PDA

View Full Version : Why not the WILDCAT?

Kid
10-04-2010, 01:25 PM
If we had no intentions on throwing the ball the second to last possession anyways, why not? I thought there was a package set up for ARE.

phillyesq
10-04-2010, 01:43 PM
If we had no intentions on throwing the ball the second to last possession anyways, why not? I thought there was a package set up for ARE.

Really? Why would you try to run a new package with somebody who has never taken a live snap from a rookie center backed up against your own goalline?

If you're looking for creative play calling, perhaps use Redman as a fullback and give him a quick inside handoff, but no thanks on the wildcat in that situation.

feltdizz
10-04-2010, 01:45 PM

Really? Why would you try to run a new package with somebody who has never taken a live snap from a rookie center backed up against your own goalline?

If you're looking for creative play calling, perhaps use Redman as a fullback and give him a quick inside handoff, but no thanks on the wildcat in that situation.

the kid is just throwing stuff out there and seeing what will stick..

i definitely think Redman should have been called on one of those runs.

Kid
10-04-2010, 01:53 PM

how many times did they peviously run redman on a quick insider?

phillyesq
10-04-2010, 02:01 PM

Against the Ravens? He didn't have a single carry.

Notleadpoisoned
10-04-2010, 02:16 PM
The "Wildcat" aka single-wing offense hasn't been cool since Jim Thorpe died.

Kid
10-04-2010, 02:48 PM

correct. so does your same logic apply to your suggestion as it did mine?

phillyesq
10-04-2010, 02:54 PM

correct. so does your same logic apply to your suggestion as it did mine?

Two completely different situations. You're suggesting implementing a package that involves the snap going to a WR who has never taken a live handoff from a rookie center.

I'm suggesting running a play that has been run previously and successfully, but not against the Ravens. I'm also suggesting a play that is significantly less risky. Do you want ARE trying to handle a pitch to somebody with the goalline at his back?

hawaiiansteel
10-04-2010, 03:59 PM
If you're looking for creative play calling...

then you're looking in the wrong place. remember that Bruce Arians is our OC... :HeadBanger

anger 82&95
10-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Why stop with the wildcat? They should have tried a drop kick… It wasn’t as if the Steelers were going to part the uprights anyways.

The Man of Steel
10-04-2010, 05:01 PM
The "Wildcat" aka single-wing offense hasn't been cool since Jim Thorpe died.
I agree. Pop Warner invented that primitive offense more than a century ago yet some fans today talk about the Wildcat like it's some new cutting edge offense. Arians might as well install the T Formation if he's gonna bother using that wildcat nonsense.