PDA

View Full Version : I am Pissed Off

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-01-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm tired of every friggin' thread being hijacked into a "Ben was done wrong" thread. As bad or worse is the racial overtone that seems to be part of that.

I've been trying to avoid other topics/posts where that occurs. I've noticed that over time that's been becoming harder and harder to do, meaning there are less and less threads I want to participate in.

Now it's MY post that's being hijacked, and that is enough for me.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13901 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13901)

feltdizz
10-01-2010, 03:10 PM
but Ben WAS wronged!!! :mrgreen:

I'm sorry... I will admit I have been guilty of feeding the animals by defending Batch but I think the mods need to act before the board melts.

3-0 and all we keep hearing about is how Ben was jerked over. Can't even give other players credit because it's a swipe at Ben :roll:

Mods? Whatchugonnado?

Crash
10-01-2010, 03:15 PM

I'm sorry... I will admit I have been guilty of feeding the animals by defending Batch but I think the mods need to act before the board melts.

3-0 and all we keep hearing about is how Ben was jerked over. Can't even give other players credit because it's a swipe at Ben :roll:

Mods? Whatchugonnado?

I'm done. I'll let you guys praise Goodell as you squeal when he continues to ram his hatred for the Steelers right up your collective asses.

Enjoy!

feltdizz
10-01-2010, 03:18 PM

Mods? Whatchugonnado?

I'm done. I'll let you guys praise Goodell as you squeal when he continues to ram his hatred for the Steelers right up your collective asses.

Enjoy!

Actions speak louder than words :Blah

Slapstick
10-01-2010, 03:22 PM

Enjoy!

I'll take it...

I'd almost rather have that then the incessant whining...

eniparadoxgma
10-01-2010, 03:29 PM
I can't stand any of the "monomaniac" posters. LVG = anti-Tomlin, rickt = anti-O-Line and anything having to do with it, Crash = pro-Ben, etc etc. No matter what the particular broken record they're playing is, it becomes tiresome quick. When tunnel vision takes over and you're no longer able to rationally discuss topics without automatically reverting to the same tired diatribe then something needs to be done IMO.

Crash
10-01-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm not pro Ben I'm pro common sense.

Unless I've been kidnapped I thought this was America, innocent until proven guilty?

Someone needs to tell that to Rammin' Roger, he seems, as well as many on this board, to be confused.

hawaiiansteel
10-01-2010, 03:37 PM
I can't stand any of the "monomaniac" posters. LVG = anti-Tomlin, rickt = anti-O-Line and anything having to do with it, Crash = pro-Ben, etc etc. No matter what the particular broken record they're playing is, it becomes tiresome quick. When tunnel vision takes over and you're no longer able to rationally discuss topics without automatically reverting to the same tired diatribe then something needs to be done IMO.

where is HeHateMe when you need him? :D

http://cdn.sportsfan4.com/media/he_hate_me.jpg

brothervad
10-01-2010, 03:42 PM

Enjoy!

Unless I've been kidnapped I thought this was America, innocent until proven guilty?

Someone needs to tell that to Rammin' Roger, he seems, as well as many on this board, to be confused!

I'm sorry tell me again how that reply = to being done? It means you will end you incessant rants.

Obviously given your response--you are not done.

brothervad

BDESteel
10-01-2010, 03:43 PM

Mods? Whatchugonnado?

Enjoy!

As long as that ramming involves a 7th Lombardi trophy, I'll get over it. We're 3-0, fixin to be 4-0 come Sunday. After that, your (our) golden boy will be back to hopefully continue with our winning ways. When he does I hope we don't have to hear anymore of your incessant whining. JD told me about what a jerk you are years ago. Now I'm sorry the fine people on this board have to experience you all over again. whatever happened to the ignore button?

phillyesq
10-01-2010, 03:45 PM

Someone needs to tell that to Rammin' Roger, he seems, as well as many on this board, to be confused.

Many of us, including me, have said that Goodell's application of the personal conduct policy is a joke.

That said, why does every thread have to be about Ben/Goodell? All of this nonsense was dealt with months ago, when it was happening, in the offseason. Now, the season is here. Can't we just enjoy football?

And why can't we now say anything nice about anybody on the Steelers, or anybody elsewhere in the NFL, without it turning into an anti-Ben conspiracy? :HeadBanger

eniparadoxgma
10-01-2010, 03:46 PM

You're not listening.

