PDA

View Full Version : I agree with almost all of these comments,

Stewie
09-27-2010, 08:42 AM
especially the one about ARE and the one about the pony backfield.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/09/st ... cap-notes/ (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/09/steelers-beat-buccaneers-38-13-%e2%80%93-game-recap-notes/)

SteelAbility
09-27-2010, 09:39 AM
All except the part about BA calling "another good game." :lol:

Well, technically, if he called one other good game that statement is accurate. So, I guess I can go along with it ... technically.

The other points, I thought, were good.

SteelAbility
09-27-2010, 09:41 AM
I really liked the "trap game my @$$" line ... very funny. :lol:

Stewie
09-27-2010, 11:16 AM

Well, technically, if he called one other good game that statement is accurate. So, I guess I can go along with it ... technically.

That's the assertion with which I disagree also. Right before Batch's second interception, the Steelers were running the ball well, and Tampa Bay's D was sucking air with faraway looks in their eyes. To my military mind, that was the time for double tight ends, a pony backfield, and pounding. We had a big lead, why not eat the clock and impose punishment. Brainovac BA called a pass. Also, there were one or two five wide formations which were, IMHO, contraindicated.

I don't have a big problem with the double reverse as a play, just WHEN it was called. It was called too early in the game, before we had caused their D to overact.

stlrz d
09-27-2010, 10:31 PM

That's the assertion with which I disagree also. Right before Batch's second interception, the Steelers were running the ball well, and Tampa Bay's D was sucking air with faraway looks in their eyes. To my military mind, that was the time for double tight ends, a pony backfield, and pounding. We had a big lead, why not eat the clock and impose punishment. Brainovac BA called a pass. Also, there were one or two five wide formations which were, IMHO, contraindicated.

I don't have a big problem with the double reverse as a play, just WHEN it was called. It was called too early in the game, before we had caused their D to overact.

Or it gets them thinking about it early so later they can fake it and *make* the D over react to it. ;)

Crash
09-27-2010, 10:35 PM
I really liked the "trap game my @$$" line ... very funny. :lol:

He stole that from me:

"Trap game my @ss. Excuses are for losers.

Should they not be paid that week either?"

-Crash September 20 2010