PDA

View Full Version : Stipulations of Ben's Suspension?

BDESteel
09-29-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm listening to the Joe Bendel show on Fox Radio. He just played an excerpt of Ray Lewis saying he and Big Ben were texting each other just last night about the upcoming game this weekend.

I don't know all the stipulations of Ben's suspension, but I do know there was a lot of absurd things he's not able to do. Is any player contact prohibited or only with Steelers players?

I'd hate to lose Ben for any additional time over something so stupid.

Slapstick
09-29-2010, 03:29 PM
I think that Ben is not allowed to have any contact with Steelers players or coaches regarding football...

I don't think that communication is prohibited, but there are only certain things that can be talked about...

I think Tomlin or Arians could call Ben and encourage him or see how he's holding up, but they couldn't send him tapes of practices or new play diagrams...

kiwi_sarah
09-29-2010, 03:34 PM
I was wondering the same thing.

Here's the thing I saw on yahoo...

Lewis: Steelers QB wishes he could play vs Ravens

By ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports Writer 41 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis knows how badly suspended Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wishes he could play in Sunday’s AFC North rivalry game.

Roethlisberger told him so.

Lewis told Pittsburgh reporters on a conference call Wednesday that he exchanged text messages this week with Roethlisberger, who regrets he can’t play in a game that will decide the division leader.

Roethlisberger’s four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy doesn’t end until next week.

The Ravens (2-1) and Steelers (3-0) have one of the NFL’s strongest rivalries. Lewis said he sent Roethlisberger text messages of encouragement while the league was weighing last spring whether to discipline the quarterback.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raylewis-roethlisberger

How nice to have Ray fkn Lewis in your corner. /sarcasm

Oviedo
09-29-2010, 03:35 PM
I think that Ben is not allowed to have any contact with Steelers players or coaches regarding football...

I don't think that communication is prohibited, but there are only certain things that can be talked about...

I think Tomlin or Arians could call Ben and encourage him or see how he's holding up, but they couldn't send him tapes of practices or new play diagrams...

No football or game specific info is allowed. Talking smack with a murderer is OK.

hawaiiansteel
09-29-2010, 03:40 PM
No football or game specific info is allowed. Talking smack with a murderer is OK.

Ben's Stipulations:

1) keep Little Ben in your pants.

2) talking smack with a murderer is OK with Roger God-ell.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_nXPfVU2dDOw/SlUlieCdh_I/AAAAAAAAAvU/dsYzEqBaV14/s400/ray+lewis.jpg

BDESteel
09-29-2010, 03:59 PM

Ben's Stipulations:

1) keep Little Ben in your pants.

2) talking smack with a murderer is OK with Roger God-ell.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_nXPfVU2dDOw/SlUlieCdh_I/AAAAAAAAAvU/dsYzEqBaV14/s400/ray+lewis.jpg

Dang, Ray looks a lot different now!

I'm just glad Ben didn't do anything to keep him from conducting this freight train that's fixing to run over the Ratbirds and the rest of the league. :tt2 :tt1 :tt2

Steel Life
09-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Rivalry aside...I for one am glad to hear that Ray is in contact with Ben & not taking some sanctimonious position forgetting what he went through. After all, if Ray can re-habilitate his image then it's certainly possible for Ben to become a media-darling again.

God would I love for the Steelers to win the Super Bowl with Ben being the MVP & see Goodell have to hand him the trophy...

focosteeler
09-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Rivalry aside...I for one am glad to hear that Ray is in contact with Ben & not taking some sanctimonious position forgetting what he went through. After all, if Ray can re-habilitate his image then it's certainly possible for Ben to become a media-darling again.

God would I love for the Steelers to win the Super Bowl with Ben being the MVP & see Goodell have to hand him the trophy...

:Agree :Agree :Agree with every word

Crash
09-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Pretty sad that The Great Ray Lewis is making the most sense of all this crap besides me.

SteelAbility
09-30-2010, 06:39 AM

I agree with your points except for the one in green. :wft

I didn't know Ben was EVER a media darling.

Oviedo
09-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Pretty sad that The Great Ray Lewis is making the most sense of all this crap besides me.

Perhaps Terry Bradshaw and some so-called fans should take note.

As I have said all along Ben has an opportunity for redemption. Lewis made the most of his. I think Ben will to.

aggiebones
09-30-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't think Goodell has anything against Ben and they probably have a pretty good relationship right now. For those that didn't think Ben needed to be disciplined, you are loose in the head.
For his own sake and the Steelers, he was headed down a bad road. Since he's been disciplined, now he can go through redemption and be accepted back with all Steeler's fans. I also think the Rooney's, including Dan, were the ones that forced Goodell to suspend him. The Steelers could not suspend him due to the player's union, so they got the league to do it for them. And I think the alternative for the Rooneys may have been to cut him outright, something they didn't want to do. I'm glad they did what they did. It may end up bringing this team very close. They are in a great position going forward, even if they lose this week.