ONE TRACK MIND = MONOMANIA = TUNNEL VISON = repeating the same tired diatribe repeatedly

It doesn't matter what your point is. It doesn't matter if you're pro-Ben, pro-common sense, pro-dog fighting, pro-abortion, pro-iPad, etc etc. What matters is that it's all you are capable of discussing anymore and you hijack every. single. topic. and subvert it in order to continue incessantly spouting the same. exact. message.

Everyone on the board knows where you stand. Now kindly STFU about it.

feltdizz
10-01-2010, 03:49 PM

Mods? Whatchugonnado?

Enjoy!

As long as that ramming involves a 7th Lombardi trophy, I'll get over it. We're 3-0, fixin to be 4-0 come Sunday. After that, your (our) golden boy will be back to hopefully continue with our winning ways. When he does I hope we don't have to hear anymore of your incessant whining. JD told me about what a jerk you are years ago. Now I'm sorry the fine people on this board have to experience you all over again. whatever happened to the ignore button?

that trophy is big.... it may hurt a little.

hawaiiansteel
10-01-2010, 03:49 PM
I'll defend Crash. you may not always agree with him, but he makes good points to support his arguments.

in my opinion, he is a very knowledgeable poster who brings a different perspective and makes this message board more interesting.

feltdizz
10-01-2010, 03:52 PM

you made your point 2 months ago... what do you want from us? Goodell doesn't read this stuff so who are you trying to convince?

We are 3-0 and it's Ravens week and you are trolling on here bashing Batch because he is getting some love from the home town.. go away and come back tomorrow and talk football.

BDESteel
10-01-2010, 03:59 PM

Mods? Whatchugonnado?

Enjoy!

that trophy is big.... it may hurt a little.

:Agree What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slapstick
10-01-2010, 04:01 PM
I'll defend Crash. you may not always agree with him, but he makes good points to support his arguments.

in my opinion, he is a very knowledgeable poster who brings a different perspective and makes this message board more interesting.

At one time, I would have agreed with you...

Lately, however, he hasn't been bringing a different perspective...he's been bringing the same perspective to almost every thread on this board...even threads that have little or nothing to do with the Roethlisberger suspension...

That is the antithesis of making the board more interesting...

grotonsteel
10-01-2010, 04:04 PM

:Agree

feltdizz
10-01-2010, 04:06 PM

Lately, however, he hasn't been bringing a different perspective...he's been bringing the same perspective to almost every thread on this board...even threads that have little or nothing to do with the Roethlisberger suspension...

Crash knows football....

but he needs a reboot, the guy is stuck on Ben and Goodell.

phillyesq
10-01-2010, 04:12 PM

Crash knows football....

but he needs a reboot, the guy is stuck on Ben and Goodell.

Agreed. His football knowledge is welcome. The Ben-rehashing, not so much.

Can we go back to the Ben topics being in the general NFL forum, and actual football being discussed on this forum?

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 04:15 PM

No, he takes small pieces of truth and twists it to fit his weak argument. Not unusual in forums, but he does it on the SAME FECKING POINT over and over. Its ridiculous really. I had fun screwing with him today while I was waiting for something.

All hail King Goodell!!!!!!!! lol maybe this should be my new sig, even though I don't think much of Goodell. He's a drone run by the heads like the Rooneys.

"I said from the beginning that we were going to look for the man to lead us," Rooney said he told the owners during the voting Wednesday afternoon. "I said that when we finished, I had no doubt that that was Roger Goodell."

Crash
10-01-2010, 04:18 PM
No, he takes small pieces of truth and twists it to fit his weak argument.

What TRUTH do you have?

You've ignored truth all day.

Shaun Rogers and Cedric Benson are repeat violators of the PCP.

No suspensions.

brothervad
10-01-2010, 04:20 PM
No, he takes small pieces of truth and twists it to fit his weak argument.

What TRUTH do you have?

You've ignored truth all day.

Shaun Rogers and Cedric Benson are repeat violators of the PCP.

No suspensions.

Again, I thought you said you were done Lenny.

You are obsessed...you cannot help but take on this crusade.

brothervad

Oviedo
10-01-2010, 04:21 PM

Ben was screwed and so were we. Goodell was playing PC and getting heat off him from the media. That can't be denied. Goodell is arbitrary and targeted Ben and made him a scapegoat. That can't be denied. But now it is time to turn the page and focus on a future with Ben back. The suspension is over and we should move on.

