PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Ravens ... Trap Game?

SteelAbility
09-30-2010, 07:51 AM
:P

How's that for confident and cocky?

Seriously, I am most interested to see how many points our D can limit them to. I am worried about Boldin. The 10 yard cushions :stirpot + a good possession receiver can spell way more time on the field for the D than I would like.

TD386Steel
09-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Ha ha. They have the weapons. The injury to Rice wont hurt and I know I can count on Flacco :wink:

flippy
09-30-2010, 08:24 AM
The Ravens don't have a legit deep threat that can stretch the field. So the field will shrink for our D and I expect us to dominate them.

Boldin is a great possession guy who can run after the catch. We just have to tackle him. Our Defense is perfect against him.

I'm looking forward to see what we can do on offense. I'm most excited about seeing Hotel destroying Ravens. It'll be a big test for Pouncey. Hopefully Legs can solidify his starting spot.

Woooooooo!!!! This is gonna be fun!!!!! Let's lace em up and go!!!!!

Stewie
09-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Has Legs been named the starter???

flippy
09-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Has Legs been named the starter???

Not that I'm aware. But he has to be. He just looks to have so much more potential. Plus Essex is a better swing backup because he can play tackle or guard.

AngryAsian
09-30-2010, 08:39 AM
The only reason Boldin got 3 TDs last week because it was against the stains. He's going to get lit up if he tries to come down the middle... just ask Wes Welker. This game is always so physical on both sides of the ball. Too bad Ed Reed isn't here to attest to that very painful fact. I predict punishment will be dealt out by the men in Black and Gold. Can't wait.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-30-2010, 09:17 AM
AA is right. They were talking about that game on Sirius and said to of Bolden's TDs were blown assignments. Not taking anything away from Bolden...He is a baller. However, give them the cusion so many hate. Dare them to throw quick. Flacco doesn't have the patience to do that all day. He will hold the ball and wait for a later read. Woodley & Harrison will see to that mistake.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I worry that we may overlook these Ravens because we are looking forward to that always tough matchup against "Bye" next week. :wink:

SteelAbility
09-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I worry that we may overlook these Ravens because we are looking forward to that always tough matchup against "Bye" next week. :wink:

I was thinking the we might look ahead to the Browns. They did beat us the last time we played, you know. :P

Starlifter
09-30-2010, 12:00 PM
I think our defense will dominate the ravens O and flacco is in for a long day. The question mark and deciding factor will certainly be how well charlie does against the rats. I KNOW Flacco will struggle. I'm not sure about charlie. that's why I think we have the edge and win the game.

ikestops85
09-30-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm not worried about their offense against our defense. I'm worried about our offense against their defense. Recent history shows we do not run well against these guys. I don't care who we had in the backfield (FWP or Mendy) they generally get stuffed.

I don't know if the line has had enough time to gel to be able to handle these guys but it sure is exciting thinking about it. About the only thing I do know is come 4th quarter my stomach will be in knots and my blood pressure through the roof.

Steeler Football ... gotta love it!! :Cheers

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Pittsburgh 4, Baltimore 2. :P

Djfan
09-30-2010, 02:49 PM
It will be a fun day for our passing game. I just can't see anyone there who can worry Wallace. This will open up the Heath Miller/Hines Ward show. I bet we own their offense, match them on special teams, and light them up with our passing game.

I'm calling it at 24-10. Honestly.

grotonsteel
09-30-2010, 02:56 PM
I had this game in Loss column nut if Defense plays well i think Steelers will win 17-10.

Mendy rushing for 140 yards and 1 TD against Ravens D. Redman getting 1 TD.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Pittsburgh 4, Baltimore 2. :P

So...You think it will be a shoot-out? :wink:

I think a defensive TD or ST TD is what wins it for the Steelers. Just a gut feeling. It will be a win ugly. I don't think Arians has the same confidence in Batch against the Ravens as he did against the Bucs. I hope the hell I am wrong and they take chances off of playaction. It's just hard to get set up against the Ravens run blitz off of playaction and challenge them vertically. I hope the run game is firing on all cylinders by game 4 and there will be no need. You can see the OL getting a swagger and I hope that doesn't change.

frankthetank1
09-30-2010, 04:58 PM
roddy white had a big day against the D but he didnt have any TD's and thats all that matters. i dont think flacco is as good as ryan but boldin and white are pretty similar WR's. the 10 yard cushion's are fine with me. bend but dont break, pressure flacco. its a great system and it works all the time when executed. if the ravens were smart they would give mclain more carries than mcgayhe if rice is hurt. mclain worries me a lot more than willis does.

Sugar
09-30-2010, 05:07 PM
We won last week and weren't as good as our press. The Ravens won last week and weren't as bad as theirs. The big thing to me is how well we protect Charlie. Their front 7 is pretty mean. If he gets some time he can torch these guys, IMO.

If that happens we may be able to get some yards on the ground by getting them back on their heels. Here's to that happening! :Cheers

:ratsuck

sentinel33
09-30-2010, 05:15 PM
curious who they are gonna use to spell Big Snack since Hoke is out...

focosteeler
09-30-2010, 05:42 PM
werent they putting ziggy in at NT during camp?

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2010, 06:20 PM
werent they putting ziggy in at NT during camp?

Yeah, probably a little bit of Ziggy and a little bit of Eason. Those two guys will be in charge of rotating into all 3 DL positions this week.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2010, 06:21 PM
roddy white had a big day against the D but he didnt have any TD's and thats all that matters. i dont think flacco is as good as ryan but boldin and white are pretty similar WR's. the 10 yard cushion's are fine with me. bend but dont break, pressure flacco. its a great system and it works all the time when executed. if the ravens were smart they would give mclain more carries than mcgayhe if rice is hurt. mclain worries me a lot more than willis does.

:Agree

Last week, Blount had more success than Cadillac.

Similarly, I would expect McClain to have more success than McGahee.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-01-2010, 08:45 AM
A normal game against the Ravens with Ben out because of injuries...I would be more concerned. I felt more pressure last year with Dixon starting. I just get the feel this is personal to this football team especially this defense. They were written off without Ben and if there is one thing Steeler teams have is pride. Everyone of those players on the field know their accomplishments are because of each other. There is nobody who makes the steelers. This team wants to put a big F U on the board to everyone who counted them out. Now, they stand behind BB, but they also want to show him "We are the Pittsburgh Steelers...Remember That!" I'm siding with HEART in this one Boys & Girls.

Slapstick
10-01-2010, 10:19 AM
roddy white had a big day against the D

Roddy White had a lot of catches against the D, but that, to me, does not necessarily mean that he had a big day...he averaged 8.5 YpC...

If the Steelers can hold Boldin to 8.5 YpC and no TDs, that will be huge...

BDESteel
10-01-2010, 04:45 PM
A normal game against the Ravens with Ben out because of injuries...I would be more concerned. I felt more pressure last year with Dixon starting. I just get the feel this is personal to this football team especially this defense. They were written off without Ben and if there is one thing Steeler teams have is pride. Everyone of those players on the field know their accomplishments are because of each other. There is nobody who makes the steelers. This team wants to put a big F U on the board to everyone who counted them out. Now, they stand behind BB, but they also want to show him "We are the Pittsburgh Steelers...Remember That!" I'm siding with HEART in this one Boys & Girls.

:Cheers I concur. I think with the awesome play of our O-line and the surprisingly good calls of BB (Big Bruce), we are set to kick some Ratbird tail this weekend. The defense playing lights out is a given to me, and the special teams need to be real special. Not that we need to have another trick play for a TD but consistently good field position for us and generally poor field position for them will be nice.