PDA

View Full Version : Rats Release Trevor Pryce!!

Slapstick
09-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Sign him! :ratsuck

Crash
09-29-2010, 05:59 PM
I would with Hoke out.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Mebbe pick us up a little inside information on the Rats (they've done the same to us a few times, haven't they)?

steelsnis
09-29-2010, 07:34 PM
"F" that guy...

He was the one shooting his mouth off a few years back after Harrison had like 6 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in a Monday night game vs. the Ravens. He was like, "some little guy was out there having a career game...he'll never do anything like that again..."

"F" him...

SteelAbility
09-30-2010, 06:37 AM
"F" that guy...

He was the one shooting his mouth off a few years back after Harrison had like 6 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in a Monday night game vs. the Ravens. He was like, "some little guy was out there having a career game...he'll never do anything like that again..."

"F" him...

Pryce was right. He hasn't done that again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But he did win DPOY, so I guess that makes up for it. :tt2 :wink:

steelblood
09-30-2010, 07:54 AM
This is an odd move. Corey Redding the DE that starts in front of Price is banged up (concussion, I believe). Who else did they sign?

Well, I guess this seals it. Mt. Cody will be active for his first game against us. Pouncey needed a lot of help to block him in college.

We will go two TE's or with a FB and see a lot of Cody or Gregg at NT and Ngata at LDE. That will be a challenge to run right against.

steelblood
09-30-2010, 08:08 AM
I would with Hoke out.

Trevor Pryce is light for a 3-4 DE, how is he going to help at NT?

flippy
09-30-2010, 08:16 AM
"Who's Trevor Pryce?" - James Harrison

ikestops85
09-30-2010, 11:53 AM
"F" that guy...

"F" him...

For some reason I thought it was Bart Scott who said all of that. It doesn't matter ... I like our D-line the way it is.

birtikidis
09-30-2010, 11:57 AM
This is an odd move. Corey Redding the DE that starts in front of Price is banged up (concussion, I believe). Who else did they sign?

Well, I guess this seals it. Mt. Cody will be active for his first game against us. Pouncey needed a lot of help to block him in college.

We will go two TE's or with a FB and see a lot of Cody or Gregg at NT and Ngata at LDE. That will be a challenge to run right against.
umm no he didn't. Pouncey owned Cody all throughout his career.

grotonsteel
09-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Suggs said Trevor Pryce signed with JETS........

Good he is out of AFC North.....

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2010, 01:15 PM

But we still play the Jets in December at Heinz.

Not that it matters, though. Pryce hasn't been any good since 2006 (he's kinda like Carson Palmer in that respect). :lol:

hawaiiansteel
09-30-2010, 03:38 PM

yes, Pryce is now reunited with his old coach Rex Ryan...

Jets foil Ravens' plans, sign free-agent DE Pryce

Defensive end Trevor Pryce, who was released by the Baltimore Ravens on Wednesday to clear a roster spot, has signed with the New York Jets, according to a league source.

Pryce played for Jets coach Rex Ryan when Ryan was the defensive coordinator in Baltimore. The Ravens were very hopeful of re-signing Pryce next week.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh spoke strongly Wednesday about his desire to retain Pryce, and several Ravens players spoke of his return for Week 5 as if it were a done deal.

Pryce's locker in Baltimore remained intact on Wednesday. The Ravens released him to make room for safety Ken Hamlin, who was cut last week, on the 53-man roster.

At this stage of his career, Pryce was a situational rotation player on the Ravens defensive line. The Jets have suffered injuries to several players in their front seven, and they have given up more yards than Ryan would like.

Pryce knows the Jets' system well from his time with Ryan, and the 14-year veteran was a standout for the Ravens a few years back under him, getting 13 sacks in 2006.

NFL.com

Oviedo
09-30-2010, 04:08 PM

yes, Pryce is now reunited with his old coach Rex Ryan...

Jets foil Ravens' plans, sign free-agent DE Pryce

Defensive end Trevor Pryce, who was released by the Baltimore Ravens on Wednesday to clear a roster spot, has signed with the New York Jets, according to a league source.

Pryce played for Jets coach Rex Ryan when Ryan was the defensive coordinator in Baltimore. The Ravens were very hopeful of re-signing Pryce next week.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh spoke strongly Wednesday about his desire to retain Pryce, and several Ravens players spoke of his return for Week 5 as if it were a done deal.

Pryce's locker in Baltimore remained intact on Wednesday. The Ravens released him to make room for safety Ken Hamlin, who was cut last week, on the 53-man roster.

At this stage of his career, Pryce was a situational rotation player on the Ravens defensive line. The Jets have suffered injuries to several players in their front seven, and they have given up more yards than Ryan would like.

Pryce knows the Jets' system well from his time with Ryan, and the 14-year veteran was a standout for the Ravens a few years back under him, getting 13 sacks in 2006.

NFL.com

I love how Ryan seems to enjoy tweaking the nose of the Ravens.

feltdizz
09-30-2010, 04:25 PM

Owned? They played twice... Pouncey never owned Cody. He was able to hold his ground but he didn't road grade Pouncey in 2009.

Please show some evidence of this if you have it.

birtikidis
09-30-2010, 04:48 PM

Owned? They played twice... Pouncey never owned Cody. He was able to hold his ground but he didn't road grade Pouncey in 2009.

Please show some evidence of this if you have it.
I've been a Gator fan most of my life, and i can tell you that with the hype that cody was getting, pouncey did more than hold his ground.