But you can't rip on Crash without ripping on everyone who has repeatedly ripped and continues to rip on Timmons (still soft against the run I guess). Ripped and continues to rip on Tomlin. Ripped and continues to rip on the OL. Ripped and continues and continues and continues to rip on the Arians. Etc, etc.

There are a number of posters who are one topic obsessed and repeat the same nonsense over and over. That won't go away. The problem here is that posters don't have the self discipline to just not respond. If you think Crash is over the top, and while I agree with his sentiments he has carried it too far, then don't respond.

brothervad
10-01-2010, 04:29 PM

Ben was screwed and so were we. Goodell was playing PC and getting heat off him from the media. That can't be denied. Goodell is arbitrary and targeted Ben and made him a scapegoat. That can't be denied. But now it is time to turn the page and focus on a future with Ben back. The suspension is over and we should move on.

But you can't rip on Crash without ripping on everyone who has repeatedly ripped and continues to rip on Timmons (still soft against the run I guess). Ripped and continues to rip on Tomlin. Ripped and continues to rip on the OL. Ripped and continues and continues and continues to rip on the Arians. Etc, etc.

There are a number of posters who are one topic obsessed and repeat the same nonsense over and over. That won't go away. The problem here is that posters don't have the self discipline to just not respond. If you think Crash is over the top, and while I agree with his sentiments he has carried it too far, then don't respond.

I think the genesis of this complaint is that threads that have nothing to do with this subject get hijacked.

Now I won't say that Crash is the only one to do this...but he has done his fair share (if not the majority). And why can't Crash turn the other cheek as wll. Why does he get a free pass to hijack threads...while others have to ignore him?
BTW, I don't mean to sound accusatory...I know that isn't your main point...more of a rehetoorical observation.

brothervad

phillyesq
10-01-2010, 04:30 PM

:Agree

Well said.

phillyesq
10-01-2010, 04:32 PM

Ehem, cough, cough, 4-3, cough, cough, 4-3. :stirpot

Oviedo
10-01-2010, 04:45 PM

Ehem, cough, cough, 4-3, cough, cough, 4-3. :stirpot

I only advocate that we consider it from a talent restocking standpoint and I only address it in the off season. I have repeatedly said it should at least be considered and discussed not dismissed out of hand.

Now here you went and ruined my point by making me discuss it during the season. Tricky lawyer scum
:wink: :wink:

Crash
10-01-2010, 04:48 PM
I don't want the 4-3. More athletes on the field with a 3-4.

phillyesq
10-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Now here you went and ruined my point by making me discuss it during the season. Tricky lawyer scum
:wink: :wink:

Sorry. I try to keep my scummy lawyer tricks restricted to my professional dealings. :lol:

Discipline of Steel
10-01-2010, 06:05 PM

I will agree with you but with 2 stipulations...one is that i have to agree about the monotone. The place for each topic is in its own thread. 'Hijacking' threads is not appreciated, and I know from experience. Second is that there are plenty of polite discussions around the board, where differences of opinion are accepted without becoming adversarial. Sometimes they are even respected.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
10-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Second is that there are plenty of polite discussions around the board, where differences of opinion are accepted without becoming adversarial. Sometimes they are even respected.

You just defined politics as they should be, now if we could only get some of that in Washington DC, ohhh what a wonderful world...

Sorry didn't mean to change the subject, then again what was the subject?!?!

http://flavorwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Gilly.jpg

SORRY!

:tt2

BradshawsHairdresser
10-01-2010, 06:43 PM

Well put.

Crash has not violated any of the rules and regs on this board, so far as I know.
If you don't like what he has to say, you can put him on ignore.

eniparadoxgma
10-01-2010, 07:01 PM
If thread hijacking isn't against the rules it should be.

Mods have already begun to address this, so apparently it is something that is not welcomed.

AngryAsian
10-01-2010, 08:38 PM
If thread hijacking isn't against the rules it should be.

Mods have already begun to address this, so apparently it is something that is not welcomed.

