PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez: now THE MANCHISE

AngryAsian
09-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Ben with two Super Bowl rings, Sanchez 0... Now the NY Post is dubbing him "The Manchise."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/lea ... XWiP0kXd3J (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/leavin_his_mark_OC83MAl5YcZYXWiP0kXd3J)

This has to be the dumbest nickname I've ever heard.

Crash
09-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Any mention of his arrest for alleged sexual assault in college?

NJ-STEELER
09-28-2010, 06:50 PM
i thought sanchize was pretty clever

but, this one is stupid

sd steel
09-28-2010, 06:57 PM

Why is it so hard for you to understand that the reason the media has gone after Ben to such a degree is because this happened when he was a huge star, franchise QB face of the Steeler's and one of the biggest white stars of the NFL and a 2 time Super Bowl winner, and he was accused TWICE of similar behavior. Brady, Manning, Brees, Warner, and most other franchise QB's would have received the exact same treatment. He was never found guilty, I get it. But you don't expect people to continue to go after him?

Crash
09-28-2010, 07:09 PM
What treatment did Peyton Manning face when he paid off his accuser in 2003?

What treatment did The Great Ray Lewis face when he paid off the victims families in 2004?

They are two of the most hyped players in NFL history. They both paid people off.

Not a peep about it from the media. The minute TGRL paid off the families of two people who were MURDERED? He should have been suspended at least 8 games.

He got NOTHING.

AngryAsian
09-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Trying to do this diplomatically.... please let's keep the original topic of the thread in mind. Thank you.

sd steel
09-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Sorry...maybe they should call him Dirty Sanchez. :lol:

DukieBoy
09-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Ben with two Super Bowl rings, Sanchez 0... Now the NY Post is dubbing him "The Manchise."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/lea ... XWiP0kXd3J (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/leavin_his_mark_OC83MAl5YcZYXWiP0kXd3J)

This has to be the dumbest nickname I've ever heard.
Snachez? A Manchise?

The Man of Steel
09-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Sorry...maybe they should call him Dirty Sanchez. :lol:
I've been calling him that since his days at USC.

BURGH86STEEL
09-28-2010, 08:06 PM

When I read this, all I could do was laugh :lol: . Dude, let it go. You continue to run into a brick wall. :HeadBanger

Sugar
09-28-2010, 08:10 PM
The NY media is pretty brutal. The higher the guy rises, the worse the fall will be and people love to watch their hero's fall.

AngryAsian
09-28-2010, 08:19 PM
The reason for the shock is that this guy has not accomplished anything... his stats are mediocre at best. But I guess the NY media needs a hero from their team... scary.

DukieBoy
09-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Hey, maybe he'll be the ESPN #4-ELITE-QB-of-the-Week, right behind Peyton, Braydee, and Brees.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Two things about this article made me laugh....probably would have been more but I just skimmed it:

Of course he will throw an interception one of these days. He was lucky he didn't throw two against the Dolphins during Sunday night's 31-23 victory.

Wow, sounds like example of a franchise QB.

But take this one to the bank -- he won't be throwing five interceptions against the Bills anymore.

Wow, they really are setting the bar high for this guy.

Just wait until the next time he loses a game and throws a couple of picks. They will be looking to cut him the way they were after week 1.

aggiebones
09-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Got to get him while he's hot. He's not good enough to avoid big pitfalls.
His personality reminds me alot of Romo. Totally oblivious, then a pressure situation hits them and they'll fold up. Neither will ever be able to run through a serious playoff run unscathed as they will choke when called upon to save them.

Oviedo
09-29-2010, 11:42 AM

Why is it so hard for you to understand that the reason the media has gone after Ben to such a degree is because this happened when he was a huge star, franchise QB face of the Steeler's and one of the biggest white stars of the NFL and a 2 time Super Bowl winner, and he was accused TWICE of similar behavior. Brady, Manning, Brees, Warner, and most other franchise QB's would have received the exact same treatment. He was never found guilty, I get it. But you don't expect people to continue to go after him?

The other QBs would not have received the same treatment because their owners would not had been "good soldiers" and let Goodell make it up as he went. I'll guarantee you that if it was Brady Kraft would not have accepted the punishment and then let the commish ignore Young, Benson, etc. He would have demanded that they get nailed.