PDA

View Full Version : Farrior days are numbered?

Steelhere10
10-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Did any one notice after Willis made him break his ankles on that td run, that Tomlin had something to say to him and you didn't see him the rest of the half.

Leper Friend
10-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Besides these embarassingly bad corners , Farrior is the weak link of this defense. We all saw him lose a step last year. He can never play in coverage and now he can't make tackles unblocked. I don't care if it's just one missed tackle , it's a huge missed tackle for a MLB. Say what you want but Ray Lewis makes that tackle 100 out of 100 times.

Herewegosteelers!
10-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Has been a heck of a LB ever since he was signed from the Jets but has slowed down way too much. Foote may be playing more the rest of the season.

StarSpangledSteeler
10-03-2010, 08:18 PM
The lesson to be learned here is, you can't re-sign old players to big extensions just because you're sentimentally attached. You must look at their skill set. Ward is an exception. He has maintained a high level of play and still gets separation at an old age. You can't re-sign Farrior to that type of extension at that age. It's just as much Colbert's and LeBeau's fault.

Leper Friend
10-03-2010, 09:40 PM
The lesson to be learned here is, you can't re-sign old players to big extensions just because you're sentimentally attached. You must look at their skill set. Ward is an exception. He has maintained a high level of play and still gets separation at an old age. You can't re-sign Farrior to that type of extension at that age. It's just as much Colbert's and LeBeau's fault.
$$$$$$$$$$$$

I thought Lebeau learned his lesson last year.He's a 2 down linebacker at this point and average at that. Being a "leader" and a good guy only takes you so far.

steelsnis
10-03-2010, 09:43 PM
The blame game here is unreal. Farrior missed a tackle on McGahee. It happens. Guess what, he also made an outstanding play in the 4th Q when Flacco threw to Heap on 3rd down and Farrior knocked it out of his hands.

Farrior may have lost a step but he still makes far more plays for this defense than he misses.

Leper Friend
10-03-2010, 09:53 PM
The blame game here is unreal. Farrior missed a tackle on McGahee. It happens. Guess what, he also made an outstanding play in the 4th Q when Flacco threw to Heap on 3rd down and Farrior knocked it out of his hands.

Farrior may have lost a step but he still makes far more plays for this defense than he misses.
Not trying to be argumentative but I strongly disagree.1 good play on Heap doesn't make up for 1 year and 4 games of below average play.Plus , that missed tackle doesn't "just happen". Not for a starting NFL MLB. He wasn't even touched on that play.Mcgahee is an average running back at best. It's inside the 10 yard line ,the D-line ate up the blocks , it's a linebackers dream.

It's not just 1 missed tackle either , this has been playing itself out for over a year now. He's lost alot of steps.

Steelhere10
10-03-2010, 09:58 PM
That was one of many plays he missed, I challenge anyone to pay close attention to him next game.there's a reason Tomlin took him out and it has nothing to do with the heat. He was the only Lb that was replaced.

Chadman
10-04-2010, 12:48 AM
We seriously are NOW questioning if Farrior is coming to the end? At 35?

It's why the Steelers brought back Foote- no surprise. You'll probably find him rotated in & out for most of the season.

SteelBucks
10-04-2010, 07:40 AM
Gotta love how everyone's days are numbered after a loss.

So far I've seen three on the front page......Farrior, Reed, Moore. It's going to be a long two weeks.

stlrz d
10-04-2010, 08:06 AM

So far I've seen three on the front page......Farrior, Reed, Moore. It's going to be a long two weeks.

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing.

BURGH86STEEL
10-04-2010, 08:13 AM

The over reactions after losses is almost unbearable. If Ben struggles his first game back, we are going to hear the screams of Leftwich or Batch.

ramblinjim
10-04-2010, 08:30 AM

The over reactions after losses is almost unbearable. If Ben struggles his first game back, we are going to hear the screams of Leftwich or Batch.

After yesterday.....probably not Batch at least.

Leper Friend
10-04-2010, 08:36 AM

This has nothing to do with Ben. If you can't see Farrior is below average at this point , then I would question pretty much anything you say because it's painfully obvious. It has been since last year.Open your eyes.

Slapstick
10-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Umm...Farrior signed a very modest contract extension...

fezziwig
10-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Farrior is not the player he used to be and I doubt anyone will disagree but, I'm sitting the fence if he is over the hill or not qualified to be the starter. I guess if I had to make a choice Farrior needs to step down for a more youthful player. I don't see him on the team next season.

Shawn
10-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Besides these embarassingly bad corners , Farrior is the weak link of this defense. We all saw him lose a step last year. He can never play in coverage and now he can't make tackles unblocked. I don't care if it's just one missed tackle , it's a huge missed tackle for a MLB. Say what you want but Ray Lewis makes that tackle 100 out of 100 times.

Agreed, age has finally caught up with a great linebacker. He looked slow out there.

hawaiiansteel
10-04-2010, 09:58 PM

Agreed, age has finally caught up with a great linebacker. He looked slow out there.

James Farrior has had a great Steelers career, but there is no doubt that he has lost a step.

http://photos.triblive.com/photos/PITT/1088983/31905457E.jpg

NJ-STEELER
10-04-2010, 11:43 PM
i dont even understand why he tried to dive at mcgahee on the TD run.

he's was running right at him. stay on your feet and stand him up and wait for help if you have to...instead he whiffed on him

fezziwig
10-06-2010, 12:18 PM
I think Fox or Foote needs to take over Farriors spot. I've been wanting Fox to be the starter since training camp. At least they can have Farrior on the sidelines giving him advice.

Shawn
10-06-2010, 02:52 PM
I like Fox alot. The guy plays with motivation. I like his swag. :)