PDA

View Full Version : Only game 3 but Tomlin

Steelhere10
09-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Should already be the favorite for being coach of the year. Winning with your 4th Qb against opponents with a combine winning of 6 and 2 with those only two losses coming against the Steelers. I know its early but just a thought.

hawaiiansteel
09-26-2010, 05:22 PM
yes, Tomlin has cleverly used the "Ben" situation as a motivational ploy and has succeeded in doing so with the help of the Steelers' veteran leadership.

gotta give Tomlin props... :tt2

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201009/20100926_steele_330.jpg

steelblood
09-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Tomlin had his boys start hot last year as well. Hopefully, we stay healthy and avoid any losing streaks.

Iron Shiek
09-26-2010, 06:43 PM
I agree. But its not "Coach of the 1st 1/5th of the Year". he'd be unanimous choice though for that!

Its coach of the year. Lets see what happens.

aggiebones
09-26-2010, 10:02 PM
He'll have to share it with Lebeau and even Arians.
This staff is indeed pulling all the right strings.
Even the ST coach, whose name escapes me.

SteelAbility
09-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Looks like Tomlin's plan to unleash fiery hell is finally taking effect! :twisted:

:wink: :P :tt2

SteelerNation1
09-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Yes! I love it when we cannot remember the special teams coaches name! That means they're actually doing something positive. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Just call him Captain Kangaroo (it's Al Everest, by the way).

And let's not forget Coach Koogs in this discussion on a day when the OL didn't allow a sack and opened up holes for 200+ rushing yards.

Kid
09-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Should already be the favorite for being coach of the year. Winning with your 4th Qb against opponents with a combine winning of 6 and 2 with those only two losses coming against the Steelers. I know its early but just a thought.

Did you criticize Tomlin for the team tanking it last year?

grotonsteel
09-27-2010, 10:17 AM
I don't want to jump ahead...even though i am just a Steelers fan....

Last season Steelers were 6-2 and then Steelers unleashed hell.....they lost 5 consecutive games against not-so-good NFL teams.

I will wait till Steelers reach playoffs...

Slapstick
09-27-2010, 10:26 AM

Last season Steelers were 6-2 and then Steelers unleashed hell.....they lost 5 consecutive games against not-so-good NFL teams.

The key to any NFL team is health...

Steelers>NFL
09-27-2010, 10:41 AM

Last year it was more than just health issues. Losing in Cleveland and the Raiders had nothing to do with health.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-27-2010, 10:47 AM

Last year it was more than just health issues. Losing in Cleveland and the Raiders had nothing to do with health.

I agree with what you're saying, but also ... I think even as badly as we played then, we would have won both those games if Troy and Smith had been healthy. And wasn't Harrison playing with a bicep or shoulder injury too?

Anyway, I think health contributed at least somewhat to those to losses.

And yes, back to the original topic -Tomlin is leading going around the 1st turn for coach of the year IMO!

costanza2k1
09-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Yes! I love it when we cannot remember the special teams coaches name! That means they're actually doing something positive. :lol:

You just knew the STs was going to be sweet this year the first time the coach rolled in with that mustache.

RuthlessBurgher
09-27-2010, 12:22 PM
There are two 3-0 teams in the NFL right now (there will another this evening at the end of the MNF showdown between the 2-0 Packers and 2-0 Bears). What Tomlin has done without Roethlisberger during this first month has been remarkable, but you also cannot deny the job by Todd Haley in K.C. so far. They haven't been beating only creampuffs either, sandwiching impressive home victories against the Chargers and Niners (prohibitive favorites to win the respective West divisions this year) around a win in Cleveland. We have an impressive 72 points for and 33 points against, and the Chiefs also have an impressive 68 points for and 38 points against. Kudos to Hardliner, whereever you are, buddy.

aggiebones
09-27-2010, 12:27 PM
If the Steelers had played KC in any of the last 3 weeks, they would have likely benched Cassels too.

The 49ers and SD are actually looking like creampuffs these days. SF really is surprising me, but they've laid 3 eggs. And bad stinking rotten ones. Baffles me a bit actually.