PDA

View Full Version : A little further up Goodell's a....

Oviedo
09-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Hey commish!!!

How does that black and gold enema feel? Take your random, unjustified, inconsistent suspension and shove it

Djfan
09-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey commish!!!

How does that black and gold enema feel? Take your random, unjustified, inconsistent suspension and shove it

:Agree :Agree :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2

AkronSteel
09-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Yes Sir!!!!

:tt1

blacknblue80s
09-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Hey commish!!!

:Clap :Clap :Clap

steelblood
09-26-2010, 08:12 PM
I'd actually like to thank Roger for making our team better. Thanks, you smug, inconsistent jerk.

NorthCoast
09-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I have been bothered by those that think Goodell acted independently in handing out Ben's judgement. Everything I have read about Rooney's very concerned thoughts on Ben's problems have me thinking that the punishment was in concert and agreement with Rooney and team management. This was a 'tough-love' sentence by people truly concerned about Ben's welfare (not Goodell, but certainly the Steelers). Yes, Goodell is an A+ ahole but the inconsistency suggests to me that it just may have been with Rooney's assent.

stlrz d
09-26-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't believe the Rooneys wanted a 4 game suspension for Ben.

I do believe that Tomlin is using an "us against the world" mentality as motivation though.

The way this defense is playing is reminding me of the way the Pats offense played when Belichick was pissed off at the league.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-26-2010, 08:38 PM
I have been bothered by those that think Goodell acted independently in handing out Ben's judgement. Everything I have read about Rooney's very concerned thoughts on Ben's problems have me thinking that the punishment was in concert and agreement with Rooney and team management. This was a 'tough-love' sentence by people truly concerned about Ben's welfare (not Goodell, but certainly the Steelers). Yes, Goodell is an A+ ahole but the inconsistency suggests to me that it just may have been with Rooney's assent.

$$$$$$$$

Oviedo
09-26-2010, 08:48 PM

I disagree. The Rooney's very publicly said they would do it which would have equated to a likely 2 games not 6 games with a possibility of reduction to 4.

The Rooney's as they are overly apt to do were good soldiers and saluted the NFL flag as not to create a controversy but I can't believe they wanted 6 games.

NJ-STEELER
09-26-2010, 08:53 PM

I disagree. The Rooney's very publicly said they would do it which would have equated to a likely 2 games not 6 games with a possibility of reduction to 4.

The Rooney's as they are overly apt to do were good soldiers and saluted the NFL flag as not to create a controversy but I can't believe they wanted 6 games.
:Agree

Crash
09-26-2010, 09:02 PM
The Rooney's had no idea what Goodell's suspension number was. I believe that when II stated that he and Ben had numerous conversations and that Ben agreed to accept the consequences, that he agreed to a two game rip. THE same 4 down to 2 rip Ben's people tried to get from Goodell.

The Rooney's didn't go to bat for Ben with Goodell, and for that they should be ashamed of themselves.

Captain Lemming
09-27-2010, 12:36 AM
Rooney, Before the supension:

I've talked to the commissioner about his review of the matter. As far as the timing of any disciplinary action, the commissioner told me he would like to take at least a couple of weeks for further review of the matter. I don't expect we'll be announcing any final decisions until the week after the draft at earliest."

"I want to say that we told the commissioner that the Pittsburgh Steelers are prepared to take disciplinary action at this point. However, I want to make perfectly clear that any disciplinary action will be coordinated between the commissioner and the Pittsburgh Steelers. In other words, there will only be one disciplinary action."

"We believe each of our players has not only a responsibility to live up to the highest standards on the field, but also equally high standards off the field. Receiving the support of Pittsburgh Steelers fans all over the world is something that must be earned. I've made it clear to Ben that his conduct in this incident did not live up to our standards. We've made it very clear to Ben that there will be consequences for his actions. And Ben has indicated to me that he's willing to accept those consequences."

After the suspension:

Rooney supports suspension
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Steelers President Art Rooney said today he supports the 4-6 game suspension of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

"We were prepared to impose discipline" if Goodell did not, Rooney said in a conference call this afternoon.

Goodell and Rooney informed Roethlisberger of the decision this morning, the Steelers president said. The team also conducted its own investigation into the matter and "we felt we had all the information we needed to have this decision be made," Rooney said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10111/10 ... z10hSVoZ84 (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10111/1052260-100.stm#ixzz10hSVoZ84)

Captain Lemming
09-27-2010, 12:36 AM

I've talked to the commissioner about his review of the matter. As far as the timing of any disciplinary action, the commissioner told me he would like to take at least a couple of weeks for further review of the matter. I don't expect we'll be announcing any final decisions until the week after the draft at earliest."

"I want to say that we told the commissioner that the Pittsburgh Steelers are prepared to take disciplinary action at this point. However, I want to make perfectly clear that any disciplinary action will be coordinated between the commissioner and the Pittsburgh Steelers. In other words, there will only be one disciplinary action."

"We believe each of our players has not only a responsibility to live up to the highest standards on the field, but also equally high standards off the field. Receiving the support of Pittsburgh Steelers fans all over the world is something that must be earned. I've made it clear to Ben that his conduct in this incident did not live up to our standards. We've made it very clear to Ben that there will be consequences for his actions. And Ben has indicated to me that he's willing to accept those consequences."

After the suspension:

Steelers President Art Rooney said today he supports the 4-6 game suspension of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

"We were prepared to impose discipline" if Goodell did not, Rooney said in a conference call this afternoon.

Goodell and Rooney informed Roethlisberger of the decision this morning, the Steelers president said. The team also conducted its own investigation into the matter and "we felt we had all the information we needed to have this decision be made," Rooney said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10111/10 ... z10hSVoZ84 (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10111/1052260-100.stm#ixzz10hSVoZ84)

BURGH86STEEL
09-27-2010, 05:57 AM

I believe the suspension is what the organization wanted. I stated that before because of Goodell's handling of other players off the field transgressions. I have no idea why some fans want to make this out to be a Goodell hates or has a vendetta against the Steelers. Kinda funny really.

I agree that people in the organization were concerned about Ben's long term future. People are so caught up in the short term that they ignore the long term, positive ramifications that may result from the suspension. Ben becoming a better person.

Scarletfire1970
09-27-2010, 07:02 AM
Goodell is a Ravens fan so it makes sense.

Oviedo
09-27-2010, 07:22 AM

After the suspension:

All this confirms is that the Rooney's were doing exactly what I said, "playing good soldiers and not creating controversy."

There is no mention that they would have done the 6 games and i really doubt they would have because the CBA would I believe have prevented them from doing that much.

Since he has absolutely no standards whatsoever to go by, Goodell also could have reduced the suspension to less than 4 games at a whim because all his punishments and who he chooses to punish are nothing but whims.