PDA

View Full Version : Ravens dont score that TD if..

steelerkeylargo
10-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Polamalu is playing safety and not rush LB. Why we dont blitz Farrior in those spots and put Troy in coverage I will never know.

hellbanger
10-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Polamalu is playing safety and not rush LB. Why we dont blitz Farrior in those spots and put Troy in coverage I will never know.

It wouldn't of mattered if McFadden didn't get burned like some lost rookie.

winwithd
10-03-2010, 06:08 PM
We get one first down the previous time we had the ball. When we drove 95 yards the previous time I was thinking maybe we are wearing them down.
So what was the difference between that drive and the 3 and out. The Ravens must have known we would run. They almost got Mendenhall in the end zone on the last run. On the previous drive we picked up first downs with passes to Miller and ARE.
I was thinking we could all but end the game with a sack on the play that the Ravens scored on so I was wondering if LeBeau wouldn't dial up some sort of blitz. He gambled and lost.

Steelhere10
10-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Also they bring Timmons on the blitz and drop Woodley/ and or Harrison in coverage.The whole team from coaches to players out thought themselves today.

Shawn
10-03-2010, 07:11 PM
If Reed would have hit his field goals and we hadn't shot ourselves in the foot with penalties it would be a moot point. Would of, should of but didn't. We are 3-1 and better off than many of us thought we would be at this point. I'm ok with where we are...and now we have Ben.

Ghost
10-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Knowing the Ravens have to scroe a TD; why not start the play with Troy standing on the goal line to ensure any wr that gets away from a corner is covered? I found it to be an odd time to have him at the line of scrimmage.

Djfan
10-03-2010, 10:28 PM
If we had gotten a first down we would never have given the ball away! But, I guess I can't ask to have the sacred run, run, pass, punt from inside our own 20 tradition broken.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-03-2010, 10:59 PM

It wouldn't of mattered if McFadden didn't get burned like some lost rookie.

$$$$

Chadman
10-04-2010, 12:43 AM
The very system that causes Lebeau's success is what t=you guys are now complaining about? The very fact that at any given time, any players is the pass rusher is what makes the D so good.

Steelers got done on 1 play. If Troy gets a sack, or forces a bad throw- Lebeau's a legend.

Sometimes, you just gotta say- "good play" - to the opposition & deal with it.

Shawn
10-04-2010, 01:26 AM
The very system that causes Lebeau's success is what t=you guys are now complaining about? The very fact that at any given time, any players is the pass rusher is what makes the D so good.

Steelers got done on 1 play. If Troy gets a sack, or forces a bad throw- Lebeau's a legend.

$$$

jj28west
10-04-2010, 05:43 AM

There was inconsistency on both sides of the ball, missed opportunities, etc but gotta give credit to Baltimore's game plan on offense & defense with good execution.

You cant call it an exposure but in simple terms it seems if James & Lamaar get blocked effectively there are some thigns you can do on offense against us.

stlrz d
10-04-2010, 08:00 AM

People seem to forget the guys in the ugly uniforms are getting paid too.

BURGH86STEEL
10-04-2010, 08:08 AM

I agree.

steelblood
10-04-2010, 08:16 AM

That is nice to say, but Polamalu is our best DB, not our best blitzer. Wherever Troy is, Flacco will generally avoid that area. It makes sense to blitz him less often in that situation with the game on the line. Largo makes a valid point. Troy is a huge difference maker in the secondary.

You also have to realize that Flacco was trying to get rid of the ball quickly all game. Blindside blitzes were not effective because he was attempting more rhythm throws. Also, Flacco really only escapes well to his right. With this knowledge, why would we blitz Troy from the right with the game on the line? I've been against Troy blitzing for 4 years. If you watch closely, we get burned very often when Troy blitzes. Also, for as athletic as he is, Troy is really only effective blitzing when schemed open. He rarely beats a man. Blitzing a linebacker would have been a better call.

