PDA

View Full Version : We're #1

Discipline of Steel
09-27-2010, 07:12 PM
...and i dont care what you say about Peter King.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... ek3/1.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/09/26/Week3/1.html)

The Fine Fifteen
1. Pittsburgh (3-0). OK, Charlie Batch. You knocked off the Bucs. Now you get the Ravens at the Ketchup Bottle Sunday. That'll be a bit more of a challenge.

2. Green Bay (2-0). Pack has a great chance to be 6-0 going into the first of two Favre Bowls. On tap: at Chicago, Detroit, at Washington, Miami ... and then Minnesota at home in Week 7.

3. Atlanta (2-1). Beat the Super Bowl champs at the Super Bowl champs. Only loss is an overtime loss to the Steelers. Pretty good recipe for success.

4. New Orleans (2-1). Points this year: Saints 63, Foes 58. Something's just not totally right. This is still a very good team, and we'd overlook it probably if an endangered species of a kicker had made a simple 29-yarder. But look at the Saints' next four -- Carolina, at Arizona, at Tampa Bay, Cleveland -- and you can see how they have a shot to recover.

5. Chicago (2-0). How they handle the Packer rush tonight interests me. And how Jay Cutler gets the ball out.

6. Houston (2-1). That four-week suspension to left tackle Duane Brown is going to hurt, and could have been the factor that tipped the scales all Dallas' way. DeMarcus Ware, playing over left-tackle sub Rashad Butler, had three sacks and two more tackles for loss Sunday.

7. Indianapolis (2-1). You know how you always hear quarterbacks say it takes so long to mesh with new receivers and get good chemistry with them? Not Peyton Manning. He pulls undrafted Michigan State free-agent wideout Blair White up from the practice squad and the kid catches three balls for 27 yards, one for a touchdown, in his first game.

8. New York Jets (2-1). Thanks for shaving, Braylon. That beard was hideous. Two signature wins in a row for Gang Green, with a nice contribution from Dustin Keller and others.

9. Philadelphia (2-1). The Eagles' line and defense probably isn't good enough to go deep into January, but we've learned one thing of late: With Vick, all things are possible.

10. Cincinnati (2-1). I remember the days when the Bengals played ugly all the time. So to win ugly, to Cincinnati, is a thing of beauty.

11. Baltimore (2-1). Anquan Boldin (eight for 142 and three touchdowns) has been an All-Pro receiver through his first month in the AFC.

12. Dallas (1-2). I still have no idea what to make of the Cowboys, but they won all phases of a game they had to have at Houston, a team we all thought was top tier.

13. Miami (2-1). You have to make a play, one play, down at the goal line with the game on the line, Chad Henne.

14. Kansas City (3-0). Chiefs are still not a great team, but they do enter October with a two-game lead in the AFC West -- and a tiebreaker game in hand over the Chargers.

15. New England (2-1). I am shocked to be putting Scott Pioli's new team ahead of his old team. But I've watched the Chiefs and Patriots play defense over the last three weeks, and there's no doubt the defense that's played better -- much better -- is Kansas City's. Points allowed per game: Kansas City 12.7, New England 27.3

hellbanger
09-27-2010, 08:15 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... ek3/1.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/09/26/Week3/1.html)

The Fine Fifteen
1. Pittsburgh (3-0). OK, Charlie Batch. You knocked off the Bucs. Now you get the Ravens at the Ketchup Bottle Sunday. That'll be a bit more of a challenge.

2. Green Bay (2-0). Pack has a great chance to be 6-0 going into the first of two Favre Bowls. On tap: at Chicago, Detroit, at Washington, Miami ... and then Minnesota at home in Week 7.

3. Atlanta (2-1). Beat the Super Bowl champs at the Super Bowl champs. Only loss is an overtime loss to the Steelers. Pretty good recipe for success.

4. New Orleans (2-1). Points this year: Saints 63, Foes 58. Something's just not totally right. This is still a very good team, and we'd overlook it probably if an endangered species of a kicker had made a simple 29-yarder. But look at the Saints' next four -- Carolina, at Arizona, at Tampa Bay, Cleveland -- and you can see how they have a shot to recover.