Some of you forget that players, coaches and other players have faaar different relationships that fans to players. I wonder if some of you ever even put on pads and had teammates.
I think a few of you are closet ex-tennis players. lol

ikestops85
09-30-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't think Goodell has anything against Ben and they probably have a pretty good relationship right now. For those that didn't think Ben needed to be disciplined, you are loose in the head.
For his own sake and the Steelers, he was headed down a bad road. Since he's been disciplined, now he can go through redemption and be accepted back with all Steeler's fans. I also think the Rooney's, including Dan, were the ones that forced Goodell to suspend him. The Steelers could not suspend him due to the player's union, so they got the league to do it for them. And I think the alternative for the Rooneys may have been to cut him outright, something they didn't want to do. I'm glad they did what they did. It may end up bringing this team very close. They are in a great position going forward, even if they lose this week.

Some of you forget that players, coaches and other players have faaar different relationships that fans to players. I wonder if some of you ever even put on pads and had teammates.
I think a few of you are closet ex-tennis players. lol

I don't know about football but when I put on that thumbpad before a big marbles tournament it was important to know that your teammates had your back.

:Cheers

aggiebones
09-30-2010, 12:12 PM
I was the marble.

grotonsteel
09-30-2010, 12:29 PM
For his own sake and the Steelers, he was headed down a bad road.

When did single guy banging hoes became headed down a bad road??? It was not as if Big Ben was married and cheating on his wife.

Not sure what wrong did he do. Most of the guys in nightclubs/pick bars do the same thing what Big Ben did.

Crash
09-30-2010, 12:36 PM

So fine him. Have him go through the evaluation that Jeff Reed did.

Goodell had no right to suspend him. Only the Rooney's should have.

Spare me the Rooney's worked with Goodell BS too OK? They had no idea, how many games Ben was getting until it was announced. Where they "worked together" was the off the field steps Ben was to take.

feltdizz
09-30-2010, 12:59 PM

Spare me the Rooney's worked with Goodell BS too OK? They had no idea, how many games Ben was getting until it was announced. Where they "worked together" was the off the field steps Ben was to take.

http://www.giantsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/groundhog_day.gif

Oviedo
09-30-2010, 01:03 PM

:Agree :Agree

siss
09-30-2010, 01:29 PM
In 10 years (Lord willing) Ben is going to retire from football. And he be remembered for two things
1. The tackle
2. How many rings he brings home. (Sidenote: I can't wait for these campaigns: After the stairway to 7 it will be 8 is great, time for 9, after 10 we will do it again)
If he truly changes his life around and is under center for the next 10 years and wins another 3+ rings, then in the grand scheme of things 4 games will be a side note in his career. And he will be better for it.
Yes he got a raw deal. Yes the commish was unfair. Yes it was all about marketing and PR and saving face. And if may very well have to do with the color of his skin, But complaining about it now when he has one game left is just a waist of breathe. But Ben brought it on by putting him self in a bad situation in the first place. Fair or not thats the way it is.

aggiebones
09-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Crash, read the part about the Rooneys inability to suspend him due to union issues, thus getting the league to do it.
Ben in Pittsburgh is a bigger problem that the ROONEYS wanted to nip in the bud and rightfully so.

With Jeff Reed what do you do when he steps out of line too far (not talking about beating up a towel dispenser or shaking pee from his leg on a cop), you cut him. He's got 1 strike left and I think everyone knows that, including hopefully Reed. And he will be cut if he steps out of line again. Holmes beat the hell out of the line for years dating back to college, not just the pot stuff and he was shipped out. But Ben is a Super Bowl caliber QB. You try to reel him back in and then if that doesn't work, you ship him out of town. That's what they are doing.
See what happens to Ben if he blurs the line with another college girl or something similar to his recent activity. He'll be gone and it won't have anything to do with the league. The Steelers won't care what the league does to him cause he won't be a Steeler. Period.
But I don't think it will go there cause smartly the Rooneys brought him back in line. Doesn't matter what you think happened or what you think they should have done. The Rooneys brought him back in line, the Steelers will be over .500 when he returns and all will fall back in line perfectly.
Frankly, it was played perfectly and it worked out perfectly with a little help and luck and domination from the defense. I'm glad they did it and glad you aren't involved at all with the team other than cheering for specific players that you like.

Crash
09-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Crash, read the part about the Rooneys inability to suspend him due to union issues, thus getting the league to do it.

The Steelers suspended Holmes. Where was the Union?

And enough of the "If Goodell suspends him" Ben can't fight it excuse. Brandon Marshall was suspended 3 games by Goodell. He appealed and got it down to one.

ANYONE who has a brain in their head can't be glad when a player is wrongfully suspended because of his race and racial pressure from media.

aggiebones
09-30-2010, 03:42 PM
OK, you keep riding that racial thing..wrongly per usual with your rants.

Holmes was not suspended by the Steelers...he was deactivated by them. And they paid him.

Crash
09-30-2010, 03:50 PM

I'm sorry, I must have missed where Brandon Underwood and Eric Foster were suspended, when did that happen?

The Steelers did not work with Goodell on the number of games. That was Goodell's call. And Goodell's call ONLY.

feltdizz
09-30-2010, 03:53 PM

The Steelers suspended Holmes. Where was the Union?

And enough of the "If Goodell suspends him" Ben can't fight it excuse. Brandon Marshall was suspended 3 games by Goodell. He appealed and got it down to one.

ANYONE who has a brain in their head can't be glad when a player is wrongfully suspended because of his race and racial pressure from media.

Ben didn't appeal because he is white :roll:

kiwi_sarah
09-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Wow. I'm SO surprised this thread devolved into THIS discussion again. Or not.

aggiebones
09-30-2010, 04:01 PM

I'm sorry, I must have missed where Brandon Underwood and Eric Foster were suspended, when did that happen?