No one is saying that Lebeau is an idiot or lost the game. But, it is at least a questionable decision given Troy's effect on the back end of the secondary.

ramblinjim
10-04-2010, 08:28 AM
I actually thought that the Ravens' D played fantastic football yesterday. We had one good long drive and Randle El made a finger tip catch. Otherwise they kept us bottled up pretty good.

It just seemed like one of those games where the other team just came to play a little bit better than ours did.

Slapstick
10-04-2010, 08:51 AM
It is difficult for me to try to pin this one on the offense...after driving 95 yards for the go-ahead TD, they burned clock and forced the Ravens to use all of their time outs...

Like Tomlin said, I would still take my chances with the Steelers' D around midfield and the opposing offens with no TOs...

They needed to defend the sideline better and McFadden should have played inside technique, forcing Douchemandzadeh to the outside...using the sideline and giving Flacco a smaller window to throw...

Lesson learned...

BradshawsHairdresser
10-04-2010, 09:13 AM
They needed to defend the sideline better and McFadden should have played inside technique, forcing Douchemandzadeh to the outside...using the sideline and giving Flacco a smaller window to throw...

Lesson learned...

Well, I hope the lesson has been learned...I'm not so confident about that as you are.

feltdizz
10-04-2010, 09:25 AM

:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

I have no idea why Troy was on the line so much on passing downs.

He has Flacco's number when it comes to INT's... why blitz him at the end of the game?

grotonsteel
10-04-2010, 09:58 AM

I agree.

+1

Snatch98
10-04-2010, 03:24 PM

People seem to be ignoring the fact that Todd Heap through one hell of a block. If he didn't Flacco was either hurried in a major way or on his back. I'm not saying I disagree on dropping Troy back in coverage but the Ravens did everything right on that play and we lost. The loss hurts but I'll take this kind of loss any day of the week. It keeps the team hungry and both teams played hard. Had Polamalu gotten loose and destroyed Flacco we'd be 4-0.

feltdizz
10-04-2010, 03:34 PM

People seem to be ignoring the fact that Todd Heap through one hell of a block. If he didn't Flacco was either hurried in a major way or on his back. I'm not saying I disagree on dropping Troy back in coverage but the Ravens did everything right on that play and we lost. The loss hurts but I'll take this kind of loss any day of the week. It keeps the team hungry and both teams played hard. Had Polamalu gotten loose and destroyed Flacco we'd be 4-0.

Troy gets lost in the blitz package too often IMO. He is great at snuffing out the run but we knew it was pass all the way and it's not too often that Troy gets to the QB when he blitzes.. IMO.

phillyesq
10-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Troy gets lost in the blitz package too often IMO. He is great at snuffing out the run but we knew it was pass all the way and it's not too often that Troy gets to the QB when he blitzes.. IMO.

Troy did apply some pressure to Flacco earlier, but the numbers bear out that Troy doesn't get to the QB often when he blitzes. He has 7 career sacks, and if I recall, 3 came in one game against the Texans a few years back.

Troy unquestionably makes some dynamic plays near the line in the running game. I'm fine with him rushing on occasion and under certain circumstances, but on that play, I would have kept him playing safety.

I also agree with those who pointed out that the other team is also paid to do a job - Flacco ran a nice drive, and did a nice job of getting the ball out quickly yesterday.

feltdizz
10-04-2010, 03:50 PM

Troy did apply some pressure to Flacco earlier, but the numbers bear out that Troy doesn't get to the QB often when he blitzes. He has 7 career sacks, and if I recall, 3 came in one game against the Texans a few years back.

Troy unquestionably makes some dynamic plays near the line in the running game. I'm fine with him rushing on occasion and under certain circumstances, but on that play, I would have kept him playing safety.

I also agree with those who pointed out that the other team is also paid to do a job - Flacco ran a nice drive, and did a nice job of getting the ball out quickly yesterday.
I agree.... Flacco got the job done when he had too...

I scratched my head a little with the strategy on D on the last drive. It was very 2009ish. No timeouts and we give them 2 easy catches on the sidelines. That was inexcusable and I think we would have gotten decent pressure with 5.