5. Chicago (2-0). How they handle the Packer rush tonight interests me. And how Jay Cutler gets the ball out.

6. Houston (2-1). That four-week suspension to left tackle Duane Brown is going to hurt, and could have been the factor that tipped the scales all Dallas' way. DeMarcus Ware, playing over left-tackle sub Rashad Butler, had three sacks and two more tackles for loss Sunday.

7. Indianapolis (2-1). You know how you always hear quarterbacks say it takes so long to mesh with new receivers and get good chemistry with them? Not Peyton Manning. He pulls undrafted Michigan State free-agent wideout Blair White up from the practice squad and the kid catches three balls for 27 yards, one for a touchdown, in his first game.

8. New York Jets (2-1). Thanks for shaving, Braylon. That beard was hideous. Two signature wins in a row for Gang Green, with a nice contribution from Dustin Keller and others.

9. Philadelphia (2-1). The Eagles' line and defense probably isn't good enough to go deep into January, but we've learned one thing of late: With Vick, all things are possible.

10. Cincinnati (2-1). I remember the days when the Bengals played ugly all the time. So to win ugly, to Cincinnati, is a thing of beauty.

11. Baltimore (2-1). Anquan Boldin (eight for 142 and three touchdowns) has been an All-Pro receiver through his first month in the AFC.

12. Dallas (1-2). I still have no idea what to make of the Cowboys, but they won all phases of a game they had to have at Houston, a team we all thought was top tier.

13. Miami (2-1). You have to make a play, one play, down at the goal line with the game on the line, Chad Henne.

14. Kansas City (3-0). Chiefs are still not a great team, but they do enter October with a two-game lead in the AFC West -- and a tiebreaker game in hand over the Chargers.

15. New England (2-1). I am shocked to be putting Scott Pioli's new team ahead of his old team. But I've watched the Chiefs and Patriots play defense over the last three weeks, and there's no doubt the defense that's played better -- much better -- is Kansas City's. Points allowed per game: Kansas City 12.7, New England 27.3

Like James Harrison said yesterday. We don't want or need the band-wagoners now.

:tt1

Iron Shiek
09-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Whoops. I guess the Packers won't be 6-0 now!

That team has no chance. No running game...shaky defense. That is not a recipe for success.

They have some big names on defense, but don't play cohesive D. Bears had their way in the end of the game.

I say Steelers and ATL are real deal teams. Saints can be but they have some issues of their own. They need a complementary back to go along with Pierre Thomas.

Bears are Packers redux. They can't run, and with Martz running the Offense, they won't run. At some point you gotta run!

Houston and Indy can be as good as their Defenses carry them. Better in hou than indy.

I hate to say it, but if sanchez keeps playing like this, they will be sticking around. LT seems rejuvenated. They will definitely prove me wrong.

Then of course, between Cincy and Rats, one of those teams will be around.

Philly is the only other team on that list that has a chance to compete. Lets see a bit more from Vick and against a decent defensive team. But so far so good.

Recap my current contenders: Steelers/Houston/Cincy/Rats/Jets and ATL/Philly (and as much as i hate to say it I will throw Dallas in here, their issues aren't terribly huge to overcome. I'm sure they can run the ball if they assert themselves. Got some good rb depth and good D and can pass when needed).

sd steel
09-28-2010, 12:02 AM

The Fine Fifteen

Like James Harrison said yesterday. We don't want or need the band-wagoners now.

:tt1
Peter King picked us to win the Super Bowl ....not really a bandwagoner so to speak.

Crash
09-28-2010, 12:04 AM
King's a clown, he proclaimed Charlie Batch as "The quarterback America is rooting for".

An obvious dig at Ben's off field crap, while ignoring Batch's own past.

brothervad
09-28-2010, 12:41 AM
Crash...all he was doing was pointing out the fact that there are a lot of folks out there that don't like Ben.

I imagine the majority of NFL fans don't like Ben.

While the Steeler nation is large it is not over 50% of the total fan base of the NFL.

and most folks are judgemental regardless of the proof.

We as Steeler fans nuke other teams who have "player" issues.