Let me know when Mr. Underwood and Mr. Foster has a second accusation. Did Ben get suspended or even fined for his first one? If they get a second accusation and they don't get suspended, THEN you can draw similarities. Until then they are just on the road to being suspended. I'm not sure how even you can't figure this out by yourself.
If these two morons have also had 2 allegations, then I didn't know about them. I frankly, barely know either of them.

The Steelers did not work with Goodell on the number of games. That was Goodell's call. And Goodell's call ONLY.

And you know this how?
You don't.

aggiebones
09-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Sorry Sarah, but when a guy makes up constant BS, you have to call him on it. Even if it is over and over. Maybe the board administration should say something to him. Otherwise, its me :)

kiwi_sarah
09-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Sorry Sarah, but when a guy makes up constant BS, you have to call him on it. Even if it is over and over. Maybe the board administration should say something to him. Otherwise, its me :)

It's ok - I'm guilty of wasting some time trying to work out if Crash really believes the idiotic things he says. Just so long as you know you might as well be trying to teach Ike Taylor to catch a freaking ball for all the good it'll do. :D

I could start a thread about puppies and Crash could make it about Ben and Ben getting screwed.

Crash
09-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Did Ben get suspended or even fined for his first one?

It's a civil case. Not a criminal case. The PCP has NO GUIDELINES that pertain to a civil case.

If these two morons have also had 2 allegations, then I didn't know about them

Brandon Underwood was accused by TWO WOMEN on the same night.

And you know this how?
You don't.

“From a power perspective, that’s my understanding. He could reduce it if he wants,” said Steeler President Art Rooney II. "But he’s always communicated to us that the suspension wouldn’t be reduced beyond four games.”

Does that sound like an owner who AGREED, and WORKED with Goodell to set the games at 4-6?

JFC they were worried it was going to be 8-10. That's why they traded for Leftwich.

sentinel33
09-30-2010, 05:06 PM
if it wound up being 8-10, i woulda marched on 'em.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2010, 07:03 PM

I've publicly chastized him for hijacking another thread by once again rehashing his maniacal obsession with the commissioner's supposed racial agenda in the "Steelers look scary – and Big Ben hasn’t played" thread and AngryAsian did the same thing in the "Sanchez: now THE MANCHISE" thread (plus AA sent a more detailed follow-up PM to him as well).

That's two Mods warning him about this obsessive posting of the same thing in every thread no matter what the original intent of that thread was initially. It wasn't that long ago that HeHateMe was dragging the board down with his inability to post anything other than the same rant over and over, and he is no longer here. In this case, since "Ben's Suspension" is in the actual title of the thread, he hasn't necessarily hijacked anything, since this thread concerned the suspension from the get-go.

But you can rest assured that the administration here is quite aware of the situation, and Crash should be quite aware of it as well. He should know not to enter Sarah's thread about puppies and start talking about Ben getting screwed.

Crash
09-30-2010, 07:35 PM

I didn't think there was any way that Goodell would suspend him without being charged.

All he did was cave in to racial pressure.

The media runs the league for Goodell.

That's why when people were saying that Vick "suffered enough" he got two games.

That's why when people felt sorry for Plax because of that stupid NY law, he got zero games.

Goodell is nothing more than a jock sniffer who has made the Steelers organization's life a living hell since he took over.

ANY Steeler fan who can condone Goodell's actions over the years to this team? Is a goddamn idiot!

kiwi_sarah
09-30-2010, 07:46 PM
I've publicly chastized him for hijacking another thread by once again rehashing his maniacal obsession with the commissioner's supposed racial agenda in the "Steelers look scary – and Big Ben hasn’t played" thread and AngryAsian did the same thing in the "Sanchez: now THE MANCHISE" thread (plus AA sent a more detailed follow-up PM to him as well).

That's two Mods warning him about this obsessive posting of the same thing in every thread no matter what the original intent of that thread was initially. It wasn't that long ago that HeHateMe was dragging the board down with his inability to post anything other than the same rant over and over, and he is no longer here. In this case, since "Ben's Suspension" is in the actual title of the thread, he hasn't necessarily hijacked anything, since this thread concerned the suspension from the get-go.

But you can rest assured that the administration here is quite aware of the situation, and Crash should be quite aware of it as well. He should know not to enter Sarah's thread about puppies and start talking about Ben getting screwed.

The trap is set. :twisted:

aggiebones
09-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Crash for finality to this for me, Underwood's incident was 1, just with 2 women. I know you realize this.

I don't care what you think about Goodell or Rooney. He deserved and got. It worked out great and Ben will be better for it in the long run. So the ONLY person that isn't gonna benefit from all this is YOU..and the Browns.

You really aren't worth anymore time and you really are dragging this board down with inane badgering with partial facts and partial reality. You try to frame something to look like what it is not. I wonder if I'll be able to recognize you when you return under a new handle.

Crash
10-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Crash for finality to this for me, Underwood's incident was 1, just with 2 women. I know you realize this.

I don't care what you think about Goodell or Rooney. He deserved and got. It worked out great and Ben will be better for it in the long run. So the ONLY person that isn't gonna benefit from all this is YOU..and the Browns.

