PDA

View Full Version : nice chokejob

Kid
10-03-2010, 04:01 PM
f'n idiots

hawaiiansteel
10-03-2010, 04:04 PM
our defense on that last drive was downright disappointing.

SteelTorch
10-03-2010, 04:06 PM
our defense on that last drive was downright disappointing.
Well, it didn't help that their offense was able to start on our own 39 yard line. :x

Steelgal
10-03-2010, 04:09 PM
They played undisciplined football today. Too many penalties and other gaffs. We were totally outplayed by Baltimore, but we took it to the end. Heart-wrenching loss, but definatley gives them LOTS to work on in the bye week.

NC Steeler Fan
I say that poor playing calling buried deep in our own side of the field was the killer.

That and skippy's missed FGs...

Inexcusable, both.

Our D at least had a great goal line stand and two turnovers. They did a decent job.

Our O let us down more.

steelernation77
I have a hard time faulting the D when they gave the offense the ball twice in FG range and the O got no points out of it.

NorthCoast
10-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Agreed. Can't fault the D on this one. They pretty much did what they needed to, but the O didn't help one iota.

NC Steeler Fan
10-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Yeah, what I said! :lol:

Steelerphile
10-03-2010, 04:37 PM
It's execution not playcalling. Cannot the homers see that Batch did not play too well. He didn't read coverages very quickly, held the ball and didn't generally pass very effectively. A few nice passes but overall not he huge upgrade he was touted to be today.

pfelix73
10-03-2010, 04:59 PM
It's both!

:tt1

chiken
10-03-2010, 05:10 PM
The offense didn't do the Defense any Favors today for most of the game, despite good games by the Oline and Mendy.. the leaves the Qb..

NJ-STEELER
10-03-2010, 05:55 PM
how do you false start 2 out of 3 plays in a crunch time moment like that

AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frankthetank1
10-03-2010, 05:58 PM
The offense didn't do the Defense any Favors today for most of the game, despite good games by the Oline and Mendy.. the leaves the Qb..

do you really think the o-line had a good game?

AngryAsian
10-03-2010, 07:48 PM
It's execution not playcalling. Cannot the homers see that Batch did not play too well. He didn't read coverages very quickly, held the ball and didn't generally pass very effectively. A few nice passes but overall not he huge upgrade he was touted to be today.

Couldn't agree more. Its the execution... of Bruce Arians that I'm waiting for.

feltdizz
10-03-2010, 07:58 PM

do you really think the o-line had a good game?
I thought the OL did a pretty good job. The RB blocking was hit and miss. Charlie had time but he didn't do anything with it.

Stewie
10-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Did we see the pony backfield??? Did Redman even get a carry??? True he did get some good blocks on blitz pick-up, but he's the kind of runner that punishes people and wears out a defense. He doesn't pirouette in space. he punishes.

We'll get 'em next time.

Slapstick
10-05-2010, 10:22 AM
When I saw this thread, I thought Kid was commenting on his own auto-erotic asphyxiation...

I misunderstood...sorry...

Djfan
10-05-2010, 10:40 AM
We will get about 5-10 more successful plays per game if we used some deception or miscue or trickery. When the other defenses know what we're going to do 95% of the time just by looking at our formation, we are handicapping ourselves.

SteelTorch
10-05-2010, 01:34 PM
We will get about 5-10 more successful plays per game if we used some deception or miscue or trickery. When the other defenses know what we're going to do 95% of the time just by looking at our formation, we are handicapping ourselves.
My brother and I were calling out plays before they happened. Not just run or pass, but where the ball was going. Sorry, but that's just sad. That is how predictable Arians is - and he's stubbornly set in his methods.

Dee Dub
10-05-2010, 07:48 PM

Ok let me me flip this on you A.A....on defense for that winning TD the Ravens scored who called for the prevent defense with a soft underneath? The players or LeBeau?

AngryAsian
10-05-2010, 08:10 PM

Ok let me me flip this on you A.A....on defense for that winning TD the Ravens scored who called for the prevent defense with a soft underneath? The players or LeBeau?

Dee, this is how I look at it. Lebeau and his squad has its own problems (like the soft 10 yard cushion they've been giving opposing WRs). But for several seasons this defense has finished in the top 5 if not #1 in a couple of those seasons, so they get more benefit of the doubt than the O. Speaking of the O, I've never seen this offense ever rate that high... EVER... with Arians at the helm.

Another thing of note... the offense failed to convert two TO possessions (both starting on the Ravens 35-40 yard lines). These two missed opportunities were not the defense's fault. We wouldn't have needed to worry about a game winning TD if we had only converted one of these two possessions.

Others see it differently. Plus.... pounding the rock within on our own 5 yard line, without a FB into the very heart of the defensive front that had stifled our running game all game... that my friend, is sure lunacy.

BURGH86STEEL
10-05-2010, 08:57 PM

Dee, this is how I look at it. Lebeau and his squad has its own problems (like the soft 10 yard cushion they've been giving opposing WRs). But for several seasons this defense has finished in the top 5 if not #1 in a couple of those seasons, so they get more benefit of the doubt than the O. Speaking of the O, I've never seen this offense ever rate that high... EVER... with Arians at the helm.

Another thing of note... the offense failed to convert two TO possessions (both starting on the Ravens 35-40 yard lines). These two missed opportunities were not the defense's fault. We wouldn't have needed to worry about a game winning TD if we had only converted one of these two possessions.

Others see it differently. Plus.... pounding the rock within on our own 5 yard line, without a FB into the very heart of the defensive front that had stifled our running game all game... that my friend, is sure lunacy.

If you want to see a top 5 offense, I suggest the organization get better players on offense. The defense has better players. It's no mystery why they are ranked in the top half of the league every year. Lebeau does a good job but the players are the key to the defenses success.

The opportunities were there for the offense to convert in those situations. I guess I should say there were open WR's during both series. Mistakes blew those chances.
Maybe they would had or would not had to worry about a game winning TD. Easy to make that determination based on the final score. The reality is that no one knows how the game would had played out from that point on if the offense scored. Maybe they don't score the TD on their next offensive series?

I believe they made the right decision to pound the rock.

The first play they gained 2 yards without a FB. Then penalty.
2nd down they had a FB in there and gained 3 yards. Then penalty.
Now it's 3rd and 10. What would you do? The percentages are probably against teams in that situation. No easy answers.

IMO, the penalties hurt the offense badly down there. Those 2 penalties took away 5 yards. Big difference in being 3rd and 5 as opposed to 3rd and 10. Short of a first down, many fans not happy with the offense. No one to blame but the players that committed those penalties that put the offense in a bad situation. Very difficult to overcome mistakes in a closely contested game.

Djfan
10-05-2010, 09:00 PM

:Agree :Agree

AA, if you weren't so darn cute, I would be annoyed at you always having the best way of putting things. This is your 76,297 post that is MONEY!!

SteelCrazy
10-05-2010, 11:12 PM

:Cheers :Cheers :Cheers

Bruce is so imaginative.....