PDA

View Full Version : So who writes the first "we don't need Ben" article

stlrz d
09-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Smizek, Harris or will it be a tie?

pfelix73
09-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Don't know about that- I'm just waiting for the 1st article on what Ben has been doing these past few weeks...would be nice to know.

:tt1

hawaiiansteel
09-26-2010, 03:43 PM
http://www.justnewlistings.com/blogs/uploads/I%20pity%20the%20fool!.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Doug Gottlieb?

steelblood
09-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Batch had a good day, but it could have been a very average day. He easily could have had more picks than TDs.

DukieBoy
09-26-2010, 04:18 PM
That attention-seeking boy, what's his name? Begins with F. Yeah, he'll write it.

stlrz d
09-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Doug Gottlieb?

I don't think he writes...he just speaks. LOL!

DukieBoy
09-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Doug Gottlieb?

I don't think he writes...he just speaks. LOL!
He should speak less.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-26-2010, 04:48 PM
I will say this...we didn't need Ben against the Bucs today. :lol:

NJ-STEELER
09-26-2010, 05:23 PM
we should include posters

Djfan
09-26-2010, 05:36 PM
MSM.

BURGH86STEEL
09-26-2010, 05:57 PM
No doubt that Ben makes the team better. It appears they can win without Ben.

eniparadoxgma
09-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Well, I hate to toot my own horn (man I hate that phrase) but I believe I was the first person in the Gameday Chat to type out "CUT BEN! START BATCH!".

Feel free to nominate me for whatever awards I now qualify for. 8)

MeetJoeGreene
09-26-2010, 06:04 PM
MSM.
Beat me to it

proudpittsburgher
09-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Well, I WAS touting that we should have started Charlie Batch over DD, and it appears I actually have proof that I was right. Of course, those who were claiming my idiocy for even suggesting that Batch should start over Dixon, are, um, silent now.

BURGH86STEEL
09-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Well, I WAS touting that we should have started Charlie Batch over DD, and it appears I actually have proof that I was right. Of course, those who were claiming my idiocy for even suggesting that Batch should start over Dixon, are, um, silent now.

I too thought that Batch should be given the nod over Dixon. I understood why they choose Dixon. Batch's recent injury history was something that could not be ignored. In any event, I would not change a thing since the team is 3-0. Steelers are fortunate that Batch did not ask for his release for an opportunity to be a back up elsewhere. It's nice to have a great team guy like Batch around.

I think Batch should be given the opportunity to start against the Ravens.

proudpittsburgher
09-26-2010, 08:07 PM

I too thought that Batch should be given the nod over Dixon. I understood why they choose Dixon. Batch's recent injury history was something that could not be ignored. In any event, I would not change a thing since the team is 3-0. Steelers are fortunate that Batch did not ask for his release for an opportunity to be a back up elsewhere. It's nice to have a great team guy like Batch around.

I think Batch should be given the opportunity to start against the Ravens.

Honestly, i don't care if people thought one way or the other, i just get a little put off by those who confuse their opinion with fact. :) And FWIW, Charlie made some bad decisions on the two picks today, I wanted him to start because I felt he would avoid those bad decisions. He needs to cut that out against the Ravens, but I am actually pretty confident going into the Ravens game.

chiken
09-26-2010, 09:16 PM
I actually think with the way the games unfolded that the right qb played in the right Game.. 1st game with a somewhat shaky line we needed mobility -

Against Tennessee a better team, that puts tremendous pressure on the passer, (on the road) we needed a little something from both plus a tremendous over the top performance from our defense.. (neither qb could have won that game single handedly) in this last Game, Tb doesn't have a pass rusher and were suspect to the run, so the crafty not to so mobile qb was the perfect choice.

Ben is a combination of Everything - able to beat any and every team no matter the circumstance... The rest can win Certain games against Certain Teams but not them all...

We've been very lucky thus far...

SteelAbility
09-26-2010, 10:15 PM
teeceemadison. LMAO!

ikestops85
09-27-2010, 12:47 PM
lol, I was thinking along these lines at the end of the game. Although I was wondering if BSPN or the smirking Rich Eisen would be the first to pronounce a QB controversy in Pittsburgh.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-27-2010, 02:40 PM
lol, I was thinking along these lines at the end of the game. Although I was wondering if BSPN or the smirking Rich Eisen would be the first to pronounce a QB controversy in Pittsburgh.

the only possible QB controversy in Pittsburgh is between Batch and Leftwich and it ends week 6. :tt2

SteelAbility
09-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Doug Gottlieb?

If Gottlieb does it will somehow come off as "The Steelers suck but they don't need Ben." I'm thinking pure Steeler hate is behind Gottlieb's words about Ben.

eniparadoxgma
09-27-2010, 04:57 PM
teeceemadison. LMAO!

