PDA

View Full Version : What a PRO

pick6
09-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Charlie freaking Batch. So you guys thought I was washed up and I wasn't even considered to play while Ben's sits.

Check this guy out. The swag was insane. He was amped out of his mind at one point in the game. He hadn't thrown a meaningful pass in years and then he comes out and goes crazy. That guy understands football on a Yoda type level. His football IQ is increasing as we speak. This will go down as an epic performance in an epic season.

Now we get Baltimore this is going to be fun.

SteelAbility
09-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Charlie freaking Batch. So you guys thought I was washed up and I wasn't even considered to play while Ben's sits.

Check this guy out. The swag was insane. He was amped out of his mind at one point in the game. He hadn't thrown a meaningful pass in years and then he comes out and goes crazy. That guy understands football on a Yoda type level. His football IQ is increasing as we speak. This will go down as an epic performance in an epic season.

Now we get Baltimore this is going to be fun.

Mmmmm, much truth you speak.

Chadman
09-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Hmmm...the Force, strong it is in this one! Much intelligence he does speak, hmmm?

skyhawk
09-27-2010, 06:16 PM
I was VERY glad when I heard he was starting. The same will go for next week v Balt.

proudpittsburgher
09-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Count me in on the Batch love. I wanted him from training camp over DD and lefty.

steelblood
09-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Wait a minute. Where did all of these nerds come from? This is a message board for Heaven's sake! :wink:

Steelgal
09-27-2010, 06:47 PM
This is exactly why I hope when he does retire, he becomes the quarterback coach for the Steelers. He's very well liked by the team and respected by all. He has a great attitude too. Could be a great teacher/mentor for Ben.

DukieBoy
09-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Yeah, Charlie !

fordfixer
09-28-2010, 12:32 AM
Wait a minute. Where did all of these nerds come from? This is a message board for Heaven's sake! :wink:

Location: Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.) hope that answers your question :lol:

brothervad
09-28-2010, 12:36 AM
You know one of the cool moments in the game was when Charlie missed his potential 4th TD pass of the game to Johnson (I think).

He was moving to his right and Johnson was moving to his left in the EZ and Charlie threw it somewhat behind him.

You could tell how much he wanted it! He was jumping up and down like a kid.

I love the guy. (I am sure someone will point out his shortcomings as a human)

I think the guy is a clas act. Never complained, never went to the media, coached the kid up.

I hope this guy is a Steeler QB coach when he decides to hang the cleats up for good.

brothervad

Shawn
09-28-2010, 06:57 AM
I'm very glad I was wrong about Batch. Personally, I have never been a fan nor was I calling for him to start. With that said, I have never been so pleased to be wrong. I watched his arm steadily decline to noodle like levels over the past couple seasons. Where did this new found zip on ball come from? Who knows...and I don't care. Just keep it up for one more game Batch. This could certainly go down in Steeler lore as one the greatest gutsy Steeler QB performances. Not because of the numbers but because he was counted out and how he stepped up when the Steelers needed him.

aggiebones
09-28-2010, 11:12 AM
He's not a 16 game guy anymore.

But I wonder who we would go with now if we get late into the playoffs and Ben goes down. You have 2 games the AFC Title and the Super Bowl left.
Who does Tomlin start if all 3 are still available?

1)Dixon, talent and potential, but maybe not the full package and clearly not ready
2)Leftwich, has had some good games for us, but is not very mobile.
3)Batch, has also won a high percentage of his opportunities for us. He's older, but is he really more brittle than the other two? Hmm, both are already out. Dixon made 1.5 games and Lefty made zero. Only Batch has looked competent enough to get the ball into the endzone. And only Batch plays a bit like Ben. He moves very similar to Ben. While he's obviously not as good and is older than Ben, he would keep an air of familiarity if Ben misses some games. The players would need to alter their games as much as they would with Dixon or Lefty.

I also favor Batch when push comes to shove. But only for a short window.