Not everyone is blind to that fact...

You just want it to be that way so you can complain...keep carrying that cross for Ben, Crash.

brothervad

stlrz d
09-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Crash...all he was doing was pointing out the fact that there are a lot of folks out there that don't like Ben.

I imagine the majority of NFL fans don't like Ben.

While the Steeler nation is large it is not over 50% of the total fan base of the NFL.

and most folks are judgemental regardless of the proof.

We as Steeler fans nuke other teams who have "player" issues.

Not everyone is blind to that fact...

You just want it to be that way so you can complain...keep carrying that cross for Ben, Crash.

brothervad

For the record, you're not speaking on my behalf with that statement. :)

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-28-2010, 08:11 AM
DAM IT! The secrets out!

Crash
09-28-2010, 12:23 PM

No, he was pointing out that America roots for Charlie Batch because he's a good guy.

From the same article below:

Batch tries to make his dream last one more week. A month ago, Charlie Batch was the Steelers' fourth quarterback. He faced an uncertain future, even with Roethlisberger suspended for the first four weeks, because the Steelers might have chosen to start the season with only Byron Leftwich and Dennis Dixon as quarterbacks, leaving him on the street. One of the most philanthropic players in the league, Batch runs a summer basketball league for the kids in the hardscrabble, gang-ridden area of town where he grew up, trying to keep kids from meeting the same fate his sister met in 1997 -- when she was murdered as an innocent bystander in the crossfire between rival gangs.

This was also from an earlier King piece below:

Before I get to the Cutdown weekend news, I want to focus on Pittsburgh for a few paragraphs. Yes, the Steelers. A certain someone's Super Bowl pick. In the wake of the team's preseason game Thursday, and the injury to presumptive starting quarterback Byron Leftwich, and the four-game suspension Ben Roethlisberger begins today, there might just be a little hometown-boy-makes-very-good fairy tale being written.
It's possible Steelers coach Mike Tomlin might play 35-year-old Charlie Batch at quarterback in the opener against Atlanta, or in one of the other three games before Roethlisberger returns to face Cleveland on Oct. 17. Or Tomlin could choose the electric but erratic Dennis Dixon to play some or all of the four games. Whatever, Batch will report for practice today without an idea what the immediate future holds for him.
"I don't know anything,'' he said over the weekend. "But I've thought about what it would be like to have that chance. It would be wonderful. I grew up here, and I dreamed about being Mark Malone or Walter Abercrombie some day. I thank God every day I wake up a Steeler. I get to put the black and gold on every day. I'm living the dream.''

Batch last started a game on opening day 2006, with Roethlisberger out after an emergency appendectomy. He completed 15 of 25 passes that day, three for touchdowns in a 28-17 victory over the Dolphins. That made him 3-0 as a replacement starter for the Steelers over a two-year period, something Tomlin might consider in deciding whether to start Batch and bring in Dixon as a changeup pitcher. Or he could give the job to Dixon. Neither would be a surprise. But if it's Batch, it would be the football gods saying, "Son, you deserve this.''

In 1996, when Batch was a quarterback at Eastern Michigan, his younger sister, Danyl Settles, was killed in the crossfire between rival gangs in the rough Pittsburgh neighborhood of Homestead, where the family grew up. Batch was drafted by Detroit in 1998 and played there for parts of four seasons. When the Lions let Batch go in 2002, the Steelers signed him as a backup. Knowing he was moving back home, he decided he had to do something about the hopelessness and violence that plagued the neighborhood where he was raised.

He started a summer basketball program for the boys and girls in town. The program began the Monday after school let out and ran until the weekend before football practice began in late July. It was a bridge, in essence, to keep kids with nothing to do off the streets. And there were a couple of wrinkles. Whereas kids in the Steel Valley School District had to have a 2.0 grade-point average to play sports, Batch made it 2.2 -- so kids would know it's a privilege, and not a right, to play in his league. And he coupled educational opportunities with the sport. Batch put computers in his foundation office in Homestead and set up a place for kids to have an after-school program -- in a community with no YMCA or Boys and Girls Club. He partnered with Carnegie Mellon University to begin taking 15 students a summer to the university to work with architecture professors to see if any of the students might have an architectural bent.