You are correct. If this continues it will be addressed. Polite and civil as things have been, hi-jacking thread topics and deviating from the original poster's intended discussion is not only rude, but unnecessary. There are plenty of threads that render the topics of Ben/Batch/Goodell plenty of lattitude for civil debates. Infusing thread topics that have nothing to do with Ben/Batch/Goodell with opinions is unappreciated and will inevitably have consequences.

stlrz d
10-02-2010, 07:49 AM
It takes two to tango. If people don't like it they don't have to respond.

Not directing this at you SASF...just a general statement since so many people can't resist responding and since most of the responses engage in the debate and then invariably urge Crash to just stop discussing it...even though they're discussing it themselves. There's a word for that. I think it's hypocrite?

:lol:

Chavezz
10-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Welcome to steelerslive folks....

:stirpot

AngryAsian
10-02-2010, 12:28 PM

Never going to get to that point... ask MSM, rickt, etc...

Chavezz
10-02-2010, 12:35 PM

Where is the "Get yo popcorn ready!" smiley?

I'll enjoy watching the showdown/meltdown.
:Steel

eniparadoxgma
10-02-2010, 01:04 PM

The only reason Chavezz hasn't been banned is because he has a latino username. :stirpot

feltdizz
10-02-2010, 01:13 PM
It takes two to tango. If people don't like it they don't have to respond.

Not directing this at you SASF...just a general statement since so many people can't resist responding and since most of the responses engage in the debate and then invariably urge Crash to just stop discussing it...even though they're discussing it themselves. There's a word for that. I think it's hypocrite?

:lol:

people don't like hearing Batch get thrown under the bus in a thread celebrating his win. He is hijackig threads and if someone calls him on it or responds to his false accusations they aren't being hypocrites.

Chavezz
10-02-2010, 01:50 PM

The only reason Chavezz hasn't been banned is because he has a latino username. :stirpot

Viva la raza!

That and I was in the clique before there was a clique.
:tt1

grotonsteel
10-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Not sure why is this hijacking a thread? crash brings a valid point. If people don't like it don't respond.I don't think crash was throwing batch under bus.it was about media double standard.

feltdizz
10-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Not sure why is this hijacking a thread? crash brings a valid point. If people don't like it don't respond.I don't think crash was throwing batch under bus.it was about media double standard.

It's one thing to bring it up in a thread about the media and Ben's incident vs. bringing it up in a thread celebrating Batch's success. That is called hijacking. How many times do we need to hear about the media praising Batch at Ben's expense? He keeps repeating the same thing over and over again. It's not cool.

brothervad
10-02-2010, 05:28 PM
you know I really love the Crash apologists out there...

"Crash makes a valid point...just don't respond."

but Crash makes his point on any thread he can...then he says he is done and yet continues to respond on every thread possible.

All I am asking the apologists to do is be consistent. Crash has made his point...move on!

Just because someone really likes Batch and thinks he is a standup guy...doesn't mean we need to hear for the 1,000,000th time how the media/Goodell has unfairly treated Ben.

We get it...now talk about something else...For Christ's sake this team may be on the verge of 4-0 and this D brings back memories of 76.

But most of us have to see this crap continuously.

But you are right....I am no great loss, but I am about to leave this board because this is what Crash does...he used to hijack threads with Steelers420 over on the Trib site.

But whatever...it's not a threat...and like I said I am not what you call a super active poster--I just am sick of the Crash way.

It sucks because the day I started seeing his name on here I got a sinking feeling this is what would happen.

Sure enough it did.

brothervad

brother

hawaiiansteel
10-02-2010, 05:46 PM

if Ben were Latino then Goodell would not have suspended him... :stirpot

Crash
10-02-2010, 05:48 PM

if Ben were Latino then Goodell would not have suspended him... :stirpot

:tt2

Chavezz
10-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Crash,

I see you're making your mark on yet another board.

GOOD JOB!

Signed,

People who enjoy watching train wrecks!

hawaiiansteel
10-02-2010, 06:03 PM
http://barista.media2.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/thomas-train-wreck2.jpg

NKySteeler
10-02-2010, 06:15 PM

LoL!.... Now THAT'S just funny!.....

(my daughter used to play with those toys...)

Chavezz
10-02-2010, 06:30 PM

IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!

Whoo-hooooo!

hawaiiansteel
10-02-2010, 06:55 PM

IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!

Whoo-hooooo!

http://sites.google.com/site/boooming/zenquotes/light-tunnel.jpg