PDA

View Full Version : Ok something positive about the game.

Steelhere10
10-03-2010, 08:47 PM
William Gay played outstanding.He's been a pleasent surprise in the nickle role.

1st and Goal--
10-04-2010, 06:58 PM
William Gay played outstanding.He's been a pleasent surprise in the nickle role.

Yeah, if he keeps this up he's liable to be the top ranked nickel back again like he was in 2008 according to Football Outsiders or maybe it was Cold Hard Football Facts. It was one of those geek type so called advanced statistic sites. I forget which one.

While were talking positives, what about that Offensive Line. Has anyone noticed how few plays are getting smashed, squashed, stuffed [whatever you like to call it] behind the line of scrimmage. It seems that was a regular feature the past few years. Even the QB's seem to be getting plenty enough time to throw. Big Ben should certainly benefit from these things. I sure hope so.

Steelhere10
10-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Considering the game plan BA had I think they played a good game not great but good.

Steelhere10
10-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Considering the game plan BA had I think they played a good game not great but good.

ikestops85
10-05-2010, 11:49 AM

He really hasn't surprised me this year. He is a good DB that had a bad year last year and lost his confidence. I fully expected him to play well this year and he hasn't let me down. McFadden better watch out or we will be right back to where we were in 2008 with Gay taking playing time away from Bryant.

NC Steeler Fan
10-05-2010, 04:25 PM
I know you're just trying to be positive, and I can appreciate the effort, but at the end of the season "positive things in games we lose" doesn't count... :(

chiken
10-06-2010, 12:41 PM
We really honestly couldnt expect to be 4-0 w/o Ben.. I know the Raven game was close but so were all but one of the games. Overtime At home against the Birds and that Game in TN that we dominated on defense but it was still a nail biter down the stretch..

The Positive is A)We Can Run B) We can protect the QB. And C) We dont have to listen to People spewing Crap about this Team went 4-0 w/o Ben so why is he throwing picks or not scoring with every drive (we all know it would have happened the first time we lost a game w/ Ben)

This is a good possibly great team but they need both sides to win - The MAcho talk the Defense gave us was fine and it pumped everyone up - but bottom line is - in order to bang with the big boys you need both sides to be special not just 1.