PDA

View Full Version : Hey Shoe....

drprwnap
09-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Yeah Sepulveda really SUCKS. Only a 60+ yard kick and another one to pin the Bucs deep. What a wasted draft pick. :roll:

SteelAbility
09-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Not sure what the rules are for calling out a poster on this board. I know it was a :nono on the Trib board. But I'm glad you did it. :P When I saw the punt my mind immediately went to the "Sepulveda Sucks" thread.

Here's another argument for why Sep sucks ... only ONE punt v. Tampa Bay. That has to suck. :wink:

Kid
09-27-2010, 10:05 AM
One punt doesn't make a season.

On to a factual note: Sepulveda has punted 14 times for an average on 47.4 yards(nice average). Only 1 of those punts where pinned inside the 20. Sepulveda punted 3 balls into the endzone for touchbacks. So, given 4 opportunities to pin the opponents inside their own 20, Sepulveda failed to do so 3 out of 4 times(75%) or succeeded 1 out of 4 times(25%), however you want to look at it.

Now lets see how our opponents match up: 17 total punts for a 40.0 yards average. Had 0 touchbacks and pinned us inside our own 20 yardline 6 times.

Hmmmm

Slapstick
09-27-2010, 10:21 AM

On to a factual note: Sepulveda has punted 14 times for an average on 47.4 yards(nice average). Only 1 of those punts where pinned inside the 20. Sepulveda punted 3 balls into the endzone for touchbacks. So, given 4 opportunities to pin the opponents inside their own 20, Sepulveda failed to do so 3 out of 4 times(75%) or succeeded 1 out of 4 times(25%), however you want to look at it.

Now lets see how our opponents match up: 17 total punts for a 40.0 yards average. Had 0 touchbacks and pinned us inside our own 20 yardline 6 times.

Hmmmm

On the flipside, three games doesn't make a season either...

Last year, Sepulveda had 29 punts inside the 20 vs 4 touchbacks...

grotonsteel
09-27-2010, 10:23 AM
I will take Sep over Berger any given day..

RuthlessBurgher
09-27-2010, 10:29 AM

Hmmmm

On the flipside, three games doesn't make a season either...

Last year, Sepulveda had 29 punts inside the 20 vs 4 touchbacks...

Correct. Plus, in his rookie year, Sepulveda had 28 punts inside the 20 vs 2 touchbacks.

Some people just have to face the music and admit to themselves that we have a good punter who was a worthy draft pick.

aggiebones
09-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Yea, not sure why people harp on this.
He's a good punter and getting a starting player at another position in that draft spot is probably pretty low. So we used a pick and he has done VERY well outside of the rehabbing. Those touchback versus downed punts ratios are awesome actually, ESPECIALLY considering his average.
I'm not worried about 3 games. I don't remember every punt, some may have been knocked in by the STs player or something. Let's have a full year please.

SteelAbility
09-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Oh, yeah, Sepulveda actually provides good tackling/coverage. He actually has foot speed and athleticism and knows how to force the runner to an unfavorable position if he can't make the tackle.

Kid
09-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Statistically, Sepulveda ranks around the bottom third of the league for average length and around the top third for fewest touchbacks, most punts inside the 20 and most fair catches, for his career.
I assume that the people that are harping are not because he was drafted, but when he was drafted. His, or his type of production could have easily been found much later in the draft.

focosteeler
09-27-2010, 12:21 PM
1 punt for 62 yards....ill take that any day over what Tampa had... 5 punts 29.4 average.

papillon
09-27-2010, 12:43 PM
When you draft a player in the 4th round (I think that's when Sepulveda was drafted) and he has the potential to be on your team and produce for 10 years or more; How is that a bad thing?

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
09-27-2010, 12:50 PM
When you draft a player in the 4th round (I think that's when Sepulveda was drafted) and he has the potential to be on your team and produce for 10 years or more; How is that a bad thing?

Pappy

:Agree

He's been a much better 4th round pick for us than guys like Tony Hills, Ryan McBean, Orien Harris, Fred Gibson, Mattias Nkwenti, and Danny Farmer.

He may not be quite as good of a 4th round pick for us as Willie Colon, Ike Taylor, Larry Foote, Aaron Smith, or Deshea Townsend.

But he's a solid NFL player for us. What more would you expect from a mid-round NFL draft pick?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-27-2010, 02:46 PM

Pappy

But he also cost us a sixth rounder to move up. :wink:

cruzer8
09-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Punts downed inside the 20 depend on the coverage team as well. If a ball hits at the 5 or so and no one is there to down it..........

papillon
09-27-2010, 03:16 PM

Pappy

But he also cost us a sixth rounder to move up. :wink:

And, I wonder who the team that received the 6th rounder drafted with that pick and if he's playing or bagging groceries? :P

Pappy

Slapstick
09-28-2010, 08:44 AM
The Packers drafted Allen Barbre with pick #119 and Desmond Bishop with pick #192...

Barbre is nowhere to be found on the Packers website...Bishop is a backup ILB...

JTP53609
09-28-2010, 10:54 AM
and an athletic punter too, not only can he tackle but he has all the talent in the world to run a successful fake punt at any time...