PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to BA

stlrz d
09-26-2010, 08:19 PM
That's right. Kudos to BA. He called one hell of a game today and had the Bucs on their heels for a good portion of it.

I have no problem giving him props because he earned them. But I will say that *this* is what the BA haters have been waiting for and it's about time...and I *really* hope he will continue to call 'em like this.

Djfan
09-26-2010, 08:20 PM
As a very vocal BA hater, I agree. I even posted it more than once in the chat room.

If he is this guy from now on, I will get a BA t-shirt, under-roos, even bed sheets.

MicroBioSteel
09-26-2010, 08:24 PM
As a very vocal BA hater, I agree. I even posted it more than once in the chat room.

If he is this guy from now on, I will get a BA t-shirt, under-roos, even bed sheets.

I am very disturbed at the thought of BA under-roos and bed sheets. DJ are you alright?

Djfan
09-26-2010, 08:27 PM

I am very disturbed at the thought of BA under-roos and bed sheets. DJ are you alright?

I don't drink.

AkronSteel
09-26-2010, 08:32 PM
He did a very good job of calling the game today but I still can't stand that a screen to Hines is always our first pass play!!! It seems to work alright but I just can't stand it!!! Overall, he did a very nice job today.....here's hoping that he keeps it up!!!

stlrz d
09-26-2010, 08:35 PM
He did a very good job of calling the game today but I still can't stand that a screen to Hines is always our first pass play!!! It seems to work alright but I just can't stand it!!! Overall, he did a very nice job today.....here's hoping that he keeps it up!!!

Keeping the reception streak alive for Hines. ;)

Flasteel
09-26-2010, 08:36 PM

I don't drink.

Crack?

Seriously...underoos? Wow. :shock:

Okay, for real...BA seemed to have done a great job of mixing things up from my vantage point. Very nice balance and timing. I also liked the fact that he went right after the rookie replacement for Tanard Jackson, and the guy made a rookie mistake. We also had a genuine reverse. Although it got blowed up, I like the hootzpah.

I've given BA many props in the past for a good game...alright not many, but then again, there hasn't been many to prop up. I've got no problem giving him a gold star for today, but let's see how long it takes before he gets away from what's working. :P

steelblood
09-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Good play calling. Good execution. I even liked the wildcat looks (even the ones that didn't work).

DukieBoy
09-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Must add praise to BA for an excellent game plan and playcalling that was balanced run/pass and unpredictable. The one and only play call that didn't sit well was a 3rd and goal empty backfield from about the 4 yd line, and Charlie nearly completed a difficult pass to DJ on that play. It was a top day for BA, and if he keeps that up this offense will be dynamic, even moreso with Ben.

pick6
09-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Dukieboy beat me to it but that was my only gripe with his playcalling today. What is the deal with BA and the empty-set. And he doesn't do it on 3rd and 23, but he does do it on 2nd and 3. If you have the opposing defense guessing as to whether you will pass or run why would you show your hand by coming out in an empty set. I seriously would like to know.

JDSteeler
09-26-2010, 10:59 PM
My SOURCE told me that, Batch was calling his own plays!!!!!

The Defense kicked some butt, and we spanked the Bucs like we were
supposed to.

I give NOTHING to (B)ass (A)kwards!!!

JD

NJ-STEELER
09-27-2010, 02:54 AM
Dukieboy beat me to it but that was my only gripe with his playcalling today. What is the deal with BA and the empty-set. And he doesn't do it on 3rd and 23, but he does do it on 2nd and 3. If you have the opposing defense guessing as to whether you will pass or run why would you show your hand by coming out in an empty set. I seriously would like to know.

not that i like it and agree with your thought, but every NFL team does this.

they obviously see something in the defense and the match up problem it causes

jj28west
09-27-2010, 05:49 AM

Interesting, Is this true? Maybe BA called in a play and Charlie killed it and went to option B once he came up to the line.

Either way it was nice to see the running game being effective even with an eight man front. There were times in the 4th quarter that the Steelers were basically telling you we were going to run and still got positive yards. That was awesome!

Tomlinator
09-27-2010, 09:26 AM
BA looked to be on the same wavelength with the game flow yesterday.

It was nice to see the offense hit the gas pedal a bit.

feltdizz
09-27-2010, 09:39 AM

supposed to.

I give NOTHING to (B)bad word (A)kwards!!!

JD

:wft yeah.. Charlie called his own plays, hiked the ball to himself and threw TD's to Batch in the endzone.

:mrgreen:

feltdizz
09-27-2010, 09:44 AM

not that i like it and agree with your thought, but every NFL team does this.

they obviously see something in the defense and the match up problem it causes

A lot of OC's do this now... pretty much daring the D to stop it. I would love to see us come out in the empty and then switch the formation and take advantage of the D in pass protection.

JDSteeler
09-27-2010, 10:40 AM

supposed to.

JD

:wft yeah.. Charlie called his own plays, hiked the ball to himself and threw TD's to Batch in the endzone.

