PDA

View Full Version : Ut oh Ben met with Tomlin last night

Crash
10-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Christian music artist Chris Tomlin performed to a sold-out crowd at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh last night with Ben and his parents in the audience.

Ben and Chris have become good friends, and for his mother Brenda's birthday, Ben took her and his dad to the concert. The photo of Ben and Chris was taken backstage.

Chris is a three-time Gospel Music Association male vocalist of the year, a two-time GMA artist of the year and two-time Grammy nominee.

Ben said the show was awesome - that Chris' music delivers a strong message and his talent is unreal.

Sugar
10-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Ha- you had me there for a second.

I like Chris Tomlin OK. My church does some of his tunes.

siss
10-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Note to Ben:
Christian Concert with mom and dad....good.

Rotten Georgia peaches who are DTF in a bar...Bad

Glad to see that he seems to be learning.

SidSmythe
10-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Good for Him ...although I love the old hymns, Chris Tomlin has some good ones!!

God's Way > Co-Eds

hawaiiansteel
10-01-2010, 10:04 PM
and in other Ben related news, his dog Zeus turned six years old today... :Cheers

I'll take Ben every day of the week, especially on Sundays...

http://www.bigbennews.com/images/ben_zeus.jpg

Djfan
10-01-2010, 10:06 PM
We're big Chris Tomlin fans in this house. Glad Ben is doing his thing.

siss
10-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Just in case you are wondering, this is the link Crash is talking about.
http://www.bigbennews.com/

Shawn
10-02-2010, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I'm a big Chris Tomlin fan myself. Good to see Ben at Christian concerts rather than college bars. I would say that is a good sign. :)

kiwi_sarah
10-02-2010, 03:55 AM
and in other Ben related news, his dog Zeus turned six years old today... :Cheers

Me too....(I may mean this in a slightly different way than you)

That's a gorgeous dog.

fordfixer
10-02-2010, 03:59 AM
Big Tomlin fans at my Chris and Mike

BradshawsHairdresser
10-02-2010, 08:07 AM
The reports coming out about Ben are encouraging. I'm betting that he will come out of this thing better in every way.

anger 82&95
10-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Beeastard! I almost chucked my lap top across the room! But what could the charges have been this time? Perhaps malicious self-manipulation with intent to self-please…

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Good one Crash! I thought "God"ell would be making an announcement today the suspension was etended to 6. You got me.

steelernation77
10-02-2010, 10:20 AM
In the words of Hank Hill, "Can't you see you're not making Christianity better, you're just making rock n' roll worse?"

cruzer8
10-02-2010, 11:04 AM
In the words of Hank Hill, "Can't you see you're not making Christianity better, you're just making rock n' roll worse?"

:Clap

Flasteel
10-02-2010, 11:11 AM

That's awesome. :D

fezziwig
10-02-2010, 12:01 PM

His dog made it to 6 , obviously his dog never met another number 7

pfelix73
10-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Hmmm. Cool. I guess I don't get out much. Never heard of him. Is it the HC's brother?

:lol:

:tt1

steelsnis
10-02-2010, 06:25 PM
I think Ben's great and I hope he's on a good track with his life, but doesn't this seem a little strange to anyone else? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Ben is not out "carousing" during his suspension from the team. But a Christian rock concert???

I have nothing against this musician (have no idea who he is actually) but I'm always wary when someone who is obviously so far on one side of the spectrum like Ben supposedly was (partying, drinking, women, etc) does a COMPLETE 180 in a short period of time.

It feels forced to me, like someone told him, "hey man, you should go see this guy in concert, he's a Christian singer and it'll look great for your image..."

I mean, from "TAKE MY SHOTS B*TCHES" to swaying back and forth, holding hands and singing Christian songs???

I hope i'm not coming off as anti-Christian, because i'm not, but this just feels kinda odd to me.

Crash
10-02-2010, 06:30 PM
He took his mother to the concert for her birthday.

Ben's always been religious. Don't forget that the ever image conscience NFL fined him, and then ordered him to remove the "PFJ" he had on his shoes as a rookie.

Sugar
10-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Unfortunately, I talk to people all the time who are in church on Sunday after getting hammered the night before.

While I don't usually drink at shows, someone could think it odd that I'm playing rock shows in clubs all over the place and am usually in church Sunday morning.

I don't know what's up with Ben, but it seems to me that if he somehow put himself in the wrong place in GA, maybe he's looking to put himself in the right place.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately, I talk to people all the time who are in church on Sunday after getting hammered the night before.

While I don't usually drink at shows, someone could think it odd that I'm playing rock shows in clubs all over the place and am usually in church Sunday morning.

I don't know what's up with Ben, but it seems to me that if he somehow put himself in the wrong place in GA, maybe he's looking to put himself in the right place.
:Clap :Clap

Djfan
10-02-2010, 09:11 PM
I think Ben's great and I hope he's on a good track with his life, but doesn't this seem a little strange to anyone else? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Ben is not out "carousing" during his suspension from the team. But a Christian rock concert???

I have nothing against this musician (have no idea who he is actually) but I'm always wary when someone who is obviously so far on one side of the spectrum like Ben supposedly was (partying, drinking, women, etc) does a COMPLETE 180 in a short period of time.

It feels forced to me, like someone told him, "hey man, you should go see this guy in concert, he's a Christian singer and it'll look great for your image..."

I mean, from "TAKE MY SHOTS B*TCHES" to swaying back and forth, holding hands and singing Christian songs???

I hope i'm not coming off as anti-Christian, because i'm not, but this just feels kinda odd to me.

I always respect an honest question. Nothing wrong with asking them.

I went from using speed and being a dead head to very active faith overnight in '82. Never looked back. It worked for me, and probably could for others, but I admit that there are other ways, too.