PDA

View Full Version : It's almost here!

D Rock
10-05-2010, 12:02 AM
What better way to put a tough loss to the Ravens behind us than to welcome in the start of another Penguins hockey season?!

So what are we looking at for the opening night lines right now?

Dupuis-Crosby-Kunitz
Malkin-Comrie-Tangradi
Cooke-Talbot-Kennedy
Asham-Adams-Rupp

I haven't seen any projections yet...what do you all think will happen?

Relentless7
10-05-2010, 02:16 PM
I couldn't agree more. That's the only thing that has made this week even slightly bearable is the countdown to the Pens.

I'm anxious to see how the two new D do in black and gold. Also anxious to get a look at our Power play which, even with Gonchar, underperformed badly last year.

I have NO doubt in my mind that Geno will be back to his old self this season putting up the numbers we are accustomed to. I think he had a slew of nagging injuries last year and he was just "drained" out on the ice.

Also think it's important for MAF to take a step forward this season. I'm not one of the guys that heaps all the blame on a goalie for any loss, but I think with his salary cap hit he needs to be better than average or slightly above average.

I'm not sure I completely buy into the "short off season will be good for us" camp. I would have kinda preferred to make another deep run in the playoffs last year... BUT that didn't work out so now I hope the "time off will do them well" people are right.

All in all I can't wait for the puck to drop in the new arena and think we can make another push for the Cup.

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2010, 04:30 PM
OPENING NIGHT BAY-BEE!!!

While I won't be there personally (except in front of my T.V., of course), I will be at the CONSOL Energy Center's first official game in spirit, after buying a couple of pieces of the Mario Mosiac with a picture of my father and myself with the Stanley Cup, and another of my son with his first hockey gear (playing goal in Grandma's kitchen) when he was 4 years old (he's 9 now).

Anyway, here were the line pairings during today's morning skate:

The Penguins' lines at the morning skate were:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Tangradi-Comrie-Malkin
Cooke-Letestu-Kennedy
Rupp-Adams-Talbot-Godard (the four rotated)

Orpik-Michalek
Lovejoy-Martin
Goligoski-Engelland

Fleury and Johnson were in the net.

Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma gave a couple of injury updates at his media conference:

"Arron Asham after further examination, he wanted him to play and we were hoping he'd play, he was placed on IR."

"Kris (Letang) is under the weather. He is a game-time decision."

Jigawatts
10-08-2010, 01:01 PM
I will be at the CONSOL Energy Center's first official game in spirit, after buying a couple of pieces of the Mario Mosiac with a picture of my father and myself with the Stanley Cup, and another of my son with his first hockey gear (playing goal in Grandma's kitchen) when he was 4 years old (he's 9 now).

I really wanted to send in a picture, but I didn't have any of myself with my wife/kids
in any "hockey situations." Thought it would be weird sending in a picture of us on the
tea cup ride or sitting on the Easter Bunnys lap.