PDA

View Full Version : Flacco had 256 yards!!!

feltdizz
10-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Something about that isn't right. He looked like Tom Brady on that last drive and it only took 4 plays and 36 seconds to march down the field on us.

I'm not blaming the D because they played pretty good but that last series was disgusting.
I'm definitely not a fan of blitzing Troy with a QB like Flacco back there... let Troy play center field and play the ball.

Crash
10-04-2010, 02:12 PM
You play prevent? You don't win.

phillyesq
10-04-2010, 02:31 PM

Generally a fair criticism, but from what I recall, the D brought pressure, including Troy. I think they would have been much better served with Troy in centerfield on that last pass.

aggiebones
10-04-2010, 03:23 PM
When in prevent you don't normally give up a TD over the top.

Starlifter
10-04-2010, 03:44 PM
When in prevent you don't normally give up a TD over the top.

I think more importantly, you don't bite on the pump fake and double move to the sideline when it takes a TD to win the game......

steelblood
10-04-2010, 08:31 PM
The defense didn't look that good either. The Ravens moved the ball all day. They pushed us around a bit in the running game too.

Their O-line played well (without Gaither). Grubbs and Oher were knocking dudes out. Keisel and Hood got smacked around quite a bit. If Rice wasn't dinged up, it could have been worse. I think the bye week will do us some good.

SteelTorch
10-04-2010, 10:07 PM
You also don't win if you let the opponent start on your own 39 yard line. :x

Dee Dub
10-05-2010, 02:26 PM

Generally a fair criticism, but from what I recall, the D brought pressure, including Troy. I think they would have been much better served with Troy in centerfield on that last pass.

5 men blocking 4 is not pressure. And actually 5 men blocking 5 isnt much either.