You really aren't worth anymore time and you really are dragging this board down with inane badgering with partial facts and partial reality. You try to frame something to look like what it is not. I wonder if I'll be able to recognize you when you return under a new handle.

How can an uncharged man deserve suspension when others who are charged, and guilty, get nothing?

I'm all about facts: The facts are Ben was made an example of while convicted criminals and ex-cons are treated better by Roger Goodell.

If you can dispute that? Feel free.

Until then? Shut it.

Oviedo
10-01-2010, 08:20 AM

I didn't think there was any way that Goodell would suspend him without being charged.

All he did was cave in to racial pressure.

The media runs the league for Goodell.

That's why when people were saying that Vick "suffered enough" he got two games.

That's why when people felt sorry for Plax because of that stupid NY law, he got zero games.

Goodell is nothing more than a jock sniffer who has made the Steelers organization's life a living hell since he took over.

ANY Steeler fan who can condone Goodell's actions over the years to this team? Is a goddamn idiot!

Crash--I agree with much of what you say but we are about to close that chapter so let it go. Yes Ben was a scapegoat for Goodlell but lots of more positive things to comment on from here on out.

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 11:11 AM
So if a guy can buy his way out of jail, they should just let it go? No

So you are wrong and you shut it. Money can keep you out of jail, but that's it.

Let me talk slowly AND loudly for you:

He VIOLATED THE PERSONAL CONDUCT RULE multiple times with the same infraction.
It doesn't matter if he was guilty in a court or not. Guilt can be avoided with cash, thus Goodell doesn't use court guilt to establish his reign of terror.

Show the guy that has gotten away with a similar infraction twice without league punishment. You still can't Crash.

grotonsteel
10-01-2010, 11:13 AM

I would never say Big Ben got what he deserved.

Again you can hate Big Ben...i will support him till his NFL career is over...

grotonsteel
10-01-2010, 11:21 AM
So if a guy can buy his way out of jail, they should just let it go? No

So you are wrong and you shut it. Money can keep you out of jail, but that's it.

Let me talk slowly AND loudly for you:

It doesn't matter if he was guilty in a court or not. Guilt can be avoided with cash, thus Goodell doesn't use court guilt to establish his reign of terror.

Show the guy that has gotten away with a similar infraction twice without league punishment. You still can't Crash.

So you are saying Big Ben bought his way out of jail???? Prove it...before making false claims.

To name a few players:
Cedric Benson
Vince Young
Michael Vick
Vincent Jackson
Braylon Edwards

Also are you looking for a pattern in DUI cases??? There is no next time in a DUI. There is always another Donte stallworth waiting to happen.

Again don't want to keep on ranting but carry on with your Ben hate.

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Woooah.
I love Big Ben. And I'm a diehard. But I'm not making any excuses for him. I won't hold ANY hostilities towards him and don't now. Never once did I turn away from Ben, even at the worst. But he needed disciplined and while I was hoping for 2 or 3 games, I'm not in that leadership role.
6 games would have been ridiculous and 4 was harsh, but I don't have the insight on alot of this that Goodell does. I think it was worse than actually reported and Goodell and the Rooneys know the depth of the problem. So I'm OK with it and it seems have shaken Ben into a better life situation. So I have no problem with it. Again, I was worried about being 0-4, but that was for me personally.

Here's to Ben taking back the reigns and guiding this ship for years, including the upcoming Super Bowl.
:tt1

feltdizz
10-01-2010, 11:32 AM
He is about to come back... I really hope the board returns to "normal" and doesn't continue this crusade to prove how he was shafted.

feltdizz
10-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Woooah.
I love Big Ben. And I'm a diehard. But I'm not making any excuses for him. I won't hold ANY hostilities towards him and don't now. Never once did I turn away from Ben, even at the worst. But he needed disciplined and while I was hoping for 2 or 3 games, I'm not in that leadership role.
6 games would have been ridiculous and 4 was harsh, but I don't have the insight on alot of this that Goodell does. I think it was worse than actually reported and Goodell and the Rooneys know the depth of the problem. So I'm OK with it and it seems have shaken Ben into a better life situation. So I have no problem with it. Again, I was worried about being 0-4, but that was for me personally.

Here's to Ben taking back the reigns and guiding this ship for years, including the upcoming Super Bowl.

:Agree

Just because you like a player it doesn't mean you cosign every thing he does.

Crash
10-01-2010, 11:37 AM

What infraction? Do tell.

I think it was worse than actually reported and Goodell and the Rooneys know the depth of the problem.

You think it's worse than reported? Are you aware of how Ben was portrayed?

And you think it's worse?

:Blah

The NFL needs to have no sex clauses in contracts. If having sex in a hotel suite is an "infraction", then the NFL has some serious problems on their hands.

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Cedric Benson
Vince Young
Michael Vick
Vincent Jackson
Braylon Edwards

Vincent Jackson is under suspension after his SECOND DUI.
Vick was suspended before jail and lost MILLIONS from the Falcons.
What did Young really do? Bar fights normally don't warrant much. If he really caved in some guy and finished him off, yes, but let's get real. Plus, it was ONE issue. And I suspect he is on warning.
Edwards is under review as we speak. Not sure about him.

Benson is a weird case, lots of little things that he does seem to escape from and I can't stand him. He was dirty in college too with pot, stealing TVs and stuff, but most was buried by the Austin police.

