PDA

View Full Version : A Silver Lining

NorthCoast
10-03-2010, 04:06 PM
We know they were not going 16-0. Maybe this will ground the team and make them extra ready for Browns week. I can't stand living in Stains country after a win and this year the Stains are no lock. Their D is showing some life and the O seems to do just enough to stay close.

BURGH86STEEL
10-03-2010, 04:10 PM
After last season, fans should realize that there are no automatic wins.

NC Steeler Fan
10-03-2010, 04:11 PM
We cannot afford any losses in the AFC.

Steelgal
10-03-2010, 04:23 PM
We cannot afford any losses in the AFC.

Especially AFCN...

AngryAsian
10-03-2010, 04:33 PM
I'll take the silver lining when we lose to non-AFCN rivals... I'll take the lessons learned from non-intra-divisional losses.

stlrz d
10-03-2010, 06:08 PM
The silver lining is that we are 3-1 w/out our franchise QB.

#7 is coming back...look the fsck out NFL!

DukieBoy
10-03-2010, 06:12 PM
We know they were not going 16-0. Maybe this will ground the team and make them extra ready for Browns week. I can't stand living in Stains country after a win and this year the Stains are no lock. Their D is showing some life and the O seems to do just enough to stay close.
Coming home from the MSP airport this afternoon, and all I could get on the radio was the Westwood Radio call of the Browns/Bengals. Mark Malone was commenting on the game, said the Browns have been ahead in the 4th qtrs of each game this season. Then Malone threw a Pick 6 and was benched. Anyway, they made that Payton Hillis sound like a Beast who battered the Bengals D into resignation by the 4th qtr today.

frankthetank1
10-03-2010, 06:12 PM
very happy to be 3-1 without ben. it would have been so sweet to be 4-0 though. i thought the steelers would go 2-2 or even 1-3 without ben all and all things are looking great. no major injuries knock on wood and we are getting the offense back with ben. the defense is back to its old form. i like our chances a lot :tt2 :tt2

DukieBoy
10-03-2010, 06:14 PM
very happy to be 3-1 without ben. it would have been so sweet to be 4-0 though. i thought the steelers would go 2-2 or even 1-3 without ben all and all things are looking great. no major injuries knock on wood and we are getting the offense back with ben. the defense is back to its old form. i like our chances a lot :tt2 :tt2
:Agree :Cheers

anger 82&95
10-03-2010, 07:06 PM

$$$

Ghost
10-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Being less than a minute away from 4-0 really stings (especially after stopping them on 4th and goal from the 2). That said, the majority of folks (both here and the pundits) thought 2-2 with a small chance of 3-1. Well 3-1 set us up nicely for the rest of the season. This team wins 10 for sure. And we get another shot at the Ravens and there's no reason the Steelers cannot beat the Clowns/Bungals 4 times.

Today blows but a bye and the Browns are going to be great for what ails us!!!

AngryAsian
10-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Being less than a minute away from 4-0 really stings (especially after stopping them on 4th and goal from the 2). That said, the majority of folks (both here and the pundits) thought 2-2 with a small chance of 3-1. Well 3-1 set us up nicely for the rest of the season. This team wins 10 for sure. And we get another shot at the Ravens and there's no reason the Steelers cannot beat the Clowns/Bungals 4 times.

I just hate the fact we have to wait 2 weeks before we can fix the woes that we suffered today. :x

Steeler Shades
10-03-2010, 07:42 PM
I just hate the fact we have to wait 2 weeks before we can fix the woes that we suffered today. :x
The problem IMHO isn't that we have to wait two weeks to fix today's woes...it is that those woes seemed remarkably similar to the woes we should have fixed after last season...and evidently didn't. 8)

AngryAsian
10-03-2010, 07:45 PM
The problem IMHO isn't that we have to wait two weeks to fix today's woes...it is that those woes seemed remarkably similar to the woes we should have fixed after last season...and evidently didn't. 8)

I think we all know which woes are those that have ailed this team... and they deal with play calling on offense. :x

fordfixer
10-03-2010, 11:59 PM

:Agree :Clap :Clap :Clap

fordfixer
10-04-2010, 12:02 AM

Ahhh but that's 2 weeks for Ben to get back in time with the offense

grotonsteel
10-04-2010, 11:27 AM

:Agree :Clap :Clap :Clap

:Agree :tt2 :tt2 :tt2