Yeah, Felt, he hiked it to himself, and threw TD's to himself....WTF?

BA called in the play...Batch said to himself, "We already called the RUTFM, so I'm
gonna chuck it to Wallace this time!!! "Whata gonna do, BA, bench me"!!!!

That's how it went yesterday, and the way it should go every Sunday!!

I'm about ready to change the "Topic" to ....is still "HOT-SMOKING" GARBAGE....

JD

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-27-2010, 10:50 AM

supposed to.

JD

Yeah, Felt, he hiked it to himself, and threw TD's to himself....WTF?

BA called in the play...Batch said to himself, "We already called the RUTFM, so I'm
gonna chuck it to Wallace this time!!! "Whata gonna do, BA, bench me"!!!!

That's how it went yesterday, and the way it should go every Sunday!!

I'm about ready to change the "Topic" to ....is still "HOT-SMOKING" GARBAGE....

JD
The RUTFM totaled 25-178 (7.1 ypa) & 1 TD. Or were passes called on those plays & Batch audibled to a run? Maybe Ben jammed the radio signal from BA and called the plays that game. JD...You should have "your source" stream during the games and let us know what plays are sent in so we could all know who we need to bash come Mondays. It's unfair you have all this information.

feltdizz
09-27-2010, 11:30 AM
:Clap

SteelTorch
09-27-2010, 12:27 PM
ONE good game against a not-so-good team, and people are ready to say Arians is A-OK?

Sorry, Arians is going to have to be consistent about fielding a good offense to earn any respect in my book. And so far, the only thing that Arians has been consistent at these past few years is being inconsistent.

And to be honest, the fact that people are making such a big deal about one well-played game shows you just how poor he's really been.

feltdizz
09-27-2010, 01:09 PM
ONE good game against a not-so-good team, and people are ready to say Arians is A-OK?

Sorry, Arians is going to have to be consistent about fielding a good offense to earn any respect in my book. And so far, the only thing that Arians has been consistent at these past few years is being inconsistent.

And to be honest, the fact that people are making such a big deal about one well-played game shows you just how poor he's really been.

The only reason people are making a big deal about it is because fans like you make a big deal about it when the O struggles.

I think you and a few others are taking the easy way out and blaming BA instead of blaming the LT, or the WR.. or the QB or TE who failed to do their job on a play that is "doomed from the start" and all Arians fault.

cruzer8
09-27-2010, 03:04 PM
It was good to see BA take what the D gave him and I hope he continues to do so. We are all better for it.

skyhawk
09-27-2010, 05:59 PM
If those 2 Batch TD's were INT's (both where close) we would be calling for arians head.

It's Execution.

BURGH86STEEL
09-27-2010, 06:14 PM
If those 2 Batch TD's were INT's (both where close) we would be calling for arians head.

It's Execution.

Most games boil down to execution. I've noticed more situations where execution cost this team then play calling or questionable coaching decisions.

skyhawk
09-27-2010, 06:41 PM

It's Execution.

Most games boil down to execution. I've noticed more situations where execution cost this team then play calling or questionable coaching decisions.

:Agree

stlrz d
09-27-2010, 10:53 PM

It's Execution.

I wouldn't. I posted after the Atlanta game that he was going to have to open things up and trust what he has at QB.

He finally did that.

skyhawk
09-27-2010, 11:22 PM

It's Execution.

I wouldn't. I posted after the Atlanta game that he was going to have to open things up and trust what he has at QB.

He finally did that.

Me neither. You are right on here.

Djfan
09-27-2010, 11:42 PM

It's Execution.

He finally did that.

Me neither. You are right on here.

:Agree :Agree :Agree :Agree :Agree :Agree :Agree :Agree :Agree

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-28-2010, 09:38 AM

Interesting, Is this true? Maybe BA called in a play and Charlie killed it and went to option B once he came up to the line.

Either way it was nice to see the running game being effective even with an eight man front. There were times in the 4th quarter that the Steelers were basically telling you we were going to run and still got positive yards. That was awesome!

Of course its true JJ. A guy on a message board with Ben's fork says it is true!!

You can always trust everything you read on the internet. :lol:

ikestops85
09-28-2010, 10:13 AM
I don't know whether Arians playcalling had much to do with the victory. It was probably one of his better called games but nothing spectacular. I think he is a below average OC mainly because his redzone play calling is crap. Not a horrible coordinator like some here think.

The reason we looked so good is the play of the offensive line. The big uglies did one helluva job opening up some holes so Mendy could do his thing. While I'm on the subject of Mendy the guy has shown me he is much better than I ever thought he was. Now back to the O-line. The Pouncey effect has been dramatic in my estimation. Not having the center get pushed into the backfield on short yardage plays is immense.

I also love the effort Redmen puts in. He never seems to go down when hit with the first wave of tacklers. The execution was very good against Tampa but the play calling for the most part was same ol same ol. :2c