This year, 353 boys and girls, from grade school through high school, played in the Batch basketball league. All had the grades to play -- some because Batch is good friends with the high school guidance counselor, who goes to the kids on the borderline at the end of the third term and tells them: No 2.2, no basketball for you this summer.
When I visited Steelers camp in Latrobe, Pa., this summer, Batch told me about all of this, and I said to him, "You could easily be like so many other players -- just take your money, live the good life, buy a house in Boca and move there. Why didn't you do it?''
"Because I never want another family to feel the way my family did,'' Batch said. "Nothing existed there. If the kids have nothing to do, they all go hang out on one block until the cops tell them to move along. Then they just go find another block. They need something to do, something positive. I want them to understand that sports and education can go hand in hand. You've got to be good to be able to do the other.''

Terrelle Pryor, the Ohio State quarterback, was in the program. DeJuan Blair, the San Antonio Spur, was too. But Batch is more excited about the two kids who played who also found out they loved architecture. They're still in high school, and Batch is hoping they have a chance to further their education with academic scholarships.
Batch gives his cell phone out to all the participants in the program -- not so they'll call and ask him who's going to win the Steelers game that week. "I want them to know there's somebody there for them if they need to talk about anything,'' he said. "I get a few calls.''

I hope he gets another one Sunday from Mike Tomlin, telling him he's starting against Atlanta.

Yet NOT ONE MENTION of Batch and Las Vegas.

And that's not right when King's ripping Ben for his accusations while portraying Charlie Batch as a Saint.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
09-28-2010, 12:34 PM
King's a clown, he proclaimed Charlie Batch as "The quarterback America is rooting for".

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2001/Dec-21-Fri-2001/news/17721879.html

A woman filed a lawsuit Thursday accusing four professional football players of drugging and then raping her in a Las Vegas apartment and a Strip hotel room in May 2000.

Detroit Lions quarterback Charlie Batch, Lions safety Ron Rice, Miami Dolphins wide receiver Dedric Ward, and former Lions defensive back Ty Talton, are named as defendants in the lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages in excess of $20,000.

The lawsuit says Lisa Hardin believes a date rape drug was slipped into her drink while she was with the athletes at Mandalay Bay on May 6, 2000. The lawsuit, filed in Clark County District Court, alleges she has fragmented memories of the following hours, but can recall the four players repeatedly raping her, as well as one of them ignoring her pleas to stop.

"I vehemently deny the allegations," Batch said in a statement. "These accusations are just another example of how success in sports makes someone a target. The courts will provide my complete vindication."

feltdizz
09-28-2010, 12:58 PM

you really need to STFU about Batch....or Bettis.. or whoever you think needs to be dragged through the mud because your guy was front page news recently.

Obviously these guys have stayed clean enough that no one cares or even knows about their off field problems. Maybe if you STFU and talked football fans on here would start turning the page with Ben.

Stop trying to turn back the hands of time because you hate the present.

3-0 and all you care about is throwing dirt on Batch...

feltdizz
09-28-2010, 12:59 PM

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2001/Dec-21-Fri-2001/news/17721879.html

A woman filed a lawsuit Thursday accusing four professional football players of drugging and then raping her in a Las Vegas apartment and a Strip hotel room in May 2000.

Detroit Lions quarterback Charlie Batch, Lions safety Ron Rice, Miami Dolphins wide receiver Dedric Ward, and former Lions defensive back Ty Talton, are named as defendants in the lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages in excess of $20,000.

The lawsuit says Lisa Hardin believes a date rape drug was slipped into her drink while she was with the athletes at Mandalay Bay on May 6, 2000. The lawsuit, filed in Clark County District Court, alleges she has fragmented memories of the following hours, but can recall the four players repeatedly raping her, as well as one of them ignoring her pleas to stop.

"I vehemently deny the allegations," Batch said in a statement. "These accusations are just another example of how success in sports makes someone a target. The courts will provide my complete vindication."

Crash
09-28-2010, 01:02 PM
you really need to STFU about Batch....or Bettis.. or whoever you think needs to be dragged through the mud because your guy was front page news recently.

