PDA

View Full Version : Game blacked out in Tampa...

SteelCrazy
09-25-2010, 01:27 PM
.....does that mean that the NFL Sunday Ticket will be blacked out too?

birtikidis
09-25-2010, 01:43 PM
I was just going to ask that when i saw the thread title

SteelCrazy
09-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Now its 2 worried subscribers, someone help us!

NJ-STEELER
09-25-2010, 01:50 PM
only in the tampa area if i understand correctly

or whatever their home base might include...like orlando for instance.

good job by goodell again. therre's no blackout if ben is playing

SteelCrazy
09-25-2010, 01:54 PM
"When a game is blacked out, itís not available on local stations or the DirecTV Sunday Ticket package to any households or businesses within 75 miles of the home teamís stadium. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-0 ... s-off.html (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-09/tampa-bay-buccaneers-are-blacked-out-on-local-tv-as-nfl-season-kicks-off.html)

I think were in the clear.........

stlrz d
09-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Correct. NFL blackouts only affect households and establishments within a 75 mile radius.

But I'm sure there are people in Tampa with DTV boxes from other parts of the state and/or country within that radius who won't be blacked out. :lol:

SteelCrazy
09-25-2010, 02:03 PM
But I'm sure there are people in Tampa with DTV boxes from other parts of the state and/or country within that radius who won't be blacked out. :lol:

pretty sneaky sis.......

birtikidis
09-25-2010, 02:07 PM

dammit, i need to find a place to watch the game now. looks like i might be driving to gainesville or something.

NJ-STEELER
09-25-2010, 02:09 PM
that sucks, are you in orlando?

RuthlessBurgher
09-25-2010, 02:11 PM

dammit, i need to find a place to watch the game now. looks like i might be driving to gainesville or something.

Do what FlaSteel is doing since the game is blacked out for the game...drive to Tampa, buy a ticket, wave a towel, and take over that stadium. I'd guess that good seats are still readily available.

:tt2 :Steel :tt1

birtikidis
09-25-2010, 02:16 PM

Do what FlaSteel is doing since the game is blacked out for the game...drive to Tampa, buy a ticket, wave a towel, and take over that stadium. I'd guess that good seats are still readily available.

:tt2 :Steel :tt1
this kid is so broke, gotta love the college budget. grad school aint cheap, but ramon noodles are.

frankthetank1
09-25-2010, 04:11 PM
florida sports fans suck. i remember when i lived in south florida a ravens dolphins playoff game was blacked out. they couldnt sell enough tickets for a playoff game!! now the 2-0 bucs are hosting the most storied franchise in the nfl who is also 2-0 and they cant sell enough seats? wow thats pathetic. ive always thought it was odd that florida has so many pro teams.

Flasteel
09-25-2010, 05:52 PM
florida sports fans suck. i remember when i lived in south florida a ravens dolphins playoff game was blacked out. they couldnt sell enough tickets for a playoff game!! now the 2-0 bucs are hosting the most storied franchise in the nfl who is also 2-0 and they cant sell enough seats? wow thats pathetic. ive always thought it was odd that florida has so many pro teams.

Get bent Frank. :moon

frankthetank1
09-26-2010, 11:57 AM

Get bent Frank. :moon

you are my case and point. you are a steeler fan. oviedo too. do you like any florida teams? most of the state are transplants who follow other teams. i remember going to marlins games when they would play the mets and red sox and the stands would be full of new yorkers and bostonians. florida does have great college football fans but thats it.

SteelAbility
09-26-2010, 02:34 PM
The only thing looking blacked out right now are the Bucs themselves. Both sides of the ball. Actually Blacked-and-Golded out.

:lol: :tt2

pfelix73
09-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Agreed about the NFL teams in Florida. Have a friend hwo lives in Orlando who is from Bahston, MA. He bought Dolphins season tix, just so he can see the Pariots and have a shot at playoff itx. Sells the rest, if he can- or invites me down to Stiller games in Miami. Also, have a brother that just moved to Miami- he's a Philly fan and goes to the Marlins games to see the Phillies play. And it goes on and on....

Florida has too many NFL teams and I would bet that Jax will be the ones moving to LA sometime soon.....

:tt1

Oviedo
09-26-2010, 05:08 PM
As many Steelers fans in Orlando as Bucs, Dolphins or Jags. Jags are actually jokes since no one knows any.

Does the NFL network still do replays of the games. I was driving back from Georgia but knew Direct TV would black us out here in Orlando.