PDA

View Full Version : Can we just stop this stupid stuff now?

Djfan
09-27-2010, 06:33 PM
If I hear another "Why the Steelers don't need Ben back" topic on TV or radio I will puke.

Heard the discussion from Pittsburgh radio this afternoon, now Brian Billick is about to pontificate about it.

Shut up!

Any questions?

Jooser
09-27-2010, 06:36 PM
SIR, YES SIR!
:D

rpmpit
09-27-2010, 06:37 PM
PTI guys said to leave Batch the starter and bring Ben in off the bench.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But they also said that Tomlin deserves Coach of the Year already. I agree!!

Steelgal
09-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Wow, Batch has a good game against an average defense and he's annointed the starter by the media??? NOrmally Wilbon from PTI is a little smarter than that, but I didn't hear what he said either.

Not that Ben needs any more motivation, but hopefully this will make him want to prove the doubters/media wrong and shut everyone up once and for all. I really hope Ben has learned something from this experience and we don't have any more off-the-field issues with him again.

JAR
09-27-2010, 06:45 PM
PTI guys said to leave Batch the starter and bring Ben in off the bench.

and

But they also said that Tomlin deserves Coach of the Year already. I agree!!

I like how they repeated the fallacy that Ben isn't liked in the locker room. Freaking idiots.

http://imgur.com/fkZfX.jpg
It's RATS week!

aggiebones
09-28-2010, 11:27 AM
I think they should start Batch in game 5.

Give him a 1 play handoff to freak out the other coach in to thinking he gainplanned for the wrong coach.
Then bring in Ben for the rest of the game. You can say its a thank you to the QBs that have stood in for Ben while he's on his sabbatical.

Only problem it will just promote more Booing from the Brown fans when we bring him in.

aggiebones
09-28-2010, 11:31 AM

Give him a 1 play handoff to freak out the other coach in to thinking he gainplanned for the wrong coach.
Then bring in Ben for the rest of the game. You can say its a thank you to the QBs that have stood in for Ben while he's on his sabbatical.

Only problem it will just promote more Booing from the Brown fans when we bring him in.

Crash
09-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Anyone mention Batch and Las Vegas yet?

Oh that's right, he's the QB America is rooting for isn't he?

steelblood
09-28-2010, 11:45 AM
If I hear another "Why the Steelers don't need Ben back" topic on TV or radio I will puke.

Heard the discussion from Pittsburgh radio this afternoon, now Brian Billick is about to pontificate about it.

Shut up!

Any questions?

I know. We need Ben to come back and play a few games well. Then, all of this media circus will die down.

As far as Ben not being well liked in the locker room...
I don't know. That could be true. But, in the end, it doesn't matter if he comes back and leads this team well. By his own admission, Ben has acted immaturely. I think he is ready to grow up.

SteelAbility
09-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Wow, Batch has a good game against an average defense and he's annointed the starter by the media??? NOrmally Wilbon from PTI is a little smarter than that, but I didn't hear what he said either.

Not that Ben needs any more motivation, but hopefully this will make him want to prove the doubters/media wrong and shut everyone up once and for all. I really hope Ben has learned something from this experience and we don't have any more off-the-field issues with him again.

Geez! How many times does he have to do this already ...

17 or so 4thQ come-from-behind-game-winning-drives
Winningest QB in his first 5 seasons (all time)
2 SB Victories in 6 seasons (one requiring conversion with 1st and 90 from his own 10 with about 2 minutes to go)
#6 or 7 in YPA (all time)
26.5 PPG in the playoffs (compared to Manning at 20.5)
Never scored under 21 in the playoffs
In his two playoff losses, we scored 27 and 29 points respectively

proudpittsburgher
09-28-2010, 11:48 AM
I guess I am just totally in disbelief as to how anyone with a brain would choose Batch over Ben, for any reason. I like Charlie, and I wanted him over both DD and Lefty, but how in the heck can anyone rationalize not starting Ben over any of the other three as soon as he is ready to step on the field? It's not like he is coming off an injury or anything like that.

SteelAbility
09-28-2010, 11:52 AM
The counter argument to the "D winning it" is that with Ben, we move the ball better and keep the D fresher for the remainder of the season.

Steelgal
09-28-2010, 12:47 PM

Geez! How many times does he have to do this already ...

17 or so 4thQ come-from-behind-game-winning-drives
Winningest QB in his first 5 seasons (all time)
2 SB Victories in 6 seasons (one requiring conversion with 1st and 90 from his own 10 with about 2 minutes to go)
#6 or 7 in YPA (all time)
26.5 PPG in the playoffs (compared to Manning at 20.5)
Never scored under 21 in the playoffs
In his two playoff losses, we scored 27 and 29 points respectively

You don't have to convince me of anything. I believe he's one of the best in the game. But I'm not sure he'll ever get rid of his 'game manager' title that he got stuck with his rookie season. If the last drive in SB XLIII didn't prove how good he is to some, nothing will though....

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2010, 12:58 PM

Browns fans? Ben's first game back against Cleveland is at Heinz Field.

papillon
09-28-2010, 01:16 PM
I guess I am just totally in disbelief as to how anyone with a brain would choose Batch over Ben, for any reason. I like Charlie, and I wanted him over both DD and Lefty, but how in the heck can anyone rationalize not starting Ben over any of the other three as soon as he is ready to step on the field? It's not like he is coming off an injury or anything like that.

