PDA

View Full Version : From Timmons Himself

Mister Pittsburgh
09-25-2010, 11:23 AM
http://www.timmons94.com/blog.html

Rolling Off Each Other

Written by Lawrence Timmons | September 24, 2010

Someone just told me I had 15 tackles against Tennessee and that feels like a great accomplishment, but the truth is I couldn’t do it without the D-line opening those gaps to let me into the backfield to tackle Chris Johnson, and without our pass rushers pressuring the quarterback and making him dump it off to the backs, I wouldn’t get a chance to make those tackles, either. That’s how this defense does it, we roll off each other.

I’m just trying to be all over the place, trying to do well. I must admit the heat started to get the best of me near the end of the game, and that was a pretty scary finish. The whole game the entire defense played lights out. Everybody did their job, no one was trying to do too much. When you’re patient you let the play come to you. You do your job and stay patient but you do it in a very aggressive manner.

Coach Lebeau had a great game plan, we were able to get to the ballcarrier before he could get going. Every running back wants to get his legs going and get in a rhythm and we were able to stop Chris Johnson before he could get going. Everybody stayed in their gaps and the D-line won the line of scrimmage.

Nobody can do a good job on defense unless the D-line does their job. They won that battle for the second week in a row.

We’re happy, but we’re not satisfied. We’re definitely staying humble as we head down to Tampa. We’re going to practice real hard and try to carry that over to the field on Sunday. The Bucs are 2-0 and looking to turn it around from last year, so I know they’re looking at beating the Steelers as a big opportunity. We have to go in there and play very physical football and come out with a win.

I would also like to thank all of our fans. Playing in Tennessee was like a home game. Our fans were all over that place and you could hear them chanting for the Steelers. That makes you feel good as a player, especially on the road. Believe me, we can hear you.

Lawrence Timmons is a linebacker with the Pittsburgh Steelers. His blog for playerpress.com runs at http://www.timmons94.com. Follow him on Twitter as lawrencetimmons.

Great Way to Start the Season

Written by Lawrence Timmons | September 14, 2010

What a great way to start the season. It was a great win against the Falcons. We knew we had to come out strong against Matt Ryan, Michael Turner and Roddy White and that the defense had to play well to help our young quarterback win the game.

I thought Dennis was real good, he went 18-for-24 and you can’t beat that.

You’ve got to stand up for this defense. The D-line really won the battle at the line of scrimmage and that made it easier for the linebackers and the secondary to make plays. I was free to just run to the ball a lot because Casey Hampton, Brett Keisel and Aaron Smith won the line of scrimmage. They did their job so I had to do my job, the other linebackers had to do their jobs and the secondary had to do its job. We made each other look good.

We roll off each other, that’s how a great team defense functions. I thought I had that sack/fumble but they said Ryan’s arm was going forward. Even after I saw it on film I thought it should have been a sack/fumble. It’s over now, but I would love to have had that sack.

We’re at Tennessee this week and that will be another challenge. Just like last game we want our defense to set the tone. It won’t be easy because Tennessee is a great ballclub coming off a win so they’re riding high. Chris Johnson is the best running back in the league by far, he’s had like 12 straight 100-yard games and that’s unbelievable. We’re definitely going to have our hands full but we’ll try to keep him contained and bottle him up. Just send a lot of guys at him to make the tackle and try to shut him down.

I’m not sure exactly what I’ll be doing because we install the game plan later in the week, but I’m sure I’m going to see quite a bit of Chris Johnson.

CanadianSteel
09-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Yeah his site is worth a bookmark for sure. Just wish he blogged more, well he is this season
:Steel

Ozey74
09-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Albert Hanesworth should read this.