PDA

View Full Version : Pouncy and the rookie wall

MicroBioSteel
09-30-2010, 12:24 PM
All this talk about Pouncy versus X has got me thinking a little more in depth about the Steelers starting rookie center. By the end of the season Pouncy will have played the equivalent of almost two years of football straight without a break. My concern is that over the course of the season this will catch up with him and we will see a gradual decrease in his play as all those snaps and all that training for the draft catches up with him. Going against huge 3-4 NT's like Cody week in and week out has to have some effect over the length of the season. Don't get me wrong, I think a worn out Pouncy is probably still better than a fresh Hartwig, but I would not be surprised if we see a little drop off in his play as the season progresses due to fatigue.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2010, 12:32 PM
If Maurkice gets worn out by the end of the season, we'll send him back to Florida to rest and bring in Mike in his place. No one will know the difference, since they look exactly the same. It would be a like an afterschool special twin swap movie. :wink:

birtikidis
09-30-2010, 12:36 PM
If Maurkice gets worn out by the end of the season, we'll send him back to Florida to rest and bring in Mike in his place. No one will know the difference, since they look exactly the same. It would be a like an afterschool special twin swap movie. :wink:
have you seen mike snap the ball?

Oviedo
09-30-2010, 12:59 PM

It is ugggggggggggggly. He has zero future as a pro center

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2010, 01:10 PM

No shotgun formations for sure. :wink:

steelblood
09-30-2010, 02:35 PM
He played at florida. They played about 13 games last season with the SEC championship and Bowl Game. I'd be more worried about the rookie wall in the playoffs.