People make mistakes all the time, DUI is one of them. Its a mark against a guy, but not any worse than rape or other items. And we don't decide how the league handles issues. It appears a 2 big strike or 3 little strike thing.
Three small bar fights = might be a suspension.
2 rape allegations = suspension
1 DUI resulting in death = suspension

Again, we don't cut off hands in this country for things. Leave that to the Middle East. We do punish people when its warranted. Sorry you guys don't agree.

Crash
10-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm sorry a guy's not charged with any crimes doesn't warrant 4 games from Goodell.

Anyone who says it does is an idiot.

Crash
10-01-2010, 11:46 AM
So Vince Young is on video tape in a strip club brawl and it's "What did he really do?"

Okay then.

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Do you have a job with a big company?
Do they have a personal conduct policy?
Look up what it says. It states nothing about being found guilty in court.

Did you know if a guy gets caught burning a piss test for pot, he can get suspended for a second offense?
Wait, he wasn't found guilty in a court of law!
You can keep trying, but you make my point as much as you try to make your own.

It has nothing to do with being guilty in court. Nothing.

I'm still waiting for Crash to find someone in the league that didn't get suspended for 2 similar run ins with the law.
Come on Crash, find it before making complaints. Don't come back with a one sentence reply using a half phrase from my comments and run away to hold the conversation.

Find 1 or 2 parallel situations that weren't handle by the league. I might concede Benson though bar fights aren't really a big deal to most unless they are a total pummeling. Certainly not a 1 punch scrum.

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 11:49 AM
TWO Crash.

Can you f'ing count to TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 11:50 AM
OK, so you throw up your hands and call me an idiot.

You are blind my son.

Crash
10-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Brandon Underwood was accused twice.

That was easy.

Now show me ONE PLAYER besides Ben, who was suspended after an ACCUSATION of rape?

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 11:52 AM
A quote about why VY wasn't suspended:

"Despite a rocky career, Young had not previously violated the NFL's personal conduct policy, perhaps buying him some leeway. "

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Nice try with Underwood and its clear with that as your choice, you CANNOT find an example.

Go home and scratch your head some more. The example isn't there.

ikestops85
10-01-2010, 11:54 AM
In 10 years (Lord willing) Ben is going to retire from football. And he be remembered for two things
1. The tackle
2. How many rings he brings home. (Sidenote: I can't wait for these campaigns: After the stairway to 7 it will be 8 is great, time for 9, after 10 we will do it again)
If he truly changes his life around and is under center for the next 10 years and wins another 3+ rings, then in the grand scheme of things 4 games will be a side note in his career. And he will be better for it.
Yes he got a raw deal. Yes the commish was unfair. Yes it was all about marketing and PR and saving face. And if may very well have to do with the color of his skin, But complaining about it now when he has one game left is just a waist of breathe. But Ben brought it on by putting him self in a bad situation in the first place. Fair or not thats the way it is.

+1 siss

I agree that Ben got screwed by the Commissioner AND to a certain extent the Rooney's. I know I am in the minority on the Rooney bit but that is what I believe. Anyway, the suspension is about over so I do think it is time to put it away.

However, if anyone asks my opinion on Goodell I will have no qualms expressing what an arsehole I think he is.

grotonsteel
10-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Woooah.

Again it should be about what he does on the field not off the field unless he is breaking any laws which Big Ben did not do it.

feltdizz
10-01-2010, 11:55 AM
I tried to point out the difference between company policy and breaking the law but it was of no use...

Crash and a chosen few want a pound of Goodell's flesh.

Crash
10-01-2010, 11:56 AM

"Despite a rocky career, Young had not previously violated the NFL's personal conduct policy, perhaps buying him some leeway. "

I'm still waiting to find out what violation Ben had, can you tell me?

Underwood was accused by two women, just like Ben.

Why does it matter that they were in the same place?

feltdizz
10-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Woooah.

Again it should be about what he does on the field not off the field unless he is breaking any laws which Big Ben did not do it.

player conduct isn't determined by the police or court. It's determined by the employer. Ben could have appealed but he didn't.

Stop b!tching... it's over.

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Nice try again. You say the same 2 things over and over to escape admitting you can't find a similar player that had 2 incidents that violated the league conduct policy.

Crash
10-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Two different women is just like Ben. So you are telling me it's not just because they were in the same place? If the second women would have been a block away and a day later it's then two different incidents in your opinion?

Ben is a trailblazer, the only guy in NFL history to be suspended for consensual sex in a hotel suite.

feltdizz
10-01-2010, 12:05 PM

I'm still waiting to find out what violation Ben had, can you tell me?

Underwood was accused by two women, just like Ben.

Why does it matter that they were in the same place?

I think it matters that they were in the same place.

If it was 2 separate woman then maybe you have a case. However, I have no idea who Underwood is....

grotonsteel
10-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Cedric Benson
Vince Young
Michael Vick
Vincent Jackson
Braylon Edwards

Vincent Jackson is under suspension after his SECOND DUI.
Vick was suspended before jail and lost MILLIONS from the Falcons.
What did Young really do? Bar fights normally don't warrant much. If he really caved in some guy and finished him off, yes, but let's get real. Plus, it was ONE issue. And I suspect he is on warning.
Edwards is under review as we speak. Not sure about him.

