PDA

View Full Version : I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone all week

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-26-2010, 10:19 PM
With all of the glowing reports that I'd read on here about how good Tampa was I could not believe that they were the same 3-13 Bucs I remembered. How is it that they were going to be such a tough opponent.....just weeks ago the 1-3 crowd was saying that our only win would be against TB. How did they get so much better in only two weeks?

Was it with wins over 0-3 Cleveland and 0-3 Carolina? Was it because we had only beaten 2-1 Atlanta and 2-1 Tennessee?.......By the way, for those of you not paying attention - those only two losses were to us.

I was watching NFLN this morning and they were talking about what TB had to do to beat the Steelers. They just had to be patient and hold us to under 10 points - "which shouldn't be too difficult"......as if shutting us down was a foregone conclusion.

I was going to start a thread during the week but did not for two reasons:

1) I didn't want to jinx what I thought was an easy game.

2) Because maybe I was wrong. The media was telling me how good the Bucs are, everyone on the board was saying it, Freeman is a young Ben, McCoy has suddenly made this a stout, top tier D. I really did feel like I was in the Twilight Zone!

Back to Earth.......rant off!

chiken
09-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Their own Fans didn't even want to come out to watch the game. Should have let you know right then how confident they were about beating us.

Talking heads were just trying to Sell tickets..