Because the defense and special teams are playing great and most pundits can't get past stage one thinking. In their minds, since, the Steelers are winning and Ben isn't playing that means that the Steelers don't need Ben. Of course, the two events, the Steelers winning and Ben not playing have no relevance to one another, but they would actually have to find an actual cogent thought in their brains to figure that out.

So, we have to listen to the inane ramblings of these mediots until Ben gets back on the field.

Pappy

proudpittsburgher
09-28-2010, 01:21 PM
I actually think I heard Gruden last night saying he thinks that Aaron Rogers is the greatest red zone QB he has ever seen. :shock: And when Steve Young and his sidekick were discussing the QBs last night, they both said that after Manning, Brady and Brees, that Cutler and Rogers were next in line. I'm still waiting to see what they have accomplished other than accumulating stats, and losses. Look, I KNOW I'm a homer, and I KNOW this stuff shouldn't bother me, but :wft

Crash
09-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Steve Young doesn't like Ben because he beat his boy Chumley in SB XL.

proudpittsburgher
09-28-2010, 01:26 PM

Yet, somehow these guy like Young who, despite being former players, add very little in the way of actual instruction, retain their jobs. NFLN is better, but you still have to sit through Marshall Faulk.

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2010, 01:31 PM

http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/albums/16/normal_JAR.jpg

:lol:

Some other favorites from that particular photoshop contest (one of our best, in my opinion):

http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/albums/16/normal_camber1.jpg

http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/albums/16/normal_madrax.jpg

brothervad
09-28-2010, 01:37 PM
You know I think Hines said it best (without quoting him directly)

The NFL should shudder...

Ben has a chip on his shoulder
The Steelers are making good teams look like JV (anyone notice how the Titans and Falcons look against teams not named Pittsburgh)...

I think Ben is gonna try and squeeze 16 games worth of stats in his 12 game season...

Hell is about to reign on the NFL! (and remember I am not a Big Ben's standard bearer...but I know the football player...and fact is I wouldn't want to be an opposing Defense this year).

brothervad

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2010, 01:41 PM
You know I think Hines said it best (without quoting him directly)

The NFL should shudder...

Ben has a chip on his shoulder
The Steelers are making good teams look like JV (anyone notice how the Titans and Falcons look against teams not named Pittsburgh)...

I think Ben is gonna try and squeeze 16 games worth of stats in his 12 game season...

Hell is about to reign on the NFL! (and remember I am not a Big Ben's standard bearer...but I know the football player...and fact is I wouldn't want to be an opposing Defense this year).

brothervad

Please don't use any unleashing Hell analogies this season. We've been through that already, and it was indeed Hell.

Jigawatts
09-28-2010, 01:47 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Browns fans? Ben's first game back against Cleveland is at Heinz Field.

:brownssuck

anger 82&95
09-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Batch is a courageous competitor, but hes simply not as talented as Roethlisberger. Does anyone truly believe Batch could have led the Steelers to two super bowl victories?

feltdizz
09-28-2010, 02:44 PM
I actually think I heard Gruden last night saying he thinks that Aaron Rogers is the greatest red zone QB he has ever seen. :shock: And when Steve Young and his sidekick were discussing the QBs last night, they both said that after Manning, Brady and Brees, that Cutler and Rogers were next in line. I'm still waiting to see what they have accomplished other than accumulating stats, and losses. Look, I KNOW I'm a homer, and I KNOW this stuff shouldn't bother me, but :wft

IT shouldn't bother you... These guys are paid to make the game sound as exciting as possible and they exaggerate all the time. Next week they will find a way to compliment whoever the QB's of the next 2 teams.

proudpittsburgher
09-28-2010, 03:17 PM

IT shouldn't bother you... These guys are paid to make the game sound as exciting as possible and they exaggerate all the time. Next week they will find a way to compliment whoever the QB's of the next 2 teams.

Miami vs New england. I'm sure Henne is already above Ben on the list of elite QBs. :roll:

NJ-STEELER
09-28-2010, 05:02 PM
from his personna and interviews jay cutler appears to be the biggest dooshbag QB in the league by far.

i wonder why we dont hear teammates calling him out. i guess he's lucky hines doesn't play for chicago

proudpittsburgher
09-28-2010, 05:14 PM
from his personna and interviews jay cutler appears to be the biggest dooshbag QB in the league by far.

i wonder why we dont hear teammates calling him out. i guess he's lucky hines doesn't play for chicago

I have heard nothing but what you speak. Even acts like it on the field. If you saw the Lions game, he threw a pick and lost a fumble, the Bears trailed most of the game, then he throws up a losty pass which the receiver makes a great grab on, and Cutler pulls his helmet up on his head as he was walking off the field with this cocky ass look on his face. hes a deuschbag.

Shawn
09-28-2010, 06:47 PM
It's clear to me that it would be wise for the Steelers to bench their franchise future hall of fame QB for Batch. That is sound reasoning and I fully support it. :shock:

feltdizz
09-28-2010, 08:01 PM
It's clear to me that it would be wise for the Steelers to bench their franchise future hall of fame QB for Batch. That is sound reasoning and I fully support it. :shock:

I would bench Ben this Sunday and the last game of the regular season for Batch.