Benson is a weird case, lots of little things that he does seem to escape from and I can't stand him. He was dirty in college too with pot, stealing TVs and stuff, but most was buried by the Austin police.

People make mistakes all the time, DUI is one of them. Its a mark against a guy, but not any worse than rape or other items. And we don't decide how the league handles issues. It appears a 2 big strike or 3 little strike thing.
Three small bar fights = might be a suspension.
2 rape allegations = suspension
1 DUI resulting in death = suspension

Again, we don't cut off hands in this country for things. Leave that to the Middle East. We do punish people when its warranted. Sorry you guys don't agree.

Small bar fights???? Ask the bouncer in Vegas who is paralyzed for rest of his life in small bar fight which involved Pacman Jones.

Ask Vick's so called buddy who turned against him in dog betting scandal who was conveniently got shot in Vick's b'day party.

Again Ben did not rape that girl. he was accused. Big Difference.

No one accused Edwards of DUI he was guilty. Again are you looking for a pattern in DUI?? If Braylon Edwards next time kill some one when DUI should Roger Goodell take blame for that death??? Because he had a chance to correct that thing first time around and he neglected it looking for apattern. When DUI happens we are talking about other peoples life here.

Well Ben got punished even though he was not guilty. Again what Goodell did works fine in Middle East not in America. Sorry you are not guilty unless proven and it holds true in every big corporation.

You cannot simply fire anyone based on allegations. You need to prove it.

Again based on allegation if Big Ben got suspended other players need to get suspended too.

Vincent Jackson case is weird. Here is a thing with it, he is planning to sit out whole year because of contract issue. Will his suspension carry over to next year when he would actually play? Hell no.

Crash
10-01-2010, 12:07 PM
So I'll ask you the same thing aggie won't answer: If the second women was a block away and a day later then does Underwood get suspended?

Crash
10-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Vincent Jackson had THREE CONVICTIONS in a court of law.

Ben Roethlisberger got more games than Vince did.

If anyone can tell me how that makes sense, I'd be most interested in hearing it.

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 12:11 PM
nm

Crash
10-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Point is that Crash is trying to hold the league to some great double standard, but there really isn't one.

Name another player suspended for an ACCUSATION of sexual assault?

Good day.

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Show me someone accused twice of the same thing since Goodell's been in office.

Good day to you.

Crash
10-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Show me someone accused twice of the same thing since Goodell's been in office.

Good day to you.

Brandon Underwood. Two women.

Where they are shouldn't matter. It's 2 women.

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Nice try. lol
Two hookers tried to rob him. But run with that if its all you got!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4030 ... al-assault (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/403000-green-bays-underwood-will-not-be-charged-with-sexual-assault)

Brandon Underwood will likely not be charged with sexual assault. The women involved are known prostitutes and apparently solicited Underwood and tried to rob him.

BDESteel
10-01-2010, 12:34 PM
DEEZAM !! And all I wanted to know was did Ben screw himself by communicating with another player in the NFL?

Rape and sexual assault IMO are the most heinous crimes that exist next to murder and anything involving a child. I believe Ben was up to no good whether he was arrested or not and deserved to be disciplined by the league. Was he made an example of by Goodell because he’s white? Maybe.

The truth of the matter is, this stuff has been talked about ad nauseum. This thread should have died with my last reply on page one.

It’s friggin Raven’s week! I’m sure there’s a million Steelers v Ravens topics that could explode on this page yet we decide to bicker over something that’s about to become a moot point in just two more days!

If anything, this thread should have morphed into why the hell is Ben confiding in someone who has pledged and implored his teammates to take his head off on Sundays.

With all the dirty after the whistle pile driving Ravens’ players have done, all at the request and satisfaction of Ray Lewis, you’d think Ben could find someone, anyone rather than that guy. Now you’ve got people on Steelers’ radio talking about how nice Ray Ray really is. AND IT’S RAVENS’ WEEK!

That Sht burns me up! :evil: :evil: :evil:
If you ain't a Steeler, you ain't Sht! :wink: :ratsuck

Crash
10-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Nice try. lol
Two hookers tried to rob him. But run with that if its all you got!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4030 ... al-assault (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/403000-green-bays-underwood-will-not-be-charged-with-sexual-assault)

Brandon Underwood will likely not be charged with sexual assault. The women involved are known prostitutes and apparently solicited Underwood and tried to rob him.

And McNulty trying to blackmail Harrah's before she filed her lawsuit?

Underwood was ACCUSED, in Goodell's world that's all it takes.

He should sit too.

Crash
10-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Underwood met the women at Cruisin' Chubby's, a gentlemen's club, and solicited one of them to come back to his room

And that differs from Ben and McNulty, how?

It doesn't other than Ben was at a hotel and not a condo.

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 12:40 PM
I apologize to everyone annoyed by this. I'm just trying to keep it here, hoping he doesn't ruin EVERY thread like he's been doing with this tripe.

He clearly has no leg to stand on outside of 1 guy being robbed by 2 hookers, yet he won't let go. lol Its sad really.

Crash
10-01-2010, 12:45 PM
He invited her to the condo.

Ben invited her to his room.

They robbed Underwood.

McNulty demanded money from Harrah's before she filed her bogus lawsuit.

They were then both accused.

It's the same goddamn thing.

