PDA

View Full Version : Jason Worilds and Sly

Farfan
09-27-2010, 12:45 PM
I didn't see the game so, what's your opinion on Worilds and Sly?

RuthlessBurgher
09-27-2010, 12:53 PM
They played mostly on special teams throughout the game, but actually got some P.T. in the actual defense late when it was already 38-6. Sylvester had a sack of Tampa's backup QB Josh Johnson. It looked to me that Worilds was held on a pass rush from Woodley's usual spot, but of course it wasn't called.

Oviedo
09-27-2010, 12:57 PM
They played mostly on special teams throughout the game, but actually got some P.T. in the actual defense late when it was already 38-6. Sylvester had a sack of Tampa's backup QB Josh Johnson. It looked to me that Worilds was held on a pass rush from Woodley's usual spot, but of course it wasn't called.

How could Worilds have had a sack? Isn't he a "reach" and a "bust"? :stirpot

Kid
09-27-2010, 01:00 PM

I think alonzo jackson made a tackle once..........does that mean he was a great draft pick? :wink:

steelblood
09-27-2010, 01:04 PM

I don't remember anyone (who isn't a moron) calling Worilds a bust. What are you talking about?

RuthlessBurgher
09-27-2010, 01:08 PM

I believe it was Sylvester who had the sack. We can go back to calling Worilds a reach and a bust. :wink:

Oviedo
09-27-2010, 01:10 PM

I believe it was Sylvester who had the sack. We can go back to calling Worilds a reach and a bust. :wink:

Boxscore gave the sack to Worilds

But I'm sure he was "soft against the run"

calmkiller
09-27-2010, 01:13 PM

Indeed it did. Seeing it a couple times, looked like a half a sack each. But what do I know.

steelblood
09-27-2010, 01:21 PM

Indeed it did. Seeing it a couple times, looked like a half a sack each. But what do I know.

Worilds was low and got there first. Sly cleaned up the trash going high (and Sly and the tackle obscured our view of Worilds). Worilds ran a twist stunt with Hood on the play and beat the guard with speed.

jj28west
09-27-2010, 06:59 PM
That was a great scene with the Rooks in the game and contributing. The earlier they get actual p time the quicker they get comfortable. The fact that they are seeing the field is a good sign.

Bruce Davis could not even dress up for the games even after a year in the system. I admit I was so wrong about him being the next Jason Taylor.