That person is not to be spoken of around here. :nono

SteelAbility
09-27-2010, 05:29 PM
teeceemadison. LMAO!

Yes, I took a little indulgence there. :mrgreen: I consider myself fairly warned. :)

skyhawk
09-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Batch had a good day, but it could have been a very average day. He easily could have had more picks than TDs.

I don't think Ben would have had 3 gunslinging TD's yesterday. Batch played all out, nothing to loose fottball.

eniparadoxgma
09-27-2010, 09:16 PM
teeceemadison. LMAO!

Yes, I took a little indulgence there. :mrgreen: I consider myself fairly warned. :)

You ever in the gameday chat room last year when some people (I have no clue who :wink: ) would come in with names like teeceemadison and tomiesteel and proceed to play the part? Twas good times. :)

stlrz d
09-27-2010, 11:14 PM
teeceemadison. LMAO!

You ever in the gameday chat room last year when some people (I have no clue who :wink: ) would come in with names like teeceemadison and tomiesteel and proceed to play the part? Twas good times. :)

Ahhhhh...good times indeed. It was two seasons ago though.

Who was that anyway? :lol:

Crash
09-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Marshall Faulk said Ben's ego should be hurting and he should be feeling "nervous" about his job.

papillon
09-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Marshall Faulk said Ben's ego should be hurting and he should be feeling "nervous" about his job.

Marshal Faulk is an idiot of epic proportions. These guys talk just to hear themselves talk.

Pappy

sd steel
09-27-2010, 11:57 PM

At least someone is talking about the Steelers. I think the media was waiting for us to go in the tank so they could pile on Ben......but being that we are 3-0 there is really nothing to say, so leave it to Faulk to try and get the ball rolling. Look for other teams with good defenses to hold their starting QB's out for a couple of games at the beginning of the season from here on out if we win the Super Bowl! This is a copy cat league. :lol:

Crash
09-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Faulk is still bitter that Ben beat his boy Warner in XLIII. He sucked up to Ben when Ben was on the NFLN dias, but before and after that? He was crying all night how the Cards were cheated.

Deion told him "Kurt's on the bus, he can't hear you"

sd steel
09-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Faulk is still bitter that Ben beat his boy Warner in XLIII. He sucked up to Ben when Ben was on the NFLN dias, but before and after that? He was crying all night how the Cards were cheated.

Yes, I remember, I think I watched it live. Marshal has no love for the Steelers. Plus the fact that he doesn't bring much to the table, so might as well bust Ben's chops.....I'm guessing there aren't too many people listening to Faulk, at least he has an opinion about something.

Ghost
09-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Not written, but last night on PTI, Kornhiser and Wilbon had a "serious" discussion about Ben sitting on the bench for the Cleveland game so as to not upset the team balance.

It's beyond ridiculous. On October 4th I give CB a huge thank you and then ben starts taking every snap with the first team for 2 weeks prior to the 17th. There is no discussion.

flippy
09-28-2010, 08:20 AM
It's not like Batch wants to start when Ben comes back. He's even said Ben's the man. So there's no controversy.

eniparadoxgma
09-28-2010, 08:22 AM
teeceemadison. LMAO!

Ahhhhh...good times indeed. It was two seasons ago though.

Man, time flies.

Who was that anyway? :lol:

No idea. http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/151/whistled.gif (http://img194.imageshack.us/i/whistled.gif/)

Do you have any ideas?

ColumbusSteelerFan
09-28-2010, 08:25 AM
I always got a laugh when someone would come in with the screen name of "carsonsknee" :D

proudpittsburgher
09-28-2010, 08:33 AM

Yes, I remember, I think I watched it live. Marshal has no love for the Steelers. Plus the fact that he doesn't bring much to the table, so might as well bust Ben's chops.....I'm guessing there aren't too many people listening to Faulk, at least he has an opinion about something.

Marshall is correct in the Ben's ego should be hurt, but not because of the team's performance without him. His ego should be hurt because of his name being drug through the mud. As far as people thinking his job is in jeopardy, well if they really think that, it's their ego that should be hurt for displaying their idiocy.

sentinel33
09-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Always thought Faulk was a douche bag. He tries so hard too. sad.
Ben's the QB and your wrong if you even consider otherwise. On Monday Ben will be taking snaps with the first team as usual. Get this offense on the same track as the Defense and Special Teams. Go win another freakin championship before this stupid lockout happens.

eniparadoxgma
09-28-2010, 05:28 PM
I always got a laugh when someone would come in with the screen name of "carsonsknee" :D

Great stuff. :lol: :lol: :lol:

stlrz d
09-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Do you have any ideas?

Not sure, but by all accounts the roles were played pretty well.

Well enough that there were some people in the chats who didn't realize the haters and doom & gloomers were being impersonated. :lol: