PDA

View Full Version : josh freeman thinks . . .

proudpittsburgher
09-26-2010, 06:05 PM
. . . in a postgame interview . . . That they really didn't get beaten by the Steelers and they still feel they can play with us. He said it didn't feel like a loss last year to the Jets, or other teams which beat them, they didn't really feel beaten by Pittsburgh. :wft game was he watching. Didn't he get pulled?

Discipline of Steel
09-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Thats called denial. Its part of the grieving process and he will soon come to accept it.

Chavezz
09-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Has anyone ever been beaten legit?

steelblood
09-26-2010, 07:37 PM
I think Freeman is a decent young QB. The Bucs ran the ball pretty well early. Freeman was making good decisions. We got a few lucky bounces and then we started rolling. Sometimes things spiral when young team make a few mistakes or get unlucky. I think that may be what he is feeling.

The big difference in this game is that when they faltered, we finished. We finished because we dominated their D-line, used a power running game against undersized LBers, and took advantage of a rookie SS in his first start. Josh Freeman may not feel beaten, but I guarantee you that his defense feels beaten (literally).

Djfan
09-26-2010, 07:48 PM
We finished because we dominated their D-line, ...

Did you all read that right?!?!

Sounds good!!

BURGH86STEEL
09-26-2010, 07:58 PM
One think I picked up on in the game was the Bucs appeared to be keyed in on when the Dline substituted. They appeared to have some of their best runs in those situations. I hope the coaches do a better job with the rotation next week. It's possible the heat was a factor. May not be as big an issue against the Ravens.

proudpittsburgher
09-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Look, when you are losing by as much as they were late in the game, no amount of lucky bounces could have been the difference. When they know you are going to run the ball and they still can't stop you, you were thoroughly beaten. Once Pittsburgh made their adjustments on defense, young Josh Freeman was a non factor, as was the reat of their offense. They got dominated on offense by a fourth-string QB (I know that's not quite accurate, but it's not that far off). When it is all said and done, Tampa was thoroughly outplayed, dominated and beaten up. Yes, Freeman, you were beaten, just man up and accept it.

Shawn
09-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Thats called denial. Its part of the grieving process and he will soon come to accept it.

:lol:

Now that is funny.

blacknblue80s
09-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Imagine how bad it could have been if we didn't sub in our back-ups on defense for most of the 4th quarter.

proudpittsburgher
09-26-2010, 08:08 PM
He was a prick when he was drafted by the Bucks and disrespected Lefty by telling the media that Lefty was just a placeholder until he was ready, and he came off like a prick in the interview today. I say, as punishment, he should have to face the Steelers D against today. :tt2

The Man of Steel
09-26-2010, 08:13 PM
This is exactly why I've always been a strong advocate for running up the score on your opponent whenever possible.

AkronSteel
09-26-2010, 08:15 PM
I can almost see what the guy is saying!!! His team didn't play that bad today!! They were just not good enough....when it all came to a head they didn't have enough talent. In the 1st quarter they were moving the ball on the ground and in the air but they could not seem to finish a drive. Their defense on the other hand was getting destroyed at the line of scrimmage and couldn't stop the Steelers in any facet of the game. Sepulveda punted a total of 1x today, a 62 yarder I may add. Overall, I think the Bucs are an improving team and they will surprise some folks this year but when they are playing a championship caliber team like the Steelers they just cannot match up.

This team is well on their way to a deep playoff run!!! At this point they should be considered a serious contender to be playing in February, I'm talking about the Steelers....of course!!! Woohoo!!!!

:tt1 :tt2

Relentless7
09-26-2010, 08:16 PM
He was a prick when he was drafted by the Bucks and disrespected Lefty by telling the media that Lefty was just a placeholder until he was ready, and he came off like a prick in the interview today. I say, as punishment, he should have to face the Steelers D against today. :tt2

Wow. He's a cocky prick... for the first time ALL week I "get" the Roethlisberger comparisons.

:stirpot

proudpittsburgher
09-26-2010, 08:19 PM

Wow. He's a cocky prick... for the first time ALL week I "get" the Roethlisberger comparisons.

:stirpot
:)

SteelAbility
09-26-2010, 09:52 PM
20/31 for 184
5.9 YPA
0 TD
1 INT (for a pick6)
13 Points (7 in garbage time)

If not for subbing in all the second stringers for most of the 4thQ our D would have scored as much as their O.

Who wouldn't feel confident and cocky? :roll:

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2010, 11:11 PM
20/31 for 184
5.9 YPA
0 TD
1 INT (for a pick6)
13 Points (7 in garbage time)

If not for subbing in all the second stringers for most of the 4thQ our D would have scored as much as their O.

Who wouldn't feel confident and cocky? :roll:

And the 7 in garbage time was with Josh Johnson at QB, not Josh Freeman.

steelsnis
09-26-2010, 11:26 PM
We got a few lucky bounces and then we started rolling.

Sure, Wallace caught one in the endzone but Clark and Keisel had themselves in good position to make the play when the turnovers happened.

Lucky bounces tend to even out. Tampa receivers turned a couple of tipped balls into receptions in the game today just like the Steelers did (Winslow in the 1st Q, and a Bucs WR on the TD drive in garbage time).

Glad to see our D take advantage of opportunities when they are there. They must love that endzone in Tampa, first Silverback in the Super Bowl, now Keisel!!!

eniparadoxgma
09-26-2010, 11:30 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

SteelAbility
09-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Josh Freeman is who we THOUGHT he was. Steeler defense can be a real litmus test. :tt2

SteelAbility
09-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Hey Josh ... :owned

Ghost
09-27-2010, 10:39 AM
I like to peruse the message boards of the teams the Steelers play Monday morning to get a feel for how other fans think. It's not just Freeman who's delusional.

I think it was 'bucaneersterritory' where 90% thought it was all luck. LUCK :shock: They truely believed all the bounces went the Steelers way AND all the penalites got called against them as well. I was actully surprised at these sentiments. Yesterday was a beatdown and most refused to acknowledge it. Most ignored the over 200 yards rushing and not one mentioned that the only touchdown was against 11 2nd or 3rd teamers. Head scratching....

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-27-2010, 11:00 AM
I don't recall Josh Reeman taking a blow to the head yesterday. :lol:

aggiebones
09-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Just to cover some other truths here. I saw other comments he made. I'm sure some stuff is taken out of context as we like to do here to get extra pumped up:

"It's a testament to the Steelers' defense," Tampa Bay quarterback Josh Freeman said. "They put pressure on us and limited what we could do in the running game. They do a great job of communicating. I don't know if it was recognition, but that's what a veteran defense does to you."

skyhawk
09-27-2010, 05:29 PM
The Bucs did not look good AT ALL. They were overhyped all the way.

proudpittsburgher
09-27-2010, 06:30 PM
OK, so I don't take anything out of context, here's the video. Their coach was apparently drinking from the same kool-aid bottle as his young QB. He referenced the fact that it didn't feel like a loss either. You lose by 7 or ten, maybe. But this was a beatdown.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buc ... conference (http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/09000d5d81ad92b6/Buccaneers-postgame-press-conference)