PDA

View Full Version : Was that Ike injured at the end of the game?

steelblood
09-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Someone was down after a big hit at the goal line. Looked like a corner or a safety. They went to commercial and didn't update. I think it was Ike as the replay show him go in head first and get cracked by Blount. Hope Ike is ok. We'll need him next week.

Stewie
09-26-2010, 04:53 PM
It was Will Allen.

steelblood
09-26-2010, 05:37 PM
I don't think it was Allen, because he was in on the next play. Allen was hurt earlier in the game though. This was at the very end, when Tampa finally scored a TD. The play prior to the TD someone was injured and they went to commercial before showing his number. When they came back, they didn't mention it.

pfelix73
09-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Tomlion said in his post game PC that Hoke sprained an MCL or ACL (Knee)- it was probably him.

:tt1

steelblood
09-26-2010, 05:45 PM
sprained mcl/acl, that isn't good. Oh well. Maybe we can get mcclendon back.

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Tomlion said in his post game PC that Hoke sprained an MCL or ACL (Knee)- it was probably him.

I don't think that you could come up with two more different looking football players than Ike Taylor and Chris Hoke if you tried. If would be hard to confuse those two.

That said, I have no idea who might have been injured at the very end of the game. I know at one point or another, we had 3 safeties that were nicked up...Mundy, Allen, and Clark.

steelblood
09-26-2010, 08:02 PM

I don't think that you could come up with two more different looking football players than Ike Taylor and Chris Hoke if you tried. If would be hard to confuse those two.

That said, I have no idea who might have been injured at the very end of the game. I know at one point or another, we had 3 safeties that were nicked up...Mundy, Allen, and Clark.

It was just terrible TV coverage. A player was injured defending the goal line. You could tell a player was down and several Steelers stood over him blocking any decent view of him. Silverback was waving for a trainer (the camera shot was from quite a distance). Then they went to the replay. In the replay, I saw Ike take a wicked hit and get knocked into the area on the field that injured player was currently lying. Then, they went immediately to commercial. When they returned, no mention of an injury. TV coverage in a blowout is always terrible.