Why? Treat them the same.

Just like Jerome, he wanted Ben suspended, well why didn't he suspend himself? Got into a scuffle at Bobby Dale's in 2001 and the was accused of meeting a broad there and sexualy assaulting her in 2002, an obvious pattern of behavior, right?

By all means I agree with black players and black media, treat everyone the same.

Slapstick
09-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Why do you presume Ben to be innocent, but Batch to be guilty?

Crash
09-28-2010, 01:27 PM

I didn't say Batch was guilty. But his accusation is NEVER mentioned, is it?

I also think their (Batch and Co's) accuser was paid off to drop her suit.

feltdizz
09-28-2010, 04:13 PM

It's been mentioned by you 50 freakin times in the last month...

Why would someone mention Batch's incident? What for? What would it serve? Should Ben become back up QB and change teams so he can have the image Charlie has?

Charlie paid his debt and kept his name out of the news... Ben can do the same if he keeps it clean. But if its up to you it won't matter because people should be able to bring up Ben's accusations for the rest of his career even when he has nothing to do with the story.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
09-28-2010, 04:14 PM

I gotta tell ya, I was in the grip of anger when all this cr@p came down with Ben. Crash makes valid points with regards to the consistency the leauge has shown in handing out punishment. Case in point is the Edwards sham, I mean the guys gets popped for DUI and get a quarter suspension from thre Jets?!?!?! So actually being arrested and charged for a felony is not as bad as being accused and not charged? To the point of Batch it's not that he did or did not do anything but he was accused but never punished, Vince Young, Edwards, Benson, remember Mark Chumura to my knowledge none of these guys got suspended did Leonard Little get anything for KILLING A WOMAN? I can still remember Madded gushing over that douch#bag during the greatest show on turf days. Did Ben make a bad choice h#ll yes he did, but he was not charged or arrested and given the number of players being arrested and not charged the "personel conduct policy" appears to me to be the big gun in dictator goodell's arsenal. You can't suspend a guys because he behaved poorly or displayed poor judgement and then let these dingleberries of with a warning and nothing else, it's a fu#kin sham!

Crash
09-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Why would someone mention Batch's incident? What for? What would it serve?

I think when someone is writing a piece of how much of a great guy Batch supposedly is compared to the evil Ben and they either don't know, or avoid the similar accusation that Batch had? They are making themselves look dumb.

Charlie paid his debt and kept his name out of the news

What debt did Batch pay? He was never suspended, and he's not had his name drug through the mud like Ben's was despite being accused of taking part in a gang rape.

At WORST Batch is a gang bang rapist, at BEST he took part in a consensual gang bang.

But Batch is being portrayed as a hero, and everything that is "right" with today's athlete compared to the evil Ben Roethlisberger.

And that is a freaking joke.

Eddie Spaghetti
09-28-2010, 04:41 PM
At WORST Batch is a gang bang rapist, at BEST he took part in a consensual gang bang.

totally absurd statement.

this is where your credibility suffers. you have no idea what the hell did or did not happen in Las Vegas in 2000. you were not there, know none of the parties, have no basis of fact to speak from.

you're right on the handling of ben by the media in some respects, but you cross so many lines it's hard to take you seriously.

Crash
09-28-2010, 04:57 PM
totally absurd statement.

Las Vegas police Lt. Jeff Carlson said sexual assault detectives interviewed three of the four players during an investigation that lasted from May to mid-August 2000. Carlson said the three players admitted having sex with her.

"But they said it was consensual," the lieutenant said. "The players had pretty consistent stories."

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/ ... 21879.html (http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2001/Dec-21-Fri-2001/news/17721879.html)

You're welcome.

Eddie Spaghetti
09-28-2010, 05:05 PM
exactly where in the room were you when the "gang bang" took place?

where did you sit at the table when they spiked this girls' drink?

you are guilty of the exact same behavior you criticize others for.

Crash
09-28-2010, 05:07 PM
exactly where in the room were you when the "gang bang" took place?

where did you sit at the table when they spiked this girls' drink?

you are guilty of the exact same behavior you criticize others for.

