout by the players whatsoever, i don't care who's to blame, I will be done with the NFL for good.

I'll just watch college football on Saturdays (preferably Div. III) and free up my Sundays

BURGH86STEEL
10-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I believe there will be a lock out.

Sugar
10-05-2010, 09:25 PM
While I usually hate Labor Unions with hot burning passion, I do see the players side for the most part. If there isn't an agreement reached, right now I'd blame the owners.

That said, I do agree with the owners regarding a possible rookie salary cap though.

BURGH86STEEL
10-05-2010, 09:38 PM
While I usually hate Labor Unions with hot burning passion, I do see the players side for the most part. If there isn't an agreement reached, right now I'd blame the owners.

That said, I do agree with the owners regarding a possible rookie salary cap though.

It appears the owners are the people that want to bring about unpopular changes to the system that is in place.

I believe there needs to be a rookie salary structure in place. Rookies won't need agents if there is a rookie salary structure in place. Agents have to be cringing at the possibility.

steelblood
10-06-2010, 07:31 AM
They need to start making concessions now. If both sides went to the table with a slightly open mind. This could be ironed out in a week. There is plenty of money for everyone. Greed. Greed. Greed.