PDA

View Full Version : Playing the 'Slave' card...

Discipline of Steel
09-26-2010, 10:13 AM
The guy is an unbelievable ass. I would play WHATEVER position, just to be able to play the sport i love.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100926/ap_ ... aynesworth (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100926/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_redskins_haynesworth)

WASHINGTON Albert Haynesworth said Saturday his $100 million contract doesn't make him a slave to the Washington Redskins.

In an interview with 106.7 The Fan, the two-time All-Pro defensive tackle said the big paychecks don't mean he can't push back when the team asks him to play a different position.

Haynesworth, who rarely speaks to the media, was upset this year when the Redskins switched to a 3-4 defense and told him he would be playing nose tackle.

Haynesworth protested by staying away from the team's offseason conditioning program and practices. He also skipped a mandatory minicamp and was unable to pass the team's conditioning test until the 10th day of training camp all despite receiving a $21 million bonus on April 1.

"I guess in this world we don't have a lot of people with, like, backbones," Haynesworth said. "Just because somebody pay you money don't mean they'll make you do whatever they want or whatever. I mean, does that mean everything is for sale?

"I mean, I'm not for sale. Yeah, I signed the contract and got paid a lot of money, but ... that don't mean I'm for sale or a slave or whatever."

Haynesworth said it was agreed that he would play defensive tackle in a 4-3 system when he signed with the Redskins in 2009, but the team has since overhauled its front office, coaching staff and offensive and defensive schemes. He said he now likes the new scheme better as he works with defensive coordinator Jim Haslett.

Haynesworth made a passing reference to his disputes with coach Mike Shanahan, saying some things "went down with me and Mike," but he did not elaborate. He also said he doesn't like the spotlight and would rather be someone who can just "go to Wal-Mart and hang out."

Haynesworth implied he would be playing in Sunday's game against the St. Louis Rams. He was used as a backup in the season opener against Dallas and missed last week's game against Houston with a sprained ankle.

AngryAsian
09-26-2010, 11:00 AM
So Honda hires you for huge bucks because your talents as a an assembly line manager for SUVs and trucks have received such notoriety in the car industry. Your first year in your job the Honda Ridgeline had never been more profitable because of the reliability and great craftmanship this truck has generated.

Your sophomore year, in steps up a new VP of operations and he decides that with the way the economy has been, the Hybrid cars are the wave of the future and now re-aligns your factory's production to produce the new CR-Z hybrid.... do you quit?

Haynesworth is a blow-hole of titanic proportions. He's a moron and knows nothing about being a professional.

stlrz d
09-26-2010, 11:10 AM
The guy is an unbelievable bad word. I would play WHATEVER position, just to be able to play the sport i love.

Believe it or not, there are plenty of guys in the NFL who do it for the money, not for the love of the game. They do it because they know they can do it and make a lot of money while doing it. Football is their ticket but they don't care about anything but the paycheck.

One of the local radio guys here in Green Bay talks about it all the time. He'll never name names unfortunately, but he says there are plenty of guys who play football simply because they can and because it's a good way to make a lot of money in a short amount of time...and because they can't make the same kind of money working for Fed Ex (you're welcome, Jiga) or in some warehouse driving a forklift.

The Redskins knew what they were getting with this guy and they opted to give him all that money anyway.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-26-2010, 11:25 AM
This guy has it so screwed up it is not even funny. I'm sorry, did they say to him "Now that we have given you so much money we want you to kiss Dan Snyder's bare a$$ on the 50 yard line"?

Can all of the Cleveland Cavaliers refuse to play because when they signed Lebron was there and now he isn't? I think that their game will be more drastically affected than Big Al's.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-26-2010, 11:26 AM
do you quit?

No....first you collect your $21M bonus and then refuse to work while blaming the company for treating you improperly.

Chavezz
09-26-2010, 04:23 PM
He also said he doesn't like the spotlight and would rather be someone who can just "go to Wal-Mart and hang out."

Here you go. This is all you need to know about this guy. He just wants to be someone that can hang out at walmart. I can see him wanting to be someone that isn't famous but to say that he wants to be someone the can hang out at walmart? Really?