Three players admitted to having what they claim was consensual sex with one women on the same night.

Is that not a gang bang? Even if consensual?

Eddie Spaghetti
09-28-2010, 05:20 PM
who knows. she could have been a pro.

it just seems strange you have the need to defend ben to such a point, where you use the exact same tactics you deride others for. i should have known better to engage in a pissing contest with you on this subject.

hope that cross ain't too heavy brah.

Crash
09-28-2010, 05:29 PM
who knows. she could have been a pro.

it just seems strange you have the need to defend ben to such a point, where you use the exact same tactics you deride others for. i should have known better to engage in a pissing contest with you on this subject.

hope that cross ain't too heavy brah.

I'm all about facts. The players admitted to having sex with her.

If it's consensual, Charlie Batch is a gang banger. Not illegal, but not the brightest thing to be doing.

If it wasn't, Charlie Batch is a gang bang rapist.

The players own words speak for themselves brah.

Discipline of Steel
09-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Steelers are #1!!! :Beer

NJ-STEELER
09-28-2010, 06:13 PM
maybe ben's mistake was not letting willie get a piece of the action in GA.

apparently people forget a multi player sexual assault accusation easier then a lone accusation

Crash
09-28-2010, 06:45 PM
maybe ben's mistake was not letting willie get a piece of the action in GA.

apparently people forget a multi player sexual assault accusation easier then a lone accusation

Yep. Look at the Packers. The first allegation was numerous sexual assaults by more than one player while other players held her down.

Not a peep from the league.

eniparadoxgma
09-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Sweet! Another thread derailed by the monomaniac! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

AngryAsian
09-28-2010, 07:09 PM

The Fine Fifteen

Thought I would re-post DOS' original article. We need to collectively try and discuss the subjects that are brought forth by the original posters... its courtesy. There are threads that discuss Ben's PR issues and that's where these opinions belong. Thanks guys.

Discipline of Steel
09-28-2010, 08:09 PM
It was just over two weeks ago that a preseason poll had us at #17...bottom half of the league behind Washington. The cream rose to the top in a hurry, we are on top of all the polls now! NOBODY imagined that...in fact, one writer was asking who is the more surprising 3-0 team, KC or Us!?! We have been dominating, I just love it :tt1

msp26505
09-28-2010, 08:55 PM
The best thing about the NFL is that the champion is determined on the field...not by some sportswriter.

Not that I am complaining about the Steelers' current position, but let's face it, it means absolutely nothing other than maybe the Steelers can't sneak up on teams.

aggiebones
09-29-2010, 02:03 PM
First, Batch's thing (whatever you've built it into) was before Goodell.
So you can't blame him for inconsistency with regard to Batch. Right? Batch hasn't done anything since he's taken office.

Second, Batch had 1 sexual assault accusation 10 yrs ago. Maybe if he has 2 in a year, he gets a phone call from Goodell.

Third, King is talking up what Batch has done in the Pittsburgh area. These are significant contributions and he needs a pat on the back for it. Maybe when'if Ben does something substantial for someone, he will be rewarded. At this point, he pushed money to certain places, but personally did very little. I suspect in 4-5 years, maybe someone will write a nice article about him. Now however is not that time. Its Batch's time. People always cheer for the old man of the crowd. Ben is finally stepping out of his young arrogant douche phase. So in time, he'll step into that pair of old man shoes and someone might have something nice to say about him.

Fourth, we all know the league is protecting the Shield. They don't really even try to hide it. You listed a bunch of dude's long before Goodell. He's not going to go back and slap Chumura's hand. lol And the media doesn't write stories about backup DTs. Noone cares since noone buys their jerseys, etc. If they step far out of line, they get suspended like Holmes, who last I checked is black. They also burned down Vick pretty hard for dog fighting. The media, everyone. Why? He was a show pony for the league, much like Ben.

You try to make things equal that aren't equal in your arguments. Goodell has reviewed material that you haven't.