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Yep, that's why if Ben had behaved a bit better in Georgia, he wouldn't have ever been suspended. And thanks for making my point about why a 1 night incident can receive the benefit of the doubt. Do you believe 2 theiving hookers or Underwood? Do you believe Ben or the McNulty. Doesn't matter, you get benefit of the doubt in these situations.
So adding Georgia to his resume is what did it. He lost benefit of the doubt with NFL PERSONAL CONDUCT rules.

Crash
10-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Yep, that's why if Ben had behaved a bit better in Georgia, he wouldn't have ever been suspended.

What did Ben do wrong in Georgia? Drink alcohol?

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Yep, keep trying that angle. The ignorance angle is all you have left.

NFL CONDUCT POLICY.

grotonsteel
10-01-2010, 12:58 PM
If anything, this thread should have morphed into why the hell is Ben confiding in someone who has pledged and implored his teammates to take his head off on Sundays.

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"

-- Michael Corleone

when Godfather says somethin ...its important... :wink: :twisted:

Crash
10-01-2010, 12:58 PM
And again, what's the bad conduct? Drinking?

If whores are allowed to run the league Goodell has serious problems.

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 01:00 PM

NFL CONDUCT POLICY.

Crash
10-01-2010, 01:00 PM

Ever see Wyle E. Coyote and the Sheepdog?

It's sad really when Ray Lewis and Charles Barkley are making the most sense out of this whole situation.

Crash
10-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Ben's conduct was so bad in Georgia that DA Bright stated they didn't even have probable cause for an arrest.

grotonsteel
10-01-2010, 01:04 PM

NFL CONDUCT POLICY.

No harm in having NFL CONDUCT POLICY...but one can't pick and choose players to apply it.

Goodell is a FAILURE as a commish.....

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 01:04 PM
I find it humorous that you conceded the point about Goodell being inconsistent, then just ran off with you ball yelling, "I'm not one, you are."

Concede the point that you can't find ONE inconsistency in Goodell's policy.

Where is the player that twice violated the League Conduct Policy and didn't get suspended?

There isn't one. Case closed.

Crash
10-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Where is the player that twice violated the League Conduct Policy and didn't get suspended?

Shaun Rogers:

Accused of sexual assault? No suspension.

Plead guilty to a crime after the gun in the airport? No suspension.

Cedric Benson has been arrested three times. No suspensions.

That's two.

grotonsteel
10-01-2010, 01:11 PM
I find it humorous that you conceded the point about Goodell being inconsistent, then just ran off with you ball yelling, "I'm not one, you are."

Concede the point that you can't find ONE inconsistency in Goodell's policy.

There isn't one. Case closed.

Why do you think Big Ben violated League Conduct Policy twice??? He was never charged.

Or do you think having sex is violating League Conduct Policy???

Big Ben's two cases are completely different. Don't group them into one.

Ben got suspended because his name came in 6 o'clock news and i am not sure why is that violation of League Conduct Policy??

Crash
10-01-2010, 01:14 PM
If aggie followed this crap he would know that McNulty is a loon. The Ben case will be tied up for years, and she knows it, so she filed a NEW LAWSUIT in July against Harrah's in another attempt to get a pay day from them.

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 01:20 PM
NFL Conduct policy is not predicated on being charged.

The incidence obviously have to be during Goodell's charge since he instituted this. You can't go back before he took office. Unless he talked to these players previously about past conduct, which he likely didn't.
No it will have to be stuff from 2006 onward.
And frankly, Benson needs thrown out of the league if you ask me.

Where's my unsuspended double jeopardy man?

Crash
10-01-2010, 01:21 PM
And frankly, Benson needs thrown out of the league if you ask me.

Why? You said there is no instance of a player who twice violated the policy and not be suspended.

So why should Benson be denied the chance to play?

You aren't making sense here.

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 01:23 PM
I don't like him, but I don't make the rules. My opinion doesn't matter.
Just the facts man.
And you haven't found a legit example yet dude. Keep focusing on the flaw of your argument.

Crash
10-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Cedric Benson has been arrested three times since Goodell took over.

No suspensions.

You lose.

Shaun Rogers was accused of sexual assault in 2007, and then he plead guilty this year to gun charges since Goodell took over.

You lose again aggie.

Crash
10-01-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm still waiting to find out how exactly Ben violated the policy?

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Let me ask you this.
If Ben did the exact same thing that he did in Georgia, EVERY NIGHT, would that be OK with you?

Crash
10-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Let me ask you this.
If Ben did the exact same thing that he did in Georgia, EVERY NIGHT, would that be OK with you?

Drinking alcohol and flirting isn't a crime aggie.

Charge him with a crime, then talk.

Can you please explain to me how Shaun Rogers and Cedric Benson haven't violated the policy numerous times as you claim, and Ben Roethlisberger has?

Appreciate it.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Question for anyone.......

Ben is in Nevada doing a charity golf tournament.

While there he invites a hotel employee to his room and bangs her.

Said employee is giddy about this for months and tells her friends about it repeatedly while making such remarks about hoping that she is pregnant. In the meantime he wants nothing to do with her.

She files a lawsuit. Lawsuit becomes news and public now knows that Ben is the kind of guy who will sleep with a chick then pretend the next day that she doesn't exist. Story becomes national.

Please now tell me where the expected code of conduct is violated....because it is not a written set of rules that players are required to abide by, it is an arbitrary policy that is governed by the commish.