Crash, you are stretching things as much as you can to try and fit these things together. And frankly, few here care. Most think your points are tired and loose. You've hijacked a few threads and it's pretty bush league to do that repeatedly. You harp on 2 points constantly and it is making planet Steelers less appealing. Its so obnoxious that I'm starting to believe you are a Browns fan, just trying to wreck out site. Seriously, you have become that bad here.

feltdizz
09-29-2010, 02:38 PM
First, Batch's thing (whatever you've built it into) was before Goodell.
So you can't blame him for inconsistency with regard to Batch. Right? Batch hasn't done anything since he's taken office.

Second, Batch had 1 sexual assault accusation 10 yrs ago. Maybe if he has 2 in a year, he gets a phone call from Goodell.

Third, King is talking up what Batch has done in the Pittsburgh area. These are significant contributions and he needs a pat on the back for it. Maybe when'if Ben does something substantial for someone, he will be rewarded. At this point, he pushed money to certain places, but personally did very little. I suspect in 4-5 years, maybe someone will write a nice article about him. Now however is not that time. Its Batch's time. People always cheer for the old man of the crowd. Ben is finally stepping out of his young arrogant douche phase. So in time, he'll step into that pair of old man shoes and someone might have something nice to say about him.

Fourth, we all know the league is protecting the Shield. They don't really even try to hide it. You listed a bunch of dude's long before Goodell. He's not going to go back and slap Chumura's hand. lol And the media doesn't write stories about backup DTs. Noone cares since noone buys their jerseys, etc. If they step far out of line, they get suspended like Holmes, who last I checked is black. They also burned down Vick pretty hard for dog fighting. The media, everyone. Why? He was a show pony for the league, much like Ben.

You try to make things equal that aren't equal in your arguments. Goodell has reviewed material that you haven't.

Crash, you are stretching things as much as you can to try and fit these things together. And frankly, few here care. Most think your points are tired and loose. You've hijacked a few threads and it's pretty bush league to do that repeatedly. You harp on 2 points constantly and it is making planet Steelers less appealing. Its so obnoxious that I'm starting to believe you are a Browns fan, just trying to wreck out site. Seriously, you have become that bad here.

Damn... I think the mods are starting to care.

Crash is good when he talks football and isn't sipping the RickT smoothies...

anyways... it's funny how the power rankings totally flipped in only 3 weeks. I'm curious to see how quickly they change as soon as we lose a game. Well, IF we lose a game.

Crash
09-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Maybe when'if Ben does something substantial for someone, he will be rewarded. At this point, he pushed money to certain places, but personally did very little.

So who is that guy who visits the Ronald McDonald House and talks to families and who held football camps for kids long before Reno or Georgia?

Ben has done things (Like show up at Batch's annual toy drive for kids) unannounced for years. Just because there isn't a mic and a camera there doesn't mean he hasn't done anything.

That state Trooper was killed? Ben went and saw the family.

Don't hand me crap about before Goodell OK? What about NOW? Underwood? Nothing. Rogers? Nothing. Foster? Nothing. Maueluga? Nothing. Braylon Edwards? Nothing.

But uncharged Ben sits for four weeks.

stlrz d
09-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Maybe when'if Ben does something substantial for someone, he will be rewarded. At this point, he pushed money to certain places, but personally did very little.

So who is that guy who visits the Ronald McDonald House and talks to families and who held football camps for kids long before Reno or Georgia?

Ben has done things (Like show up at Batch's annual toy drive for kids) unannounced for years. Just because there isn't a mic and a camera there doesn't mean he hasn't done anything.

That state Trooper was killed? Ben went and saw the family.

Don't hand me crap about before Goodell OK? What about NOW? Underwood? Nothing. Rogers? Nothing. Foster? Nothing. Maueluga? Nothing. Braylon Edwards? Nothing.

But uncharged Ben sits for four weeks.

You forgot something else he's been doing for a long time now.

http://petfriendly.wordpress.com/2007/1 ... -and-more/ (http://petfriendly.wordpress.com/2007/10/22/the-ben-roethlisberger-foundation-supporting-police-dogs-and-more/)

To my understanding, the foundation continues to do this.

Crash
09-30-2010, 12:06 AM
It does. They awarded grants in Tennessee and Florida the last two weeks.