(A) Is it that he is a man whore and that is a violation?
(B) Is it that he was simply accused?
(C) Is it because he made headlines?
(D) Is it because Rog examined the evidence and decided that he is guilty of rape?
(E) Did he break hotel policy and that is bad because the NFL uses a lot of hotels?

I'd like to know because without this alleged first incident then there is no repeated offense.....which is suspect in itself as well.

For the record, my guess is (C)

Crash
10-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Can we add a none of the above option?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Can we add a none of the above option?

Ah...but the question is not why should he be suspended...but why was he.

IMO he was suspended because he made louder headlines than the others. So, essentially, he was suspended by the execs at ESPN.

Slapstick
10-01-2010, 02:36 PM
That is correct!

Goodell 3:16 - The severity of the punishment is directly proportional to the amount of bad press generated...

or

Goodell 25:17 - I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who will bring bad press upon the NFL shield...and you will know my name is the Lord!!!

Crash
10-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Or, say it right, Ben's white.

Vick got plenty of bad press when this latest shooting went down, a shooting he was questioned in.

Not a peep from Goodell.

grotonsteel
10-01-2010, 02:45 PM
That is correct!

Goodell 3:16 - The severity of the punishment is directly proportional to the amount of bad press generated...

or

Goodell 25:17 - I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who will bring bad press upon the NFL shield...and you will know my name is the Lord!!!

25:17 does not make sense.

Unless NFL markets itself that we have people who are thugs and love to fight in strip clubs at 3:00 AM, beat pregnant women, DUI, smoke weed, have affair with 19 year old cheerleaders.

3:16 is a better option and thats why Goodell FAILS. He is a man without balls.

Slapstick
10-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Or, say it right, Ben's white.

Vick got plenty of bad press when this latest shooting went down, a shooting he was questioned in.

Not a peep from Goodell.

It did not dominate the headlines as Roehtlisberger's story did...the Roethlisberger accusation was a huge story on non-sports outlets...and, of course, all the piling on...

Now, did Roethlisberger dominate those headlines because he's white?

Perhaps...

But, Goodell didn't suspend him because of his race...I believe Goodell would suspend anyone who generated the volume of bad press that Ben did...

Crash
10-01-2010, 02:54 PM
But, Goodell didn't suspend him because of his race...I believe Goodell would suspend anyone who generated the volume of bad press that Ben did...

I don't agree. He didn't suspend Plax, and that was all over the web slap.

feltdizz
10-01-2010, 03:03 PM

Plax is/was in jail... do you really need to hear the word suspension for a guy in jail? Really?

you give the web way too much credit. you keep talking about web post and blog stories like they generate tons of press. Most times you have to provide links to stories because no one knows about them.

Crash
10-01-2010, 03:07 PM

Plax is/was in jail... do you really need to hear the word suspension for a guy in jail? Really?

And when ex-con Plax gets out? He's free to play.

Ex-cons are treated better by Goodell than uncharged players are.

Plax should be suspended if the PCP is the same for all players. Should be a "strike" against him, so if he screws up again, he gets dealt with as a repeat offender.

feltdizz
10-01-2010, 03:14 PM

Plax should be suspended if the PCP is the same for all players. Should be a "strike" against him, so if he screws up again, he gets dealt with as a repeat offender.

he isn't even free yet and you are talking about how easy he has it.

Crash
10-01-2010, 03:17 PM

The MINUTE he's released, he's free to suit up and play.

I'd call that having it easy being an ex-con.

Can't vote, but he can play for Goodell ASAP.

Slapstick
10-01-2010, 03:21 PM

Really?

Did those words come out of Goodell's mouth?

Even Vick served a suspension after his release...

Crash
10-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Really?

Yes. Look it up.

Slapstick
10-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Yes. Look it up.

I see.

So, Goodell declined to suspend Burress because he's not an NFL player...

I buy that...

Crash
10-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Yes. Look it up.

I see.

So, Goodell declined to suspend Burress because he's not an NFL player...

I buy that...

Vick wasn't an NFL player and he was suspended the minute he plead guilty.

Next?

grotonsteel
10-01-2010, 03:39 PM

Really?

2 games???

grotonsteel
10-01-2010, 03:40 PM

Really?

2 games???

Oh Crap that was my 100oth post...fcuk me....i wanted a goodell bashing post as my 1000th post.... :HeadBanger

grotonsteel
10-01-2010, 03:43 PM

Gun carrying players are not tarnishing the shield so Plex will not get any suspension.

If Plex gets suspended if he is released from prison i would be upset. Infact i would not mind Steelers signing Plex once he is released from jail...

feltdizz
10-01-2010, 03:44 PM
maybe Ben should have been so lucky...

aggiebones
10-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Ben's weapon was bigger and grayer.

Slapstick
10-01-2010, 03:57 PM

Next?

But...but...Vick is black? How can that be?

Thanks!!!

feltdizz
10-01-2010, 04:02 PM

Next?

Thanks!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crash
10-01-2010, 04:07 PM

Next?

Thanks!!!

Thanks for what? He's a convicted felon. He should have been suspended.

What's funny though, is that another convicted felon gets nothing, while Ben sits at home.

feltdizz
10-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Ben's at home? I didn't know that. :roll:

brothervad
10-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Ben's at home? I didn't know that. :roll:

He's actually at my old High